New Member and Hopefully New Owner - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Member Introductions Just joined? Tell us about yourself and your ride.

Like Tree2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-20-2016, 12:31 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Garage
New Member and Hopefully New Owner

Hey everyone, I'm Jay, from St. Marys, Ontario. New to the forum, not new to riding. I am in the process of going to see a members bike tomorrow in person, and if I like it as much as I think I will I will say yes to pulling the trigger.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-20-2016, 01:29 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Garage
& Good Luck Tomorrow.....

2009 Blue Versys.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sold
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

“The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits.” – Albert Einstein
post #3 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-20-2016, 07:09 AM

Welcome and good luck with the bike.

post #4 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-20-2016, 09:44 AM
Banned

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Hello Jay & welcome to the Canadian Versys forum!!!!
post #5 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-20-2016, 11:12 AM

Well, did you get it? Welcome to the Can-Am Versys forum.
post #6 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-20-2016, 01:21 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Welcome to the Can-Am Versys forum!

(Right now from the "Am" part, but soon to be back in the "Can" part on 03 April.......)

Ed

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

post #7 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-20-2016, 08:23 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 48 Post(s)
Enjoy the bike

Lots of good info on this site, there are people out there that can explain how a venting gas tank sounds like a fan running. And they will go to all lengths to explain how you may have misdiagnosed it--but that's another story.
post #8 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-20-2016, 10:51 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Garage
SOOOOOOOOOOO....... Did you pull the trigger?

Jeff Reichel Palmer, ALASKA
1 Tim 6:11-12 "FIGHT the GOOD Fight"
There is no inappropriate temperature to ride a motorcycle…just inappropriate layers of protection.
2011 ADVersys

92 FATBOY (in rebuild status)
post #9 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-21-2016, 02:50 AM Thread Starter

Garage
And.....Yup, I pulled the trigger, was quite impressed with the bike, sounds like the pickup and money will change hands Wednesday evening, right Onewizard? lol
onewizard and AlaskaJeff like this.
post #10 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-21-2016, 08:26 AM

Hello and congrats on the new bike.

2015 Versys 1000LT
post #11 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-21-2016, 06:15 PM
Super Moderator

onewizard's V...?

For sure the electrics should be PERFECT...!

CONGRATS!

Ed

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC

post #12 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-21-2016, 09:25 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 48 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by fasteddiecopeman View Post
onewizard's V...?

For sure the electrics should be PERFECT...!

CONGRATS!

I followed somebody's advice , wouldn't want to offend any inmates here, but restored back to OEM, so for now a shunt regulator************as soon as my frickin part arrives from the US I will feel much better, seems like it is takin a month, been about 7 days, just sayin, one bike is leaving and the new one is in pieces, can't even start it to see if that is a series or shunt on the 2015. Stupid tracking--part arrived on March 19, destined for delivery, I think they have a dart board with numbers, bulls eye, ya three days WTF

OK got called in today so electrics on hold, tomorrow is continuation of wiring. Will post with pictures and explain options and will also try and show a tape measure while taking pictures.

Had to remove the front wheel vise on the lift as I need full movement while bringing down the heated grip wiring. So have double ratchet tie downs.

FYI , something I didn't think twice about and I doubt there are that many out there with a lift, but while completing the valve shim check I changed the front back to 15 tooth counter sprocket from the 16, this involved adjusting the chain. Never looked at it again until Jay72 came to look at it, I was alarmed what I saw. Mentioned to him that there was a problem with the chain slack. What happened is I had the tie downs on the rear frame, I am guessing a pre-load close to 200 Lbs , so it turns out using Eddies method of center punching, I needed one full turn of the adjuster bolt, which isn't much but--there you go.

Also mentioned the thread on the sucky OEM mirrors, got a upgrade today to Aprila .
post #13 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-23-2016, 03:30 PM

Enjoy your new bike! There appear to be about 4 of us Versys riders here on this forum in the SW Ontario area!
post #14 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-24-2016, 06:02 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Well met with onewizard and picked my/his bike up tonight, look great and had a shirt but nice visit, then right around the corner from his house bike tipped. Broken left fairing.
post #15 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-24-2016, 06:07 AM Thread Starter

Garage
I should make that last post more clear. We used rachet straps one on each handle bar and one one each side case holder, seemwd nice and snug, left Glen's house and right around the corner was this brutal section of construction. Well apparently the straps came loose from these horrible pot holes and my bike tipped. Luckily it landed on the left fairing, the one that says Kawasaki, and it cracked quite bad. So if anyone knows of a good place to buy either used or brand new Kawasaki parts please let me know, I tried doing a quick search and came up with nothing.

Thanks guys, please help mend a broken heart
post #16 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-24-2016, 07:43 AM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Garage
Welcome, Jay, and sorry to hear about the mishap.

Skywalker, I think there are quite a few more than four V owners here in SW Ontario.
post #17 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-24-2016, 07:48 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Well as onewizard said there are two of us here in St. Marys, where are you guys located?
post #18 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-24-2016, 07:50 AM Thread Starter

Garage
And fortunately my friend who took me to get Glen's bike took full blame for what happened, we are going to try and fix it, ID not he is going to order a new one., he's one hell of a stand up guy.
post #19 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-24-2016, 05:22 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay72 View Post
I should make that last post more clear. We used rachet straps one on each handle bar and one one each side case holder, seemwd nice and snug, left Glen's house and right around the corner was this brutal section of construction. Well apparently the straps came loose from these horrible pot holes and my bike tipped. Luckily it landed on the left fairing, the one that says Kawasaki, and it cracked quite bad. So if anyone knows of a good place to buy either used or brand new Kawasaki parts please let me know, I tried doing a quick search and came up with nothing.

Thanks guys, please help mend a broken heart
Jay - here are three pics of what I do, towing the V. I do NOT snug the tie-downs too much (don't want to "sack" the springs), so I then attach bungee-cords from the top eye (of the tie-down) to the bottom eye.

That way, when you hit a bump the bike CAN move up-and-down in a limited fashion, w/ the bungee-cords ensuring that the tie-down-hooks stay in place.

Worked for 1,700 miles during these pics....

Ed

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC

post #20 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-24-2016, 05:42 PM Thread Starter

Garage
That's interesting fasteddie, thanks for the pics, thankfully I don't think the bike will be trailered again, doing the plate transfer, Monday already have insurance set up and safety booked for Wednesday at 2:00, and as onewizard said it should pass the safety just fine, so after that it will be riden. The safety is getting done at CTC, and its 1.5 km from. My house.so just going to ride the bike there.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode