Considering trading to a Versys - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Member Introductions Just joined? Tell us about yourself and your ride.

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By kawdog

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-13-2016, 04:40 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Considering trading to a Versys

I am currently on a CB1000RA 2013, its a beast of a bike, but uncomfortable and i have been having handling issues that are really pissing me off, anyhow im trying to learn first hand from versys owners about the 650LT which is what im considering. Please let me know about any major issues anyone had, and over all comments
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-13-2016, 05:27 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Certainly no issues with mine. I have had approx 20 bikes and this one suits me far, far better than any bike I've owned. The comfort and handling are both great. And the torque is equal to or better than my previous bike which was a 1000 cc Kawasaki Concours. Good luck!

Todd
White 2015 650 LT
Apple Valley, Minnesota
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-13-2016, 07:28 PM

One major issue is everyone on this site will be jealous of your 650LT!
OKJohn likes this.

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-13-2016, 08:59 PM

not everyone.

In a world full of people, only some want to ride. Isn't that crazy?
Seal/CRAZY/misquoted

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
=>
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-13-2016, 09:10 PM

mine is not an LT, but they are all quite similar. i think if comfort is the main problem you want to solve, you'll do well with a versys. you may need to change the saddle, you may benefit from lowering the pegs. depending upon your build, you may swap out the windscreen. otherwise, the triangle is great. the motor is a peach. the handling is neutral and quick.

In a world full of people, only some want to ride. Isn't that crazy?
Seal/CRAZY/misquoted

=>
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-13-2016, 09:11 PM

I've had my 2012 650 Versys for a week now and my only complaints so far:

1. I'm used to having saddlebags, and the base model doesn't have them. (If you get an LT, it will)
2. I don't have more time to ride it.

Great handling, fun to ride, quick, 48 real-world MPG.
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-13-2016, 10:02 PM

I've had my new 2014 model, not LT, for 5 months now, and love it more every day, with just 1900 miles on it now. I am 5'6", 150 lbs, added the Speedy lowering kit and flatfoot, Speedy anti-vibe risers, modified the seat a bit to remove forward slide, and now just ride whenever I can.
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-14-2016, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by banic View Post
I am currently on a CB1000RA 2013, its a beast of a bike, but uncomfortable and i have been having handling issues that are really pissing me off, anyhow im trying to learn first hand from versys owners about the 650LT which is what im considering. Please let me know about any major issues anyone had, and over all comments
Hi banic. I think the best thing you can do, if you haven't already, is take a test ride. This could solve all sorts of questions for you.

2015 Versys 1000LT
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-14-2016, 09:34 PM Thread Starter

sadly its not so easy to get out for test rides here in ontario canada, also im still considering a fj09... i just feel lost about what to ride now a days lol
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-14-2016, 09:49 PM

Garage
Where in Ontario? I have a '11 650 versys that I've had since last spring. My friend picked up a new FJ-09 last year. They are quite similar in riding position with the FJ having a bit more room. The fj also has more power but this is not a very noticeable issue when riding.They are both great bikes.
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-14-2016, 10:27 PM Thread Starter

Im just outside of toronto. yea the fj looks sweet, i was actually going to get it over the cb1000r, and now its a $4-5k mistake as my mistake for the cb1000 keeps growing :P
post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-14-2016, 11:13 PM

Garage
1850 miles on my '15LT. Only issues I've had are little things like, needing a better windscreen (resolved when the package arrives), needing a bit better gearing (resolved today by changing to a 16 tooth front sprocket from a 2011 zx6r, smoothed everything out for me) and lastly heated grips. The grips though will depend on where you live. I just haven't gotten around to getting any yet.

This bike has been great and is comfortable for hours of riding for me. 6'0" 190lbs.

I do wish someone would come up with an upgraded solution for the rear suspension knob though. I'd kill for some kind of electronic adjustment there. An adjustment on the fly would be awesome. But, I suppose the $23k multistrada would fix that problem😜.
post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-17-2016, 04:51 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Welcome from AZ!

Ed

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-17-2016, 05:07 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevrider View Post
mine is not an LT, but they are all quite similar. i think if comfort is the main problem you want to solve, you'll do well with a versys. you may need to change the saddle, you may benefit from lowering the pegs. depending upon your build, you may swap out the windscreen. otherwise, the triangle is great. the motor is a peach. the handling is neutral and quick.
+1 on this. About the only things that might not be aperfect fit are saddle, being "scrunched" up (but certainly less than your current ride) and a taller/better windshield.

Forty years away from 2 wheel fun. Sure is great to be back smelling the roses!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode