Aftermarket Exhaust Recommendations? - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Member Introductions Just joined? Tell us about yourself and your ride.

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Corvette96
  • 2 Post By invader

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-23-2016, 08:33 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Garage
Exclamation Aftermarket Exhaust Recommendations?

Can anyone recommend a good exhaust for the 15 Versys LT? I want something that looks kick ass, sounds kick ass, but is not going to be crazy loud. Bike will be primarily commuting and touring so I just want a clean, deep sound that won't kill my ears.

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-23-2016, 10:07 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Garage
If your only going for looks,sound and a weight loss then an aftermarket exhaust is worth it. Other than that their a waste of money. Not sure about the 15's but i liked the yoshi on my 09.

IMG_0752 by weljo2001, on Flickr

2009 Blue Versys.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sold
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

“The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits.” – Albert Einstein
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-23-2016, 03:27 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corvette96 View Post
Can anyone recommend a good exhaust for the 15 Versys LT? I want something that looks kick ass, sounds kick ass, but is not going to be crazy loud. Bike will be primarily commuting and touring so I just want a clean, deep sound that won't kill my ears.

Thanks
Yes - the OEM muffler...! Do you realize that on the '15 you need the WHOLE system - headers, muffler are one piece.

Ed

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-23-2016, 05:02 PM Thread Starter

Garage
I am fine with buying a whole system, I hate the looks of the stock exhaust. Who makes them for a 15 though!? I cannot find many other than a couple no names.

Thanks
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-23-2016, 05:03 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by fasteddiecopeman View Post
Yes - the OEM muffler...! Do you realize that on the '15 you need the WHOLE system - headers, muffler are one piece.
Quote:
Originally Posted by weljo2001 View Post
If your only going for looks,sound and a weight loss then an aftermarket exhaust is worth it. Other than that their a waste of money. Not sure about the 15's but i liked the yoshi on my 09.

IMG_0752 by weljo2001, on Flickr
That Yoshi looks amazing! I had a Yoshi on my CBR 600rr that sounded like gold.
weljo2001 likes this.
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-23-2016, 05:55 PM

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-24-2016, 12:43 AM

Not much out there for the 3rd gen yet. the one I like the looks of is this one.
Scorpion Serket Exhaust Systems

A few other offerings
Delkevic UK Motorcycles | Kawasaki | 650 | KLE650 VERSYS (2015-2016)

Idont care for the looks of these
http://www.mivv.it/en/news_apri.asp?cn=2640

Last edited by Motojunkee; 02-24-2016 at 12:46 AM.
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-24-2016, 07:07 AM

I have an IXIL SX-1:

You get 3 loudness options - you can run with either of the two provided db killers or without any. One db killer makes the thing almost as silent as stock, the second one is louder (and makes the exhaust sound full and raspy), without a db killer it gets too loud for comfort IMO. I ride with the middle option.

There's one thing to be careful of - the body of that silencer sits very close to the chain, if you have too much chain slack you may get a few scratches...

2015 Versys 650
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-24-2016, 12:29 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Thank you ll for the replies. From the looks of it, I feel as if the Scorpion would be the best exhaust for me. Anyone very had a scorpion before and can speak on their reliability? I have had two bros in the past and I have been very impressed with their quality.
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-24-2016, 02:12 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
Quote:
Thank you ll for the replies. From the looks of it, I feel as if the Scorpion would be the best exhaust for me. Anyone very had a scorpion before and can speak on their reliability? I have had two bros in the past and I have been very impressed with their quality.
Don't see many Scorpion exhaust here. Guess because their out of the UK i believe.I missed out on getting one here in the for sale section in 2010. I like its sound the best and the Scorpions never need re-packing.

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

“The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits.” – Albert Einstein
post #11 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-24-2016, 07:47 PM

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
As far as quality, workmanship, and involvement in Moto and Auto racing, you'll have a very hard time finding better than Scorpion... Never needs repacking, and is guaranteed for life.

VIDEO: Scorpion Exhausts Explained with Bikers LAB | Scorpion Exhausts Blog
Lours_Polaire and weljo2001 like this.

Last edited by invader; 02-24-2016 at 07:49 PM.
post #12 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-25-2016, 02:22 PM Thread Starter

Garage
That video makes me want to write a blank check! Thanks!
post #13 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-25-2016, 02:42 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
There's also the Arrow:

http://www.arrow.it/en/assembled/1386

I love the look of the black/carbon.
post #14 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-26-2016, 07:59 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedy83 View Post
There's also the Arrow:

Arrow - Kawasaki Versys 650 2015

I love the look of the black/carbon.
That is a sharp exhaust as well. I like the fact that it only adds 2DB of volume to the system. So is the pipe alwas that stainless color as in the picture, just with the choice of a different end cap? Or can you get the whole exhaust in carbon?
post #15 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-26-2016, 11:05 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
That is a sharp exhaust as well. I like the fact that it only adds 2DB of volume to the system. So is the pipe alwas that stainless color as in the picture, just with the choice of a different end cap? Or can you get the whole exhaust in carbon?
It would appear that they offer eight or nine different options. The headers are stainless, but you can get a "carby" silencer with "carby" end cap.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	carby.jpg
Views:	419
Size:	77.0 KB
ID:	81601  
post #16 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-12-2019, 02:54 AM

Garage
https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/...ninja-650-er6n No Power commander or ECU change, dyno +8HP, O2 sensor stock due need a custom bolt for O2 sensor adapter. -15bls. Washers needed to space out right pegs.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20170217_191820.jpg
Views:	102
Size:	45.5 KB
ID:	162475  

post #17 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-12-2019, 03:11 AM
Super Moderator

Yoshi extended.
post #18 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-12-2019, 07:01 AM

Garage
Quote:

Thanks
The Kawasaki Parallel twin will never sound kick ass. It will sound like a big thumper.

My Versys Travels:

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
exhaust

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode