Pitbull stands and Versys - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Member Introductions Just joined? Tell us about yourself and your ride.

7Likes
  • 1 Post By kawdog
  • 1 Post By Stud Muffin
  • 1 Post By cjcintucson
  • 2 Post By RonMan
  • 2 Post By fasteddiecopeman

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-27-2016, 04:29 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Garage
Pitbull stands and Versys

I recently purchased a 09 Versys with less then 4,000 miles and I'am very please with this bike, although every other bike I ever owned had a center stand. Not a problem, did a little reading and bought a used pair of Pit bull Stands. The rear stand works very nicely but when I place the front pin in the hole at the top of the fork and lift, the front tire never leaves the ground. There seems to be too much travel in my front forks. Has this happen to anyone else. I aware, I don't have the right pin size but thought I would try it a few times before I purchased the correct pin. (any constructive help, would be greatly appreciated)

One more thing.....yes I adjusted the stand out to the highest setting.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-27-2016, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonMan View Post
I recently purchased a 09 Versys with less then 4,000 miles and I'am very please with this bike, although every other bike I ever owned had a center stand. Not a problem, did a little reading and bought a used pair of Pit bull Stands. The rear stand works very nicely but when I place the front pin in the hole at the top of the fork and lift, the front tire never leaves the ground. There seems to be too much travel in my front forks. Has this happen to anyone else. I aware, I don't have the right pin size but thought I would try it a few times before I purchased the correct pin. (any constructive help, would be greatly appreciated)

One more thing.....yes I adjusted the stand out to the highest setting.
do you have the right pin for the front stand? I think it calls for a standard pin with a number 2 adapter. per pit bull's web site

Last edited by turn8a; 01-27-2016 at 05:25 PM.
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-27-2016, 04:45 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to silviefox
you could possibly make and extension couldnt you?

yes im a guy.
Silvie=latin for. Of the forest /woods. Fox= Vulpine (also my middle name)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"closed mindedness causes bliss in simple minded people"

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-27-2016, 06:35 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Do you have a picture? I have a Pitbull stand that lifts from the triples and it gets the front wheel off the ground just fine. Mine isn't adjustable for different heights, but they do make different ones, some of which may no longer be on their website.
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-27-2016, 08:06 PM

Quote:
I aware, I don't have the right pin size but thought I would try it a few times before I purchased the correct pin. (any constructive help, would be greatly appreciated)
Get the right pin. They are not that expensive and you don't want the bike to fall over. That can get expensive.
RonMan likes this.
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-27-2016, 11:33 PM

I have a black widow stand and my 09 is lowered so the stand gets the wheel up a little higher. However it looks like it would barely be off the ground with the stock height front end.
RonMan likes this.
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-28-2016, 09:41 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Let me first say I love this site and thank all of you for the comments. I contacted Putbull and they were very quick to answer...see the below...So between their answer and none you having (or heard of) the same issue I will order the correct pin and see if that brings it up a little higher..(again thank you)

I've never heard that complaint before. I suspect it's related to using the wrong pin because that can change the angles and lead to a lower overall lifting height. Let us know if you have any other questions at any time. Thanks and have a good day!

George F. Hoffman

General Manager

Pit Bull Products, Inc.

Don't run with the pack…Lead it!
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-28-2016, 09:53 AM

Quote:
Let me first say I love this site and thank all of you for the comments. I contacted Putbull and they were very quick to answer...see the below...So between their answer and none you having (or heard of) the same issue I will order the correct pin and see if that brings it up a little higher..(again thank you)

I've never heard that complaint before. I suspect it's related to using the wrong pin because that can change the angles and lead to a lower overall lifting height. Let us know if you have any other questions at any time. Thanks and have a good day!

George F. Hoffman

General Manager

Pit Bull Prytoducts, Inc.

Don't run with the pack…Lead it!
Glad you got it figured out. I have to apologize I didn't catch the part
In your post that you knew you had the wrong pin.Again glad it worked out and welcome to the forum!
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-28-2016, 10:26 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Just a reminder that if the Pitbull are like other stands, you HAVE TO use the rear stand first and every time, even if you are only working on the front of the bike. Front stand alone can twist and topple your bike - not pretty.
onewizard likes this.

Forty years away from 2 wheel fun. Sure is great to be back smelling the roses!!!
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-13-2016, 10:28 AM Thread Starter

Garage
I want to add a follow up to my original post just in case someone later stumbles across this. I ordered the proper pin from Pit Bull and installed it the night before last. With somewhat disbelief it would work. Was I way wrong, and extremely pleased with the amount of lift, it worked perfectly.

Like mentioned above it needs a Standard pin + #2 adapter sleeve. What a difference, when using the proper Pin.

I could have used this pin three weeks ago when I had the front of my bike suspended from the handlebars to the ceiling joist with a few ratchet straps. (watch this) I decided to get new rubber and the redneck part of me just decided to "get er done".

Thanks again
onewizard and turn8a like this.
post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-19-2016, 09:50 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjcintucson View Post
Just a reminder that if the Pitbull are like other stands, you HAVE TO use the rear stand first and every time, even if you are only working on the front of the bike. Front stand alone can twist and topple your bike - not pretty.
And may we ask how you know that ?

LOP
post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-19-2016, 12:00 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lours_Polaire View Post
And may we ask how you know that ?

LOP
Phil - OF COURSE he said that BECAUSE he read the instructions prior to using the stands....

onewizard and Lours_Polaire like this.

Ed

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-27-2016, 03:04 PM

Garage
Quote:
Like mentioned above it needs a Standard pin + #2 adapter sleeve. What a difference, when using the proper Pin.

For anyone reading this, The quoted information above is for a Front Wheel Stand.

For a PIT BULL Rear Wheel Stand ..you need a pair of 10mm Spools ( the bolts are included ) ..when Ordering your PIT BULL stand from PIT BULL. .....If you have a 2016 Kawasaki VERSYS 650
post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-27-2016, 03:25 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
For what I know, the 2015- Versys 650 has a 8mm thread for the spools.

Versys 2015 Green
post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-27-2016, 06:15 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikectm2 View Post
...For a PIT BULL Rear Wheel Stand ..you need a pair of 10mm Spools ( the bolts are included ) ..when Ordering your PIT BULL stand from PIT BULL. .....If you have a 2016 Kawasaki VERSYS 650
Quote:
Originally Posted by chid View Post
For what I know, the 2015- Versys 650 has a 8mm thread for the spools.
chid is right! Buy the 10 mm ones and you'll end up putting them onto our FOR SALE section....

Ed

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode