copper gold versys - like it?

• Heck no

Votes: 24 61.5%
  • Nice

Votes: 15 38.5%

wish list on a paint job

13K views 31 replies 24 participants last post by  fasteddiecopeman 
#1 · (Edited)
Photoshopped this today. Tacky or do you like it?

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Nice Photoshop job

I think it looks pretty cool. I've been wracking my brain ever since I bought my Passion Red '08 V, trying to decide what color to repaint it. Believe it or not, on my last visit to the powder coater's shop I saw some tractor parts that were painted a medium pea-green that I thought was pretty nice. Not John Deere green or anything, but more like one of those funky Orvis-type greens that Jeep used a couple of years ago. It might go good with all of the silver plastic doo-dads on my bike.

#4 ·
Not My Cup of Tea

Just doesn't do much for me. But if it's what you want...good on you!

If I could change the color of my bike, I'd love to see it black, with gold accents.

Monte

#13 ·
Passion red and silver is still best color scheme I've seen, but it's your bike...paint it however you like it. Black and gold is the best of the ones above, IMO.

#16 ·
The black and gold is GREAT! Wish I could afford to paint mine like that. The camo looks ok too but I would never really do that one because it doesn’t stand out enough. The black and gold shouts CUSTOM. Just replace the Kawasaki stickers with something else or leave them off. By the way, you are pretty good with Photoshop.:thumb:

#17 ·
Awsesome!

Vladimirpoopen,

Thanks for the vision of Black and Gold. I wasn't thinking of that much gold, but it looks freaking awesome!

At the same time I love the Camo version. Maybe I'm partial to the camo after wearing it for 20 years or so, but it does look really cool!

Monte

#19 ·
Having made up my mind that the glow green Versys will replace my current Triumph Bonneville, I have it in mind to budget for some paint work. I'm thinking about taking the plastic side panels that run along the tank out to the headlamp and painting them black or mostly black. Then applying the Monster Energy logo where the Kawasaki decal is now. I think that would look really good. Initially I was thinking about repainting the Versys in the manner of the Playboy sponsored bike in MotoGp. Black and white with a Playboy Bunny logo where the Kawasaki decal is now. However, my wife suggested I have my helmet re-painted with the word "sexist loser" across the back. I reconsidered.

#20 ·
I didn't think too much of the first wine colored post, especially with the copper around the light. The black and gold would look sweet with much less gold. I'd actually prefer just the radiator plastic and other side and bottom plastics in gold, not swingarm and frame pieces. Camo wasn't too bad either. I've poured over in my mind what I would like to do with the scheme on my own bike, but all I can really think of is to black out the wheels and the silver plastic pieces in flat black. I love, LOVE the red, and the look of the bike is awesome, EXCEPT for that damn headlight. Gets me everytime I look at it, so I usually just try to avoid looking at the front end.

#28 ·
Been away for a bit (meaning just wasn't browsing much). Anyhoo... white is gonna be difficult cuz I reduce it to gray scale (the parts I want to change color on and then apply color. That's how you get the shadows, lines, etc.

White on black.... black would be where? Change the silver frame to black? The radiator covers?

I have to catch up on this thread too... quite a few replies since I posted.

As for being good with photoshop.... I am not. Just use the pen tool, some layers, overlay and adjust hue/sat with colorize. For the camo... had to create an overlay pattern first (there are lots of tuts out there).

#30 ·
The copper one looked more of a souring cranberry color than copper to me.
I'm in the minority here, but I'd say you OG'd on the black one.
The camo looked a lot better than I would have thought. I agree it needs some ammo can panniers.
I have been considering going the chromalusion route when my red starts fading to pink.

#31 ·
The black and gold would go over real big here in Pittsburgh.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.