Classifieds Feedback Leave feedback about your classifieds transaction for others to see

2Likes
  • 2 Post By onewizard

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-08-2018, 04:13 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Garage
Mprelc - not so positive

First time I've ever left negative feedback, on any forum.

Seller was hard to get in touch with, even after initial response.

Item did not, in fact, come with any mounting hardware, and was missing two of the screws, not just one. Managed to fab up an exhaust hanger and get replacement bolts, so the item does work, but was wholly misrepresented.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-08-2018, 05:39 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage
Wow sorry to hear this...I've been a member on this forum since 2010 and this is the first negative classified feedback I've seen... I've sold and bought tons of stuff here and never had any issues....

2009 Blue Versys.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sold
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-09-2018, 08:55 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
If I read that quoted email correctly, the seller is shipping for free?? If that is the case, negative feedback is unwarranted. In reality today, shipping is the largest determining factor on most sales, hence why many outlets off free shipping.
Also coming to his defense, he had 4 posts total, so he would have had PM issues with this forum, in my opinion the negative feedback was unjustified.

Last edited by onewizard; 04-09-2018 at 09:07 AM.

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-09-2018, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by onewizard View Post
If I read that quoted email correctly, the seller is shipping for free?? If that is the case, negative feedback is unwarranted. In reality today, shipping is the largest determining factor on most sales, hence why many outlets off free shipping.
Also coming to his defense, he had 4 posts total, so he would have had PM issues with this forum, in my opinion the negative feedback was unjustified.
What does free shipping have to do with lack of mounting hardware? Seller clearly stated that all hardware and bracket were included.

Feedback is totally justified.

1974 Kawasaki F11
2004 Yamaha WR450 plated
2014 Kawasaki Versys 650
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-09-2018, 12:41 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
While I do appreciate the free shipping, the cost of shipping was well offset by having to buy materials and tools to fab my own exhaust hanger, not to mention the evening lost to working on it. If a regular outlet had taken the same amount of response time, I would have expected at least a shipping discount to cover this. A forum is obviously not a retail store, but my assumption was more that the free shipping was due to the delay than it was due to promising items that were not delivered.

Quote:
I can understand PM difficulties on forums, which is why I provided him with my phone number if texting was easier, as well as my email for PayPal. In addition, the seller did not state any issues with communication, only that they had forgotten their item was listed here. Again, understandable, but the more spotty communication continuing from that point is what I took more issue with.

If there had been just difficult communication and the seller had provided free shipping, this would have been positive feedback. If the seller had been up front about the item not including parts, I likely would have been alright with that. But that is why I specifically inquired as to whether or not it included the db killers, mounting bracket, hardware, and clamp - and it included only the db killers and 1/2 the hardware, no bracket, no clamp, and no heads up of "hey I stated X but now that I'm packing it I realized it's actually Y." As someone who works in online sales handling customers and product, that is negligence bordering on intent that is not excused through a shipping discount.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-09-2018, 04:51 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 09Greeny View Post
While I do appreciate the free shipping, the cost of shipping was well offset by having to buy materials and tools to fab my own exhaust hanger, not to mention the evening lost to working on it. If a regular outlet had taken the same amount of response time, I would have expected at least a shipping discount to cover this. A forum is obviously not a retail store, but my assumption was more that the free shipping was due to the delay than it was due to promising items that were not delivered.

I can understand PM difficulties on forums, which is why I provided him with my phone number if texting was easier, as well as my email for PayPal. In addition, the seller did not state any issues with communication, only that they had forgotten their item was listed here. Again, understandable, but the more spotty communication continuing from that point is what I took more issue with.

If there had been just difficult communication and the seller had provided free shipping, this would have been positive feedback. If the seller had been up front about the item not including parts, I likely would have been alright with that. But that is why I specifically inquired as to whether or not it included the db killers, mounting bracket, hardware, and clamp - and it included only the db killers and 1/2 the hardware, no bracket, no clamp, and no heads up of "hey I stated X but now that I'm packing it I realized it's actually Y." As someone who works in online sales handling customers and product, that is negligence bordering on intent that is not excused through a shipping discount.
I stand corrected, as I have been dealing with 2 elderly parents as POA and checking in on this forum, what caught my eye was the quoted email, I failed to see the text below describing the missing bracket etc. , it wasn't until I read your latest post that I realized you are 100% justified. Since I have purchased thousands of dollars worth of test equipment on Ebay for over 8 years, I have had a few boat anchors, and I have also filed several claims , also been taken for a couple. From what I have read in your latest message, I would hope you have contacted the seller to see if a bit of a refund is in order, which would be the right thing to do.

On Amazon.ca , I have found several items by one particular seller and numerous feedback statements stating that this seller is selling fake stuff, Amazon is too busy going after $3 items that are fake, feedback from any site is important. Your posting is of importance for future products from this member, buyer be ware.
weljo2001 and 09Greeny like this.

Last edited by onewizard; 04-09-2018 at 04:56 PM.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-09-2018, 09:08 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
From what I have read in your latest message, I would hope you have contacted the seller to see if a bit of a refund is in order, which would be the right thing to do.
Honestly between the difficulty of contact, how cheap I got it, and how happy I am with the way it looks and sounds now that it's on the bike, I don't care to bother trying for it. It's on, it sounds glorious, and it doesn't give me a headache like the 2x5in hole in my Yoshimura pipe did, but the next guy might not have a garage and tools to make a bracket for, which is why I'm posting feedback.

Even after buying an angle grinder and materials, I'm pretty sure I still came out ahead over my next cheapest option that isn't craigslist, so for a daily driver, it's good enough that it's not worth the trouble to me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode