02 January 2016 in AZ - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Member Rides Show off your Versys...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-03-2016, 01:05 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
02 January 2016 in AZ

Rode BIG RED over w/ a pal on his BMW 1200RT to the Coolidge Airport for the 'Fly in' breakfast yesterday. It was cold to start, and no 'warbirds' came in before we left, but two NICE antiques did come....

This next one a 1941 Stinson that did some time in WW2 training bomber crews in 'Jolly Olde'....

From there we rode about an hour and a bit N, to Scottsdale, and the home of the producer of the "Thermo-bob". We chatted awhile, then left w/ a smaller "Thermo-bob" that I'll attempt to 'prototype' to fit the GREEN HORNET TOO when back in BC in April. Hopefully I'll get it nicely mounted-up, then supply Bill w/ pics and details, so he can advertise a "T-Bob" for the Gen 3s...!

Twenty minutes S we pulled in to the McDonalds car-show that I've posted pics of, before. Saw an SUV wearing wheels about the same color as the GREEN HORNET TOO.

There were several neat sports-cars there, an early Porsche 356 that appeared brand-new...

an Aston Martin,

as well as a Lotus.

There were ALSO a Ferrari and a Lamborghini, but if you've seen one...!

Amongst the hot-rods and muscle cars was one w/ pin-stiping that brought to mind "Von Dutch", and here's some pics:

Its trunk featured a 'flying eyeball', which WAS a Von Dutch "trademark" (in fact I had one painted on the BELL 500TX I wore while riding my fuel drag-bike, way-back-when!).

IMPRESSIVE work...!

We left McDees about 3PM, a by-now warm riding-day for the hour S to home....

GOOD day, GREAT ride!

Ed
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

Last edited by fasteddiecopeman; 02-17-2016 at 03:36 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-04-2016, 09:16 AM
Banned

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
It looked like a good day out Eddie.

I'll take the Aston Martin over all the rest, 'cept the airplanes o' course!
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-04-2016, 09:37 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Nice pics Ed, love vintage aircraft. How do you think the Versys is improved by the thermo-bob thermostat?
Just a question not a challenge. I am curious of your opinion. Thank You.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-04-2016, 12:36 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Markie Motard View Post
Nice pics Ed, love vintage aircraft. How do you think the Versys is improved by the thermo-bob thermostat?
Just a question not a challenge. I am curious of your opinion. Thank You.
When Bill developed his first "Thermo-Bob" for the KLR, I was one of the first in installing one onto mine.

The temp gauge on the KLR would slowly move to the right-side (high-temp end), then rapidly back to the left low-temp end (as the thermostat opened dumping cold coolant into the engine), and do this during every ride when temps were less than HOT, so reading his notes convinced me to get one.

After installing mine, I saw the temp come up fairly rapidly to the mid-temp position, then just STAY there. THAT convinced me that this was a VG 'farkle' for the KLR, so when he told me he was developing a kit for the V, I got one (again - probably the first) and installed it onto BIG RED, my '08. As we don't have a temp-gauge on the V, I'm just transferring the knowledge I got on the KLR over to the V, and got another when I bought my '09. Unfortunately, that "Thermo-Bob" stayed on the GREEN HORNET when it was written-off, but I DID buy another for my '15 the GREEN HORNET TOO, only to discover that, because of the transverse engine-mount-fitting across the front of the engine, there's NOT enough room for it, so I look forward to "prototyping" this smaller "Thermo-Bob" for the Gen 3 Vs. Here's a link to the thread I started for that:
http://www.kawasakiversys.com/forums...led-again.html

Ed

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode