Versys Ride/Skyline Drive - Shenandoah National Park - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Member Rides Show off your Versys...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-04-2008, 12:11 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Versys Ride/Skyline Drive - Shenandoah National Park

What a great ride yesterday on Skyline Drive in Shenandoah National Park. This was my first trip up and down the mountain twisties on the new Versys and I couldn't be happier with the bike.
When all was said and done and back in Richmond I'd covered 250+ miles and was comfortable the entire ride. The stock seat was much friendlier away from the stop and go of city traffic and I can't wait to do it again!

Will be planning another ride with a group of friends this coming weekend Saturday 8/09, somewhere in the mountains West of Charlottesville, VA if anyone's in the area, shoot me an email.
Check out the attached pics, my buddies first trip on his new Aprilia, great day!

Cheers,
John
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Skyline Drive Versys.JPG
Views:	105
Size:	454.5 KB
ID:	587   Click image for larger version

Name:	Versys & Aprilia Shiver 750 - Skyline Drive.JPG
Views:	132
Size:	457.5 KB
ID:	588   Click image for larger version

Name:	Skyline Drive 3:8:08.JPG
Views:	93
Size:	487.3 KB
ID:	590   Click image for larger version

Name:	Aprilia Skyline Drive.JPG
Views:	104
Size:	465.1 KB
ID:	591   Click image for larger version

Name:	SLD 3:8:08.JPG
Views:	86
Size:	449.6 KB
ID:	592  

Last edited by jescycle; 08-04-2008 at 06:46 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-04-2008, 12:29 PM

Hey now!

The V looks right at home next to a sexy Italian, doesn't it?
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-04-2008, 01:15 PM

Very similiar look bikes - sounds like a great ride!

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-06-2008, 10:40 AM

Hi John,

I am down in Newport News and I am interested in joining you on one of your future rides. I am a newbie (just got back on the bike after 20 years off) so I'll get some more practice and then join you.

Have fun.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-06-2008, 10:42 AM

This is on my list of 'must rides'.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-07-2008, 07:22 AM

I lived in newport news for 20 years, what part you in? i lived in the denbigh area, currently i live in roanoke va. about 10 minutes from the blue ridge parkway.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-07-2008, 10:08 AM

I am currently in Kiln Creek but will most likely be moving to Williamsburg. It sounds like we have a handful of Versys riders in this area. Is this enough for a Mega-Versys-Fest?
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-11-2008, 11:30 AM

Smile

Hey jescycle. What kind of windscreen do you have? And how well does it work? I really like the tinted look, it goes well with the bike. What is your height? (Just for reference in relation to the windscreen). I am racking my brain right now over what bike to buy. I have looked at almost everything on the web concerning the V. It's a toss up between the V and the 09 BMW 650GS. The new GS will be coming to the U.S. in a few weeks. I will give it a test ride then make my decision, i hope. I keep going back to the V though. If someone will just let me test ride it. I guess i am used to the beemers, you can test ride those. I currently own a 2000 1100RT BMW. I am ready for a change. Whichever one i get i wiil turn it in to a light tourer with full luggage. Those pics are great! I too live in VA, near Warrenton. Ride safe. Thanks in advance for your reply. Maybe i should buy the V NOW, then the beemer in a couple years and keep both! I WISH!
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-11-2008, 12:07 PM

i sold my 03 r1150rt to buy the V. never looked back, was ready for a change also, honestly it does everything the RT for the most part, of course no abs or adjustable winshileld , but that's okay, i'm 6'2" 185 i run the vario shield, does a good job.....
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-11-2008, 12:59 PM Thread Starter

Hey Cyclerider, the windscreen is a Powerbronze Flip Screen and I've been really pleased with it. I have it in the highest setting and it does the job for me. I'm 5'9", I have to lower my head a bit for total wind cut but it's still comfortable at high speeds and I like the looks of it better than anything else I've seen.

http://www.powerbronzeusa.com/Displa...ID=25348#MODEL

As far as your decision on a new bike, get the V now and if you think you're missing something get the BMW as well. I think you'll be happy with the Versys, great bike!

Cheers,
John
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-11-2008, 03:38 PM

I just checked the site. Only $86.00.That's cheap! I too am 5' 9". Good to know that will work. Iwas also looking at the vario. I will look at that option as well. Another RT owner switched to a V. It's making my decision a lot easier. The Kawi might be in my driveway soon. As far as owning two bikes. Most likely not. One daughter on her way to Tech and the other on her way next year. Ride safe, ride again repeat as necessary!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode