July 4th - Didsbury to Wetaskiwin to Didsbury, AB - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Member Rides Show off your Versys...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 07-05-2010, 01:41 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
July 4th - Didsbury to Wetaskiwin to Didsbury, AB

Rode up to the Reynolds Museum (and Canadian Aviation Hall of Fame) yesterday morning. Sunny and cool when I left (forecast was sunny with cloudy periods...), so I was wearing my First Gear Kilimanjaro jacket over a polar fleece; Frank Thomas NON-waterproof pants and NON-waterproof riding boots (figured my waterproof boots would be too warm...) but I did put MX wool sox on (). The 2 hour ride north was pretty boring, but the clouds out west were rather intimidating looking as I pulled in to the museum to meet my buddy from Edmonton. He pulled up in his pickup and acknowledged my call of "P*ssy!" explaining that it was raining at his place. We spent several hours in this marvelous facility, then went out to head for home.

It was starting to "spit" so he wished me luck as I launched south. Stopped in Ponoka at the rodeo (second largest here, next to the Calgary Stampede) to visit my brother, top rodeo photographer, then left in rain. By the time Hwy 2A joined Hwy 2 it was raining harder and traffic was turning into bumper-to-bumper. (Kinda wished I'd brought rain gear by then )

By Red Deer the rain was pretty much a "gully washer" with wind out of the west so my right leg and foot were wet (and cold!), and traffic very heavy. I couldn't escape Hwy 2 for another 40 miles or so, so I 'soldiered' on. At least my upper body was dry and MOSTLY warm as was my head (my gloves were SOAKED). Turned back onto Hwy 2A just south of Bowden, and the rain began diminishing , till pretty much stopped by Olds, and I arrived home 20 minutes later.

Still and all - a good ride, though a bit wet for a 'sunny with cloudy periods' day...!

Ed
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 07-05-2010, 01:47 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Sounds like you had fun, thanks for sharing the ride!

My Album:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode