• 2 Post By kawdog
  • 2 Post By weljo2001
  • 1 Post By weljo2001
  • 1 Post By kawdog

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-06-2015, 06:59 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Sunny Day in LA!

All the bikes were out today, and motorcycle cops were just cruising and waving to other bikes.

Just showing off my new HD handlebar endweights - the finishing touch to my control package (all I have left is to install my Givi Air Flow scoop on top of my windshield after I clean both good.)

weljo2001 and Motojunkee like this.

Last edited by kawdog; 10-06-2015 at 07:33 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-13-2016, 02:54 PM Thread Starter

I saw thousands of bikes this morning in LA (first weekend after it hits over 80F!) I drove by Motor Helmets and there was 35 bikes waiting for them to open: they are the Tire Kingdom of motorcycles around here. There is nothing going on there except tires on Saturdays: especially now, 6 to 8 techs busting tires as fast as they can.

I'm glad to see them all out today and hope they all drive safe. That reminds me I need to take the AMA Basic MC driver training to lower my insurance. At interstate junctions on the expressway, it looked close to 1,000 bikes at CA-91 and I-605 in ONE VIEW and they were streaming in-line in all directions.

I bet they are out in force at Atlanta, GA as well! Get on your motorcycles and ride.

Last edited by kawdog; 02-13-2016 at 03:16 PM.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-13-2016, 03:37 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage
Yea all the weekend warriors out. One of the reasons i ride during the week and stay home on the weekends...
Smiley and kawdog like this.

2009 Blue Versys.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sold
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-13-2016, 04:29 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by weljo2001 View Post
Yea all the weekend warriors out. One of the reasons i ride during the week and stay home on the weekends...
Yes, when I cut through them, I tried to stay 2 lanes away from them. Quite a few looked a little unstable, and I did not want to be in a motorcycle pile-up on the news.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-13-2016, 05:57 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by kawdog View Post
Yes, when I cut through them, I tried to stay 2 lanes away from them. Quite a few looked a little unstable, and I did not want to be in a motorcycle pile-up on the news.

Yep when i brought my bike out to Cali. i rode with a few groups to get to know the area. But all kinds use to show up and quite a few of them were a danger to themselves and anyone around them....https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GOvq-0qqtrA .. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ffwv4YNRaLw .. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pEdsAWGPWvQ

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-13-2016, 06:19 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Yep when i brought my bike out to Cali. i rode with a few groups to get to know the area. But all kinds use to show up and quite a few of them were a danger to themselves and anyone around them....https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GOvq-0qqtrA .. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ffwv4YNRaLw .. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pEdsAWGPWvQ
Them wings are big bikes. Pretty hard for many to keep them up if they start going over.
You had quite the diverse MC there. Except for those ridiculous handlebars, I kinda liked the Harley.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-13-2016, 06:48 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by saddlebag View Post
Them wings are big bikes. Pretty hard for many to keep them up if they start going over.
You had quite the diverse MC there. Except for those ridiculous handlebars, I kinda liked the Harley.

The Harley belongs to my buddy Paul. He traded that bike in on a new 2015 Road King last year.

Untitled by weljo2001, on Flickr

Untitled by weljo2001, on Flickr
saddlebag likes this.

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-13-2016, 08:02 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Joe,

Multiply your 3rd video to 1,000 riders and that was what it was like today around noon. I ducked my head and safely lane split 10 miles on CA91 and then got all the way over when I saw an opening to get in line for I-605 just waiting basically. All of a sudden hundreds of bikes came out of everywhere in all lanes. I felt pretty comfortable 4 lanes away from them in the far right lane. When I got off the express way, some looked like they got lost from the pack and were riding around in circles with their neck stretched up and looking all around them. I was hoping you would go film the action, lol. $100/month on youtube guaranteed.

There's no place like home!
weljo2001 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode