Ride to Montreal QC for F1 Race - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Member Rides Show off your Versys...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-16-2010, 09:24 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Ride to Montreal QC for F1 Race

Just thought I'd share my trip last weekend. My brother and I went from Philadelphia area to Montreal for the Formula 1 race. Headed up 287 to 87N. 87 is a great road for a major highway. It is relatively twisty and very scenic.

We started out and it was a little overcast but didn't look like rain initially.
btw I'm riding a 2008 Versys with Corbin Seat, Shad SH-40, FirstGear Silverstone sidebags, Crampbuster, Atomic 4.0 Jacket and Shoei RF-1000. My brother has a Road King Classic

there are definitely some characters on the road...

The rain came about 2 hours in out of nowhere. We got pretty soaked before we even got to put the rain gear on...

It rained on and off (stopped raining just long enough to get dry and then get rained on again)

Customs getting into Canada wasn't bad, we only sat there for about a half hour. Montreal is a great city, if you want to see rich bastards with lots of money go to the Old Montreal part. We did and saw this...

a few shots from the race

The complicated steering wheel of Hamilton's McClaren

Bonus Points if you can name the two F1 legends in this picture...

Customs to get back into the US took about an hour and a half... Sucks cause if I were an illegal I probably could have found a way to get across real easy.

Stopped at Woodstock on the way back for S&Gs

Total Mileage was 950... not bad
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-17-2010, 01:17 AM

I had some friends there too. I wanted to go but couldn't get off. I hear it's a blast. I'll be there next year
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-17-2010, 01:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KsMason71 View Post
Bonus Points if you can name the two F1 legends in this picture...
I'd guess at David Coulthard, Eddie Jordan and Martin Brundle

looks a great trip, sahme about the weather, but there's stuff all us mortals can do about that.

persoanlly F1 doens't do it for me, I enjoy far more the like to touring cars (ETC, WTCC [in years gone by] & BTCC) where there's things happening and more uncertainty about the finish, about the winners, theres less reliance on the engineers and back of house team. but each to their own

Last edited by healdem; 06-17-2010 at 02:35 AM. Reason: changed the order of 'F1 legends' to reflect order in picture

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-17-2010, 01:41 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Looks like you are a MS fan and one of the F1 legend in the picture i Think is E Jordan but then he is well know for loud mouth- Sorry.

Missed the OLD F1, now its all about commercial

Hope you had a good time and thanks for sharing.

post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-17-2010, 08:34 AM

Nice little ride report. I've driven I87 many times but only a few on the V. Every time I took the V it rained and made the ride miserable. Once in my truck I got a speeding ticket from the NY Staties at the Balliston Spa exit. I guess that's what I get for driving a yellow truck with out of state plates. These troopers were crafty. They had one car sitting on the overpass using the radar gun and on the other side, out of view, there were about 4 cars. The one on the bridge would radio down to the other troopers which cars to pull over. It was like shooting fish in a barrel.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"The things you own end up owning you." - Tyler Durden

post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-17-2010, 11:49 AM

Looks like a great trip. I wanted to go this year, but was racing myself. I'm going to try for Canada next year, and Austin in 2012.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode