• 1 Post By shibesv81
  • 2 Post By kawdog

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-26-2015, 05:18 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage
Its Lunch Time Get The Hell Out Of The Way

2009 Blue Versys.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sold
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-26-2015, 07:31 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Garage
Is there a point being made here? No offense....just wondering why go through the trouble of posting this?
JoeBlowWell likes this.
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-26-2015, 07:56 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by binderline View Post
Is there a point being made here? No offense....just wondering why go through the trouble of posting this?

The joy of lane splitting and this bike cruises well above the top speed of your V......

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-26-2015, 10:46 PM

Do you ever make a video without the bad language? So far all that I have watched you'd have to say no. You have interesting videos that the grandkids would like to watch but I can't let them because of your language. I hope you don't talk like that around your kids should you have any.Videos fine language stinks!

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
JoeBlowWell and silviefox like this.

Last edited by E327; 08-26-2015 at 11:26 PM.
post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-27-2015, 01:33 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by E327 View Post
Do you ever make a video without the bad language? So far all that I have watched you'd have to say no. You have interesting videos that the grandkids would like to watch but I can't let them because of your language. I hope you don't talk like that around your kids should you have any.Videos fine – language stinks!

Never wanted any f.u.c.k.i.n.g kids...And I'm not the Disney Channel..

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

Last edited by weljo2001; 08-27-2015 at 01:35 AM.
post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-27-2015, 01:49 AM

Quote:
Don't get in the way of a man on his FJR and a Schlotzsky's?
See welljo2001 you are enjoying the big FJR and all the power.
I might have to make a trip up to Placerville and check out the only Schlotzsky's in NorCal now after seeing this.
(My sis in law lives there and rides an 82 Virago 900, really!).
Anyway take this as a challenge to fellow Versys riders, post up your freeway vids, show off your lane splitting skills.
I'm not so good at that so I only do it when I has to. Here is a freeway vid I shot locally. Safe travels my friends.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=spN6AaRXRyQ
post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-27-2015, 01:57 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by shibesv81 View Post
Don't get in the way of a man on his FJR and a Schlotzsky's?
See welljo2001 you are enjoying the big FJR and all the power.
I might have to make a trip up to Placerville and check out the only Schlotzsky's in NorCal now after seeing this.
(My sis in law lives there and rides an 82 Virago 900, really!).
Anyway take this as a challenge to fellow Versys riders, post up your freeway vids, show off your lane splitting skills.
I'm not so good at that so I only do it when I has to. Here is a freeway vid I shot locally. Safe travels my friends.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=spN6AaRXRyQ

Use to eat at Schlotzskys all the time in Texas. Theres only 3 of them around here and the closest one is 20 miles away. I go once a week to get my fix.

The FJR is just a tad wider than the Versys so lane splitting isn't much different except for the extra couple hundred pounds but I'm a big guy so i can toss it around easily. Yep the extra power is nice.

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-27-2015, 05:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by weljo2001 View Post
Never wanted any f.u.c.k.i.n.g kids...And I'm not the Disney Channel..

Point taken. I guess I'll keep muting your videos when the grandkids watch. Be careful out there and keep the videos coming.

post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-27-2015, 05:51 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by shibesv81 View Post
Can't lane split legally in most places and interstates are an awful way to spend time on a bike. I avoid them whenever possible.

Much rather see interesting places or twisty action...unless you can amuse us with scaring the bejesus out of the general public like weljo.
post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-27-2015, 08:17 AM

Garage
In a hurry lane splitting on the slab yelling obscenities to cagers so you can get to your favorite grind stop quicker....no thanks. Personally, I'd rather pack my lunch and head for the twisties for a couple hours far from that carmegeddon known as SoCal. To each their own though.
onewizard and AdventureSeeker like this.

Binderline

Last edited by binderline; 08-28-2015 at 07:34 PM.
post #11 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-27-2015, 10:00 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
In a hurry lane splitting on the slab yelling obscenities to cagers so you can get to your favorite grind stop quicker....no thanks. Personally, I'd rather pack my lunch and head for the twisties for a couple hours far from that carmegegon known as SoCal. To each their own though.
Really yelling at who????? My helmet visor is closed and the mic is close to my mouth so the only one on the road that hears me is me.
kawdog likes this.

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #12 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-27-2015, 11:11 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Point taken. I guess I'll keep muting your videos when the grandkids watch. Be careful out there and keep the videos coming.

Hey i was just messing with you. I don't use that kind of language in my dad to day life. My best friend also pointed it out about my videos. For some strange reason when the helmet goes on the f.u.c.k.s. come out. Make for a good topic to bring up to some other guys i know..
onewizard likes this.

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #13 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-28-2015, 12:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by weljo2001 View Post

More observations about your video:
1. Traffic like that is one reason I left Atlanta
2. Even if lane splitting was legal here, I don't trust the cagers enough
3. Now you can be ticketed here even if you're doing the speed limit if you are holding up traffic in the left lane
4. There were a lot of slow drivers in the left lane - very frustrating
5. Fasteddie's traffic and views are much better than LA traffic - IMHO - ride safe!

Last edited by E327; 08-28-2015 at 05:11 AM.
post #14 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-28-2015, 05:34 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Quote:
5. Fasteddie's traffic and views are much better than LA traffic - IMHO - ride safe!
Thanks - so far I've been pretty good at avoiding LA traffic....

Ed

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

post #15 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-28-2015, 06:13 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to silviefox
i dont see a reason for lane splitting at those speeds thats how you get to be a doner

yes im a guy.
Silvie=latin for. Of the forest /woods. Fox= Vulpine (also my middle name)

"closed mindedness causes bliss in simple minded people"
post #16 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-13-2015, 12:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saddlebag View Post
Can't lane split legally in most places and interstates are an awful way to spend time on a bike. I avoid them whenever possible.

Much rather see interesting places or twisty action...unless you can amuse us with scaring the bejesus out of the general public like weljo.
No doubt, went looking for some vids and while there are a few like the European fellow doing 220Km/h on a Versys 650, and a guy in Istanbul with a new 2015 Versys doing some lane splitting, there really aren't that many. Commuters aside. So we'll just have to keep tuned to weljo's channel and be amused at his cursing at SoCal cagers as he rides between, around or over them.
weljo2001 likes this.

Ride smart, ride safe. Let the horizon get sideways!
post #17 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-13-2015, 01:40 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Garage
I don't trust other drivers to be lane splitting, I can wait. If I am late, I guess I should have left earlier.

post #18 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-13-2015, 05:52 PM

I don't go that fast, but I can get anywhere 10 miles on the expressways in about 10 minutes give or take. I don't have the choice of living and commuting where I want, and I love splitting lanes! It took me about 6 months to do it and I was never real happy with the 93 Honda 750 Nighthawk doing it (being a mini-brick and all.) But the Vs. 650 is totally different. I still: take great care, blast my dual horns if any questions, and geet by as quick as possible. MOST drivers here are very good because LA has lots of lawyers that help motorcyclists.

And as far as saying obscenities, your life must not mean anything if don't even cuss when someone carelessly almost runs over you multitasking: grand kids or not. AND the REASON for the CA lane splitting law is bikers get run over frequently from BEHIND by multitaskers: IT'S A FACT! So if you are just jealous because you can't do it, don't understand why it not only saves motorcyclist's lives (as well as reduces traffic bottlenecks), or your life is not worth a few cuss words to vent anger from almost needlessly getting run over - GET A LIFE! Quit BITCHING anyway.

Believe me, you are much safer blowing by cars than waiting boxed in between cars for a dizzy teen to snuff you out from the side with no place to run. I'm already a motorcycle stamped on on the side of one 19 year old girl's car and ruined knee meniscus for life (like air planes shot down stamped on the Bloody Red Baron's plane.)
weljo2001 and shibesv81 like this.
post #19 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-13-2015, 09:27 PM

First off, I say the thread title almost everyday. And nice to see your still rocking the cup holder. Too much road rage in NJ to ride like that.
post #20 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-14-2015, 12:29 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stud Muffin View Post
First off, I say the thread title almost everyday. And nice to see your still rocking the cup holder. Too much road rage in NJ to ride like that.
Oh Yea the cup holder stays...

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode