I earned my Versys today ! - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Member Rides Show off your Versys...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-03-2015, 05:16 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
I earned my Versys today !

After a week of turning over rocks, finding out which dealers were participating in the big daddy rebate, and hiding under the couch watching my wife fly around the house on her broom after being informed that I was buying a bike, I can officially say that I am the owner of a brand spankin' new 2014 Versys 650 in Mighty Kawasaki Candy Green!

I left the house in good spirits at 6AM to head over to Johnson City (Hi Adurbin!) to pick up a trailer. Upon arrival I was told (yep I had a reservation) that the trailer I needed was in Knoxville 1.5 hours away. Not necessarily a bad thing as it was 25 miles from the dealer.

I picked up the trailer and the weather continued to hold in spite of the 90% chance of rain. Got to the dealer. Handed them an envelope with the entire balance of my new bike down payment cookie jar money. Signed some papers with an interest rate that was so amazing that I kept waiting to somehow get taken advantage of but it never happened. Most amazing shopping experience that I have ever had. Thank you Mountain Motorsports !

Got the bike loaded up in the ramp trailer and started heading home. All stressed out over the crazies passing me at 85 ON THE RIGHT ! Had a guy miss clipping the front end of my truck by less than a foot. I thought for sure that I was going to have to put the F150, trailer, and Versys in to a four wheel high speed drift on I-81.

Then the rain came only it really wasn't rain. It was more like let's recommission the truck as a submarine ! It was so bad that Noah would have gone down. Visibility to the end of the hood and my poor Versys had road lake waves breaking over it. It doesn't have a single mile on it. Nary a 1 ! No bike deserves to get wet without being ridden.

Breathed in to a paper bag to try and stop hyperventilating. After white-knuckling the entire trip, I finally made it to my buddy's garage. Spent a good hour wiping down the bike because god forbid if it has a water spot. As promised in my Introduction posts. I sat on it and made motorcycle noises.

My friend's wife gave me the evil eye as my buddy leered at my Versus. He rode bikes for years. I sure hope that I don't get asked to foot the bill for their therapy sessions. He went over the bike with a fine tooth comb and said that the engineers did an absolutely amazing job, for the price point break.

And top off the day, waved to Adurbin again when I took the trailer back.

I only took 2 quick pics at the dealer. Had to come home and take a nap !Color looks weird in pics.

What a day !

Last edited by Zoomie; 07-04-2015 at 12:47 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-03-2015, 08:59 PM

Very nice. Today I got the 2015 Versys 1000, picking it up on a trailer tomorrow. I got the black model. Have fun, ride safe.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-03-2015, 10:08 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Hiding under the couch, huh? I'm familiar with that trick.

Very nice bike - enjoy and ride safely.

Arion

"Plan? Plan! There ain't no plan."
Pig Killer, Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-04-2015, 12:24 AM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to silviefox
hahaha glad you made it ok, enjoy the new ride

yes im a guy.
Silvie=latin for. Of the forest /woods. Fox= Vulpine (also my middle name)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"closed mindedness causes bliss in simple minded people"
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-04-2015, 12:49 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelitoinVA View Post
Very nice. Today I got the 2015 Versys 1000, picking it up on a trailer tomorrow. I got the black model. Have fun, ride safe.
Sweet! I sat on one in the dealer. It made my heart go pitter patter but was near double in price compared to what I paid for the 2014.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-04-2015, 12:51 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arion View Post
Hiding under the couch, huh? I'm familiar with that trick.

Very nice bike - enjoy and ride safely.
To be clear , I have an amazing wife. She was really just worried. She's a little gun shy after watching me spend 18 months in wheelchair after casing a triple, motocross racing.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-04-2015, 12:24 PM

The color looks more like olive green, but I like it. It looks great and it's unique. If it isn't olive green, consider it later because it really does look nice
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-05-2015, 02:40 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kawdog View Post
The color looks more like olive green, but I like it. It looks great and it's unique. If it isn't olive green, consider it later because it really does look nice
I thought the same thing but it is in fact Kawasaki Candy Lime. Storm was in and bouncing light off the interior of the overhead, causing this funky color shift.

2014 Versys 650 in glorious Kawasaki Green
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode