2013 Versys 650 Streetfighter Build/Project - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Member Rides Show off your Versys...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-26-2015, 07:46 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Arrow 2013 Versys 650 Streetfighter Build/Project

Hey guys, im new on here. Yesterday i had a pleasure of crashing my lovely versys so it's time to get my elbows dirty and get it back on the road.

I have a budget of around 2000 to fix this bike so lets make something interesting out of it, im thinking performance over looks at current moment

So far i been looking around on ebay and found plenty of goodies, my list so far:
Power Comander PC5
RG Tail Tidy
RG Fork Bobbins
RG Swing Arm Bobbins
SW Crash Bars
Renthal Low Bars (need to drill the stock yoke to fit universal mounts)
Renthal Bar Ends (maybe clip on race bars if headlight allows)
Short CNC Leavers
HyperPro Fork Spring kit (any opinions about the 30mm lowering kit?)
Streetfighter headlight which i need help with, i found a nice LED E-Marked headlight but not sure if it will fit
and still plenty more to come, since nearly whole bike is getting stripped i might as well do some custom mods too if you guys recommend any

EDIT
Found lovely and cheap coolant expansion bottle
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/0-5-1-2-LI...item2ee2f543a8

Now i need to find diameter of fork tubes bellow top yoke and above bottom yoke for the headlight mounts, so far I found two sizes 41mm and 51mm and not sure which is right, also are top and bottom same size? Also need to measure the gap between fork tubes, if anyone could help me with measures i will be really glad, if not i will measure my self tomorrow, here's the headlights i found but again, not sure if will fit.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Streetfigh...item5d57475394
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Streetfigh...item5d57474eb8

Last edited by BartekGo; 06-26-2015 at 08:22 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-26-2015, 10:58 AM

Doesn't UK have a world renown used parts store (s), where outsiders pay huge taxes to buy from? If so, take advantage of it. You had the best year and color, so I'd see how much 1/2 price oem parts you could buy first.

There's a growing segment of street fighters here and used parts too, but UK has the best source of used part vendors in the world. I'd take advantage of it, and get crash bars before you ride it next.

I'm glad you are up and about one day after your accident!
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-26-2015, 11:35 AM Thread Starter

It's true, UK has a huge market for spare parts but mostly mechinical.
Alot of bikes after being crashed or stolen get sold for parts but usually plastics are broken or srcatched, very rarely you will find set of panels without damage.

Plus even using used OEM parts from ebay front light housing, headlight, cowling, frame, screen add up to around 600 and that would be a mix and match of different colors

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-26-2015, 12:28 PM

yikes that looks bad. glad you are ok, but it'll be cool to see what becomes of the V. I am really liking what I am seeing with the naked streetfighter V's that people have been doing. So good luck and post your progress.

- Ian Thomas
2013 Versys
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-26-2015, 01:03 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by IanThomas View Post
I am really liking what I am seeing with the naked streetfighter V's that people have been doing.
I agree. Shame it takes destruction to get the creative juices flowing, but some of the outcomes are fantastic.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-26-2015, 08:45 PM

Darn, I'd take every piece of white if you weren't across an ocean!

'82 XV920: Soon to be tracker--
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

--'00 KLR685:adv
--'12 Super Tnr
--'13 Versys (wifes other bike!)
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-21-2015, 12:43 PM Thread Starter

Sorry for the delay guys, littpe update of what happened so far.
Bought brand new Power Commander 5 which turned out to be faulty so waiting for replacement right now.
All of RG bobbins have been fitted, SW crash bars as well which had a terrible installation guide.
Spark plugs and air fiter have been changed for new, taken out the airfilter buffels and sub throttle plates (hence why i bough the power commander) Tail Tidy looks amazing, just need to get indicators to go with the rest.

Had to drill the yoke to fit new universal handlebar clamp however I'm really unsatisfied with how it turned out so I decided with two solutions in near future, solution 1 CNC machine new top yoke to fit universal clamps or soultion 2 to fit high rise racing clip on bars.

Headlight wise i had a little bit of luck with MX headlight plates, going to a garage to adapt the wiring loom but still have alot of isues with speedometer and to where to mount it, as of it's massive size i might need to buy a koso speedometer which are tiny and could mount inbetween renthal handlebars mounts.

Next wensday I'm going to a local racing legend to try and fit a custom rear shock (if the measurments work with us)
if that goes well, I will proceed with front progressive springs.

Fuel tank might be replaced with ER6 fuel tank to allow better handlebar movment with lower mounted handlebars and nicer curves
but mainly lack of ugly pannel mount, also on to do list is the coolant resevoir which i got couple ideas for and my zx6r front calliper swap.

Anyways, will post tomorrow or day after with couple of pictures to as what the bike looks like at the moment.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode