Quick ride to the App Gap - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Member Rides Show off your Versys...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-18-2010, 01:16 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quick ride to the App Gap

I went for a quick ride this morning. When I started out it was a little cool out but by the time I got to the top of the Mountain this is what I found.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"The things you own end up owning you." - Tyler Durden

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-18-2010, 01:34 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to kiwi 41
what altitude are you where you took the photos, thought you would be heading into warmer weather in northern hemisphere, about due for mountains to start getting snow where i am
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-18-2010, 06:03 PM

Ugh... I hate snow. If I never see it again it'll be too soon.

Jsquared

Rider of all things 2 wheeled

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-18-2010, 06:54 PM

I saw you have a Givi 405 windscreen with hangards. Are they touching each others when your handlebar is fully turned? If not, did you do any special?

I'm asking because i got the issue and had to remove the handguards.

Thx a bunch

Last edited by burnedstar; 04-18-2010 at 06:56 PM.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-18-2010, 06:57 PM Thread Starter

According to Wikipedia the highest point on the Appalachian Gap is 2,375 ft (724 m). I live only a few miles away and any time I want to get out for a quick ride this is where I go. I don't mind the snow I just wasn't expecting to see it when I went over the gap. Here is some video that I took on the V, of the gap, last year.

Last edited by brothercannon; 04-18-2010 at 07:06 PM.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-18-2010, 07:12 PM Thread Starter

The Barkbusters and Givi windscreen used to touch at full lock. I got the Rox anti-vibe risers and now they don't touch. There is a thread all about it here.

post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-19-2010, 11:03 AM

Cool! Just down the road from me ( well, a little ways ). My brother runs the gap all the time ( from the Huntington side to Waitsfield ) on his Buell. Nice road, not quite ready to run it on the Versys yet but hit it all the time in the Miata.

Toys : 2009 Versys ( Blue ), 2006 Mazda MX-5 Miata
Needs : 2016 Mazda CX-5 ( RIP Mazda5 ), 2007 Honda Civic
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-19-2010, 12:43 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by outdoorvtguy View Post
Cool! Just down the road from me ( well, a little ways ). My brother runs the gap all the time ( from the Huntington side to Waitsfield ) on his Buell. Nice road, not quite ready to run it on the Versys yet but hit it all the time in the Miata.

I'm on the Waitsfield side. I've gone over the gap about 5 times so far this year. If you ever want to meet up for a ride let me know.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode