Scared Bitch Pulls Knife - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Member Rides Show off your Versys...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 79 (permalink) Old 03-30-2015, 02:24 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage
Scared Bitch Pulls Knife

Guys opens his door as I'm about to pass. So i stopped to let him know he needs to check his mirrors before doing it. He can't hear me because he has his headset on both ears. Then when i repeat it to him he has stupid excuses and seems like its no big deal so i make sure to get my point across.Also when some one says whatever to you its the same as saying **** You as far as I'm concerned. At the next light as he passes me he holds a knife out the window.I let him know how i feel about that . He take off wanting to get a way so i follow for a while to make him nervous. It works because at another light he is making lots of movement and on his phone. Before anyone says he might have had a gun. Who cares i've had guys pull knives and guns on me before and it didn't work out to well for them.

Watch it in a bigger screen.

2009 Blue Versys.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sold
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett

Last edited by weljo2001; 03-30-2015 at 02:43 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 79 (permalink) Old 03-30-2015, 03:42 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Here is how I saw it:
He might have been a punk but he did say: "ah my bad bru", then you got old-man-preachy on him and when he said "whatever", you THREATENED him! Where I live that wouldn't have necessarily ended so well for you. To me, you came off as self entitled, pompous ass, bully on a motorcycle.

I'm not saying that you are those things, and I'll give you the final say but, look again at the video. The fact that he brandishes a knife a few moments later does not change what you did or make it right.

I'm no diplomat
post #3 of 79 (permalink) Old 03-30-2015, 04:57 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by aka Yamadog View Post
Here is how I saw it:
He might have been a punk but he did say: "ah my bad bru", then you got old-man-preachy on him and when he said "whatever", you THREATENED him! Where I live that wouldn't have necessarily ended so well for you. To me, you came off as self entitled, pompous ass, bully on a motorcycle.

I'm not saying that you are those things, and I'll give you the final say but, look again at the video. The fact that he brandishes a knife a few moments later does not change what you did or make it right.

To me "ah my bad bro" is a total bull**** term. He had both headsets on , Thats a big no no. I got old-man preachy because he was blowing it off. Saying "Whatever " to some one is the same as saying F*** You. It wasn't a threat it was promise. Where you live doesn't mean ****. I've owned bars in South Carolina that were full of red-neck tough guys doesn't mean squat.

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #4 of 79 (permalink) Old 03-30-2015, 07:01 PM

Joe, I don't think you'll be very happy with my assessment of that interaction so don't read it if you can't take some criticism.

I think you blamed him for something that wasn't his fault. You weren't on the dotted line long enough to say he wasn't watching his mirror before opening. When he reached for his door you were behind him, it's not like you were there coming up beside him for more then a second (literally). You hit the center line at the 20 second mark and his door opened before the 21 second mark, he closed it before 22 seconds, what the **** do you want from other people.
You escalated it. He said "my bad bro" and you couldn't let it go. Then chasing someone down just to flip them off, I think you're about my age, maybe a little younger (mid 40s?), that's way to old for you to be acting so childish over what should've been a non-issue. You say you've had guns and knives pulled on you numerous times, I'm not surprised. That shouldn't be a source of pride for you, maybe that's an indicator that YOU are the problem.
My opinion, you really need to relax and get over yourself. Your actions make me not even care that he displayed a weapon.

Last edited by ray h; 03-30-2015 at 07:14 PM.
post #5 of 79 (permalink) Old 03-30-2015, 07:31 PM

Well it is abnormal to say the least that Joe is not a perfect gentleman; but I could see being upset when someone threatens injury to myself by not paying attention to driving.

I don't know where you guys come from, but he did blow Joe off in no uncertain terms. Then he reinforced his gang-punk attitude (w/o 30 of his gang around) by pulling and flashing a knife. For the situation, I think Joe 'was' a gentleman and there would not be a policeman who would say different: a 'f$&k off' and a knife pull compared to something the other driver could not hear clearly (as he sped away) is a non-issue.

Negligent driving is bad enough, but most people are just dizzy. But I can see being upset by a punk blowing you off when you are mad, and then assaulting you with a knife. Personally, I'd be afraid the punk was also carrying a gun though, so I would have just hung a bird and drove off. Joe did not carry it any further either, so there was no drama; and therefore, there is no reason to insert drama where there is none to begin with.

LA streets are terrible. Risk your lives here and then you can say what you want. I give him two thumbs up, for something I would not do myself. ymmv
post #6 of 79 (permalink) Old 03-30-2015, 08:06 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by kawdog View Post
Well it is abnormal to say the least that Joe is not a perfect gentleman; but I could see being upset when someone threatens injury to myself by not paying attention to driving.

I don't know where you guys come from, but he did blow Joe off in no uncertain terms. Then he reinforced his gang-punk attitude (w/o 30 of his gang around) by pulling and flashing a knife. For the situation, I think Joe 'was' a gentleman and there would not be a policeman who would say different: a 'f$&k off' and a knife pull compared to something the other driver could not hear clearly (as he sped away) is a non-issue.

Negligent driving is bad enough, but most people are just dizzy. But I can see being upset by a punk blowing you off when you are mad, and then assaulting you with a knife. Personally, I'd be afraid the punk was also carrying a gun though, so I would have just hung a bird and drove off. Joe did not carry it any further either, so there was no drama; and therefore, there is no reason to insert drama where there is none to begin with.

LA streets are terrible. Risk your lives here and then you can say what you want. I give him two thumbs up, for something I would not do myself. ymmv

Most of these guys have no idea how bad the cagers drive out here. Not paying attention because their on the phone or many other reasons. Everyday all day there are times when you almost get hit.Most of the times i let it slide sometimes i don't.

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #7 of 79 (permalink) Old 03-30-2015, 08:52 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ray h View Post
Joe, I don't think you'll be very happy with my assessment of that interaction so don't read it if you can't take some criticism.

You say you've had guns and knives pulled on you numerous times, I'm not surprised. That shouldn't be a source of pride for you, maybe that's an indicator that YOU are the problem.
My opinion, you really need to relax and get over yourself. Your actions make me not even care that he displayed a weapon.

When you buy a couple of bars that are known as what they call "Bloody Buckets" because of the stabbing and fights there. Then put an end to that **** you are going to have knives,guns and other objects pulled on you so you better be ready. Sorry I'm not the sensitive P.U.S.S.Y type and you bet your ass i'm proud of that.

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #8 of 79 (permalink) Old 03-30-2015, 09:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by weljo2001 View Post
Sorry I'm not the sensitive P.U.S.S.Y type and you bet your ass i'm proud of that.
Who are you trying to convince?
post #9 of 79 (permalink) Old 03-30-2015, 10:03 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ray h View Post
Who are you trying to convince?

You seem to have me confused with someone who cares...

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #10 of 79 (permalink) Old 03-30-2015, 11:26 PM

Garage
Born and raised in LA and yes...rode throughout that rat trap for years. Grateful I don't live there any longer. Look, idiots in the cages are a dime a dozen throughout the Southland. Just as many in the Bay Area now as well. You just expect it when you ride the megatropolis.

I'm not surprised the punk was wearing his Beats, texting, and maybe even eating a plate of nachos supreme at the same time. Nowadays no one should be surprised by this crap. Yes, the kid opened his door, probably to spit out saliva from the splif he was smoking. But he clearly admitted fault. Yeah, I know he said "my bad". But that's all you're gonna get from from this ilk. What did you want him to do, get out and polish your bike and wish you safe travels? The way I see it, you should have moved on after he said "my bad". Case closed.

Oh and one other thing. This would have been a perfect opportunity to blast the kid with a shot or two from the duel PIAA Freeway blaster horns I have installed on my V! Highly recommended!

Binderline
post #11 of 79 (permalink) Old 03-31-2015, 12:57 AM

Whatever = suck my D, F U, or Kiss My Pucker Place. My bad, bro = I'm sorry I was a dumbass. Pulling a knife = say hello to my little friend. Would have been epic if punk pulled over and stepped out?
post #12 of 79 (permalink) Old 03-31-2015, 06:18 AM

I said I would give you the final say and I will. You were there and I wasn't...some things dont transcribe to video, they really dont. Yeah the punk kid was a disrespectful punk kid.

That said:
There are a lot of disrespectful, cluless drivers on the streets. If we charge ourselves with correcting them all we are going to miserable, frustrated and bitter. I have LOWERED my expectations and actually expect bull**** like that and worse. I anticipate it, plan for it and I'm on full alert while riding when other humans are present. Sometimes I get pleasantly surprised when I encounter a driver who gets it. If I could be a traffic cop or a judge for a day, I would sentence drivers to ride a motorcycle for a month.

I'm no diplomat
post #13 of 79 (permalink) Old 03-31-2015, 06:29 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to kiwi 41
Im used of bad behaviour from tourists over here so have got desensitized to bad driving, open doors are not my biggest concerns but coming around a bend on my bike and some tourist van decides to drive on the right side of the road will upset your day.

Was not there Joe so not sure what its like but if i ride with you make sure im behind you so you can sort out all the issues for me and also keep me on the right side of the road.
post #14 of 79 (permalink) Old 03-31-2015, 07:43 AM

I have a question, while in traffic like that why would open your door? That being said I can't say whether I would have handled it any better because the kid just looked like a punk. After the initial verbal exchange he was clearly scared and by pulling the knife was most likely hoping that would scare you. Truth is no matter what you said it would never change anything, but when dumbasses do stuff like that it makes my blood boil. Sometimes in a situation you don't have the clarity that you do after you have "cooled down". Shlt happens is what I count it as. I see idiots daily. Not just when i'm on my bike, but daily. You have to pay attention cause god knows they don't. be safe out there everyone.

- Ian Thomas
2013 Versys
post #15 of 79 (permalink) Old 03-31-2015, 08:32 AM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to silviefox
Quote:
Originally Posted by IanThomas View Post
I have a question, while in traffic like that why would open your door? .
looks like he was looking for something.......maybe the factory stereo his car "should" have came with......

yes im a guy.
Silvie=latin for. Of the forest /woods. Fox= Vulpine (also my middle name)

"closed mindedness causes bliss in simple minded people"
post #16 of 79 (permalink) Old 03-31-2015, 09:35 AM

Sorry weljo2001, but you caused this entire situation... The kid barely opened his door for a split second and it wasn't even close to you. Then you pull up, "**** this, ****ing that", the kid smiles and apologizes, but you sit there offering him some more "****s" and then threaten to punch him in his ****ing face? Haha! C'mon?

I ride in DC traffic everyday, if I stopped and had words with every person that almost hit me because they: ran stops signs, changed lanes, and actually opened their doors to exit the vehicle (!) without looking... it would take me hours to go 2 miles...

I'd be willing to bet that many many years ago you were 10x worst than this punk kid and would have told the motorcyclist to go **** himself.

I like the video though, very amusing, thanks!

Last edited by GiantAntCowboy; 03-31-2015 at 09:46 AM.
post #17 of 79 (permalink) Old 03-31-2015, 10:01 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Watched the vid & not far enough past the normal daily stupid to get me riled (anymore).
Wouldn't waste my time on the punk
just being me
post #18 of 79 (permalink) Old 03-31-2015, 10:02 AM

Seems like you are looking for a fight there.
post #19 of 79 (permalink) Old 03-31-2015, 10:31 AM

I'm not sure there was a lesson learned here. If the goal was to teach this guy not to be careless I don't think that is the message he left with. Probably turned this careless driver into a driver who now just doesn't like people on motorcycles.
post #20 of 79 (permalink) Old 03-31-2015, 10:32 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwi 41 View Post
Im used of bad behaviour from tourists over here ............ but coming around a bend on my bike and some tourist van decides to drive on the right side of the road will upset your day.
That would be ME, and I'm seriously considering a trip to NZ, and ten days of riding. You know that I'll be on a rented bike, so I'll send you my itinery to make sure that you don't have to run over me.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode