Sat 03-27-2010 - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Member Rides Show off your Versys...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-28-2010, 05:51 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Sat 03-27-2010

William Dailey
I got to Riders Hill at 9:45 ,running a little late because I decided to ride through Black Mtn. Rd. and it was worth it. Al and Stanley were waiting for me. We talked and looked at the bikes. They have so many great deals on new bikes!!! We start getting our gear and David asked me where we were off to and I said don't know. He was pleased with that answer and we had a good laugh. We pulled out of the drive and I looked both directions and then went north on 60. Why I do not know ,it just seemed the right thing to do. Then we went across Blood Mtn. and stopped at Sunrise for gas. Al asked me if I wanted to go to Warwoman and hit a USFS road and we left out. We took 180 ,Owl Creek Rd and 76 to Clayton. Stopped in Clayton to rest and watch the gals come and go. I really am happy that so many women are riding. We head out on Warwoman Rd. and stay on it until we get to Sarah's Creek Rd. ,it is on the left. It turns into USFS 155 and we stayed on it until we got 155a and took it over to Tukaluge Rd which brigs you back onto Warwoman. Had never been through there before ,thought it might be muddy but instead was rough with lot's of gravel. We were sort of wanting to go to Highlands but made a wrong turn. Very few people know that you can ride to Highlands on dirt roads. Stanley had picked up a nail in his rear tire. We stopped and put some air in it and headed back to Clayton for lunch. After lunch we plugged the tire and off we went. Tiger and then Bridge Creek rd. back to hwy 197 and onto Helen. My back had all it could take for the day. We rested for a while ,I took more drugs and headed to 129 to go home. Stanley split off at Helen a and Al at 19. I took 60 north back to the house. Was going to stop at TWO but there was no one there. It was after 5pm. It was a great way to end the month. Woke up this morning to rain and wind. A few more days to April.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-30-2010, 09:32 PM

Sounds like fun Mtnrider. I can't believe no pics! So how are the roads up there? Gravel? I know 348 is closed but other than that whats the deal? I'm thinking about taking a ride up on Saturday.

"When It Rains, Get Wet"
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-31-2010, 07:29 AM Thread Starter

The roads are in great condition. I do not know why RR is closed but people are riding on it anyway. They do give out tickets every now and then.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-31-2010, 11:52 PM

Thanks for the update. First time to the twisties this year...CAN'T WAIT!!!

"When It Rains, Get Wet"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode