Iowa V owners - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Member Rides Show off your Versys...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-25-2010, 04:07 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Iowa V owners

Just looking to see how many V owners might be here in the great State of Iowa?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-25-2010, 04:42 PM

Not from Iowa, but I'm close by in Omaha.
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-25-2010, 05:06 PM

only 2 others listed in registry, which doesn't mean anything. I have seen other posts, can't remember the names. Hope some from Iowa make it to the Mid Am meet next month!

My Album:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-25-2010, 05:26 PM Thread Starter

Yeah I have seen some riding around...so I know theres more out there! Element, I was stationed at Whiteman AFB, in Knob Noster MO, up until 2006. I have been down to Eureka Springs (not on a bike unfortunately) Its a great area, would love to make the trip, but it would be about 13 hours one way for me...and i don't think my jewels or my arse could take that
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-06-2010, 11:16 PM

Versys at Lake Okoboji

My wife rides a 2008 Versys and reads threads on this site frequently. She has ridden the bike 14,000+ miles since buying it in September '08. We're leaving mid-June for a six to eight week ride to Alaska. Great riding partner.

Too Tall
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-06-2010, 11:38 PM

Originally from Iowa - does that count? Graduated from Garnavillo High in 1987 and moved to California. Been here every since - hated the snow in Iowa!!!
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-07-2010, 08:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Too Tall View Post
My wife rides a 2008 Versys and reads threads on this site frequently. She has ridden the bike 14,000+ miles since buying it in September '08. We're leaving mid-June for a six to eight week ride to Alaska. Great riding partner.

Too Tall
You are a lucky man. Mine is 5 ft tall and not a biker. What is your wife's screen name? With 14k she has 4k on me, so surely she has posted? We'd all love to hear the woman's view of the Versys.

My Album:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-07-2010, 10:46 AM

I'm stationed in Pearl Harbor, HI, but I'm orginally from Clarence, IA. Ever here of it?.....didn't think so. Most people haven't. Just got my '09 last week and love every cubic inch of her. Family and I are moving back to Ames, IA so I can go to ISU. We'll be there at the end of the year and I can't wait to ride on a real county road or interstate with the V.
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-08-2010, 09:10 AM

Wife's Versys Thoughts

Asked the wife if she wanted to give her impression and thoughts on her Versys but she deferred to me just typing her thoughts. I pretty much know her opinions because I get to fix or adjust her Versys to keep her "happy".

Her requests: Seat slide her forward while riding so the front was raised about 1/2". Stock windshield was replaced with a taller Givi; now have a Mike's Grand Touring windshield on order for the big trip. Added heated grips plus handguards to keep the pinkies warm. Added Grip Puppies to eliminate the handlebar buzzing. Lowered the bike with Speedy's lowering kit; shortened side stand. Added Shad side luggage/JC Whitney tail trunk; worry about the durability of these. Changed rear sprocket to a 43 tooth-much better. SW MotoTech engine guards with footpegs.

To do's: Add 12 volt outlet. Mount Metzler Tourance rear with Avon Distanzia front. New chain/sprockets. Check wheel bearings.

She's a trooper and will do fine on the 12,000 mile Alaska and Pacific coast trip we've planned for this summer. Actually do little planning, just a general direction. Will camp 80% of the time.

Too Tall
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-08-2010, 01:10 PM

Dakotav899,

Are you the other red Versys in Dubuque? If so, I have seen you and a passenger ride past my house on South Grandview.

Mine is also red with a grey top box, I wear a green jacket and grey Arai XD helmet.

Maybe we should meet up? I have not met anyone else here that rides to places other than bars.

Paul
post #11 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-08-2010, 04:58 PM

I'm right here in Jesup! (just east of Waterloo)

Sarcasm is a privilege.......not a right.

08 Versys....1st bike and love it!
post #12 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-08-2010, 06:00 PM

Does close count? I’m in Moline, IL.
Bought my 09 late last fall from K Motorsports in Maquoketa, Ia. (Great dealership by the way).
Now with only 500 miles I have not yet worn off the new smell, it certainly is a fun bike to ride.
post #13 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-08-2010, 07:22 PM

You have motorcycles in Iowa? Thought you only had tractors and were still waiting on electricity and indoor plumbing...

Just keeping up the fine tradition of Minnesotan's razzing Iowan's...

Still tryin' to recapture the magic of being 10 years old on a Honda Mini Trail 50...
post #14 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-01-2010, 03:53 PM

Hey lucky duck i have a red 08 and live in cedar rapids want to ride some time give me a shout
post #15 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-01-2010, 03:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dakotav899 View Post
Just looking to see how many V owners might be here in the great State of Iowa?
Welli have a 08 red versys if you want to get together sometime let me know
post #16 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-01-2010, 04:41 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by redversysman View Post
Welli have a 08 red versys if you want to get together sometime let me know
We'll have to do that, my sister lives in CR...will give me an excuse to visit her

08 Versys
97 Suzuki DR350
Pro Grip tank protector
Wee Strom hand guards
Nelson Riggs Soft Bags
Xelement Black mini tank bag
Xelement Silver ignitor Tri-Tex Fabric and Mesh Jacket with armor
Xelement Advanced silver and black Fabric Pants with level 3 armor
12V Powerlet
Nuvi 550 GPS
Yoshimura TRC slip on (stainless)
post #17 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-01-2010, 10:36 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Too Tall View Post
Asked the wife if she wanted to give her impression and thoughts on her Versys but she deferred to me just typing her thoughts. I pretty much know her opinions because I get to fix or adjust her Versys to keep her "happy".

Her requests: Seat slide her forward while riding so the front was raised about 1/2". Stock windshield was replaced with a taller Givi; now have a Mike's Grand Touring windshield on order for the big trip. Added heated grips plus handguards to keep the pinkies warm. Added Grip Puppies to eliminate the handlebar buzzing. Lowered the bike with Speedy's lowering kit; shortened side stand. Added Shad side luggage/JC Whitney tail trunk; worry about the durability of these. Changed rear sprocket to a 43 tooth-much better. SW MotoTech engine guards with footpegs.

To do's: Add 12 volt outlet. Mount Metzler Tourance rear with Avon Distanzia front. New chain/sprockets. Check wheel bearings.

She's a trooper and will do fine on the 12,000 mile Alaska and Pacific coast trip we've planned for this summer. Actually do little planning, just a general direction. Will camp 80% of the time.

Too Tall
Too Tall & Trooper.

Wish you both all the best in your summer trip and keep us posted.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode