First test for the V - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Member Rides Show off your Versys...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-24-2010, 06:47 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
First test for the V

After work yesterday I went for a ride with my wife. She was lagging behind a bit so I slowed down to let her catch up. There were a few houses on my left on this quiet country road. In one of the driveways there was a guy messing around on a Yamaha racing quad. He spied me and I spied him. He tore out the drive and got on my wheel. I was making a left hand turn onto a nice straight section. I slowly went through the interesection and he followed. I motioned for him to come up along side and he did. We looked each other in the eye and nodded...

My V was sorta still in break-in so I've been taking it easy, but the moment called and time for easy was over. My first throw down and I gave her what she had. Holy crap did that feel goooood. The front wheel lofted through second and in short order I was at 70mph and I looked in the mirror and he was still back there but losing ground quickly. The next I looked the tach said 9K and the speedo said 111mph and he was dust in the wind. I had an ear to ear grin, my first shake down and I was impressed with how the little V handled it.

I can honestly say this bike has lots of potential to get me in trouble with the law.

Enjoy, Mike
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-24-2010, 12:34 PM

Those little quads are pretty quick, until they run out of gears. I can't even imagine 70 mph on a quad though, better keep a death grip on the bars!

My Album:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-24-2010, 07:54 PM

Congrats on your V, WindWalker. Let her rip...

He might get a V to stay up with you.
Who know, it might be a start of a beautiful friendship.

My V Blog:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Ride safe,

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode