almost 1000 miles on my new versys - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Member Rides Show off your Versys...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-10-2015, 03:39 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
almost 1000 miles on my new versys

I have done almost 1000 miles on the new Versys and I have one word to describe my thoughts to this point.

WOW!

It is such a great machine. It rides like a dream. Will haul ass when needed, handles great and does the two up thing with ease.

Jamie and I have taken it out twice and logged a couple of 200+ mile days and it is awesome. I really like the light weight, good suspension and terrific motor. She seems to be very happy and has plenty of room in the pillion seat.

We are looking forward to getting the top case and having just a little more space for things. Jamie used the side bags to store her helmet all weekend and it worked out well. I wear an XL and it is a tight fit. I have a new lid so I don't want to scratch it so have not been using my side bag for storage.

I am getting some electrical things installed this Friday. I will be adding my GPS (Zumo 660) and our heated gear to a fuse block. I am headed down to the Texas Hill country on a 3 day trip the last weekend of the month, so I want to have everything wired.

Went to a Tech day for our local BMW club here on Saturday. The Versys was the talk of the day. Everyone loved the look of the bike. I have to say that I loved my C-14 but I am so glad I made this move. I have not been this happy with a motorcycle in a long long time. Makes me want to ride everyday..

[img ]http://lonestarlobos.smugmug.com/Motorcycles/2015-Day-Rides/LSBMW-Tech-Day/i-qfwkjRc/0/L/IMG_1499-L.jpg[/img]

Till next time. Ride safe everyone!

Jerry James
Pillion: Jamie
2015 Versys 1000LT

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-10-2015, 04:44 PM

Well summed up! Its hard for me to keep off of it after 2.5 years now

2013 Versys1000
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-10-2015, 05:25 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by lobo10s View Post
I have done almost 1000 miles on the new Versys and I have one word to describe my thoughts to this point.
One of my local dealers got one in yesterday. I went up to see it today. Looks to be truly excellent. I don't have any problem holding it up with my left leg, but my right foot is in the air with my leg outstretched. No matter, it's still too busted up from last years accident to do much good if it was going over on that side anyway.

I was most interested in checking out the lowering potential. I see I can drop the triple clamps down about an inch on the forks. The dog bone on it is very wide. The spacers shown on the lowering dog bone replacement don't look nearly wide enough, but they claim it works with the 2015 V1K

http://soupysperformance.com/kawasak...ring-link.html

I like the passing light switch. Haven't seen one of those since my Ducs. Not crazy about having to buy an add on gear selector display. I replace all the electrical plugs on my gizmos with heated gear connectors, so the lack of an outlet doesn't bother me as I'd wire in a couple fused heated gear plugs to the battery anyway. Not a lot of tubing to zip tie them to on the aluminum frame though. Side bags are expected in within a few days. No word on how long it's going to take to get a topbox, which would be my preferred carry on.

Glad your having fun. I can't wait until I get mine to join you. According to the dealer, that bike has generated more calls than anything else lately. Maybe we Amuricans are finally coming around.

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-10-2015, 05:29 PM

I just took my helmet off from a 60 mile ride on my C14. I use it a lot when I have to meet clients. The Versys 650 is all for fun. If I only had one bike - the V1K would be the ticket. Glad you're enjoying it!
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-11-2015, 08:11 AM

Good to hear your enjoying it, cant wait to pick mine up when the warmer weather comes to Canada
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-11-2015, 10:22 AM

Thanks for the great feedback. I'm envious! I'm sure the wife will like the top case to rest her back against on long trips.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-11-2015, 11:41 AM

lobo10s,

How do the bags lock/unlock when installing/removing on the bike? (I'm not talking the opening/closing).

Thanks in advance.

2015 Versys 1000 LT

post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-12-2015, 01:19 AM

Sounds like the 1000 is the way to go for 2 up riding!

Lovin every minute of it!
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-12-2015, 06:32 AM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Garage
Jerry, You need to check out Phillips luggage racks. It replaces the plastic rack with a nice billet aluminum one. If you get a monokey trunk you can even have him put the attachement points on the rack.

Check him out http://www.philsfarkels.com/

I have one on my Concours. Top quality.

My Versys Travels:

post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-12-2015, 07:48 AM

lobo10s,
If you don't mind me asking, how tall is your wife? Does she have difficulty getting on and off the V? Always been a stickler for my wife and she's 5'5".
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-16-2015, 09:42 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rydbayb View Post
I just took my helmet off from a 60 mile ride on my C14. I use it a lot when I have to meet clients. The Versys 650 is all for fun. If I only had one bike - the V1K would be the ticket. Glad you're enjoying it!
Loved my C-14! Put 65K on this one.

Jerry James
2015 Versys 1000LT

post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-16-2015, 09:44 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kidder View Post
lobo10s,

How do the bags lock/unlock when installing/removing on the bike? (I'm not talking the opening/closing).

Thanks in advance.
I will take a couple of pictures for you tomorrow and post them here. It is a great design and they fit well. I am at work now or I would send them to you tonight

Jerry James
2015 Versys 1000LT

post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-16-2015, 09:47 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by hb9400 View Post
lobo10s,
If you don't mind me asking, how tall is your wife? Does she have difficulty getting on and off the V? Always been a stickler for my wife and she's 5'5".
My wife is 5'2" and she does find it a little more difficult getting on and off the bike compared to our old C-14. However she does say that the seat on the Versys is amazing and probably one of the best she has ever ridden on. This comes from a a girl with over 100K logged. She knows of what she speaks of from the pillion perspective.

Jerry James
2015 Versys 1000LT

post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-17-2015, 04:28 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kidder View Post
lobo10s,

Thanks in advance.
Insert the key and turn

Pull up on the tab

Slid bags towards the back about an inch and pull off.

reverse the process. It is very simple, but the system works well and holds the bags very well.

Jerry James
2015 Versys 1000LT

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode