Daytrip-Springfield Mo to Jasper Ark - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Member Rides Show off your Versys...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-20-2010, 11:55 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Daytrip-Springfield Mo to Jasper Ark

A little jaunt to Jasper Ark. 265 miles round trip. Posting lots of pics so check this post again to see full set. Thanks!

Mile 70, lunch at a nice little pizza cafe, lots of friendly patrons. They liked the Versys.

Crossing on Browns Ferry, 10 minutes, smooth ride. By now it is cloudy, so pics aren't spectacular.

Docking on the other side, continued my route 125, a favorite with motorcycles(summer)

Park at the Buffalo River, which I would follow much of the ride. Would have loved to
take more photos here, but I only had the afternoon, not much time.

Nearing Jasper, mile 120. The mountains in the background are the Bostons, my destination.

Ozark Cafe, a must stop in Jasper, Ark. Ran into some guys I know from the bicycle
club in Springfield, Ozark Cyclists. I visited too long, and paid later by finishing the
last 70 miles in the dark

Photos and antiques cover the walls and ceilings. Surely lots of stories behind these
old pics. Cafe was established in 1909.
I kept hearing goat bleeting when I parked, here was the source...

This "kid" was 4 days old, very small. Apparently the pet of this group.

Been a while since I have seen one of these jukes.
More pics of the Versys and the scenery. These next shots are along the ridge
of the Boston mountains, sorry my cheap camera and no sun doesn't capture their
magnificence.

Trees were damaged by two seasons of ice storms.
[

My Album:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-20-2010, 11:57 PM Thread Starter

A couple wooshed by on their Goldwing.

That is when I stopped shooting so I could get my butt home. Hope you enjoyed
the pics and maybe I will see one of you there soon. KLR Dude for instance. Cheers.

My Album:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Bear on a bicycle; 02-21-2010 at 11:46 PM.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-21-2010, 02:27 PM

Great pictures!

That looks like a blast! Thanks so much for sharing. I used to live in St. Louis, and spent a Summer working in Branson once (AKA; Hell...) So I've been through that area some, and it's amazingly beautiful country; you'd be hard pressed I think to find a BAD ride down in that area.
Cheers!
Chris

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-21-2010, 02:57 PM

Good pics. I can't wait to get out. I know cabin fever is hitting pretty hard right now
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-21-2010, 06:43 PM

central ark versys

When did you take your trip? I wentout yesterday afternoon for about 2 hrs. Out of Conway to Pettit Jean by back Highways. The roads where mostly clear with only a little sand on the hills. I didn't see any snow in the background of your pictures. We should meet up sometime this Spring of Summer for a ride.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-21-2010, 11:07 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by wampuspacker View Post
When did you take your trip? I wentout yesterday afternoon for about 2 hrs. Out of Conway to Pettit Jean by back Highways. The roads where mostly clear with only a little sand on the hills. I didn't see any snow in the background of your pictures. We should meet up sometime this Spring of Summer for a ride.

Yesterday afternoon, the snow was only left in the Boston mountains, all roads were clear and dry. I have been to Petit Jean when I lived in Little Rock serveral years ago. Love central Ark, nice area for riding as well. I am all for a ride anytime, just let me know. Hwy 16 "pig trail" is the next one I want to do. Hard to plan anything in advance with iffy weather, but I will try to post the next time in advance in case you or others want to meet somewhere.

My Album:
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-21-2010, 11:48 PM
Super Moderator

Looks like a good ride, but looks cold! We had a high of 79 today. And yes, I went for a ride...

post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-22-2010, 09:54 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bear on a bicycle View Post
Looks like a good ride, but looks cold! We had a high of 79 today. And yes, I went for a ride...
It is all what you are used to, we had been having highs in the 30's until Friday, so riding in 50 degrees was like Spring! It was cool along the Boston Mountain ridge, probably around 40 there, but never uncomfortable. Hey, I see you are interested in coming to Arkansas soon, looking forward to riding with you Texans. My wife is a transplanted Texan, and we lived in San Antonio for a few years. We still have her family down there and in Grand Prairie. We'll probably retire down there, if I ever get to retirement!

My Album:
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-28-2010, 10:00 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Element View Post
It is all what you are used to, we had been having highs in the 30's until Friday, so riding in 50 degrees was like Spring! It was cool along the Boston Mountain ridge, probably around 40 there, but never uncomfortable. Hey, I see you are interested in coming to Arkansas soon, looking forward to riding with you Texans. My wife is a transplanted Texan, and we lived in San Antonio for a few years. We still have her family down there and in Grand Prairie. We'll probably retire down there, if I ever get to retirement!

Small world! And I know what you're saying about retirement. It's like the carrot tied to a stick, dangling in front of the donkey. Will he EVER get it??

I'd LOVE to ride Arkansas. I hope I'll be able to make this trip, but you know how things go, something always seems to pop up when you really want to do something...

post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-01-2010, 08:26 AM

daytrip

Hi, I just discoved the Versys last week and looking to buy one this week. I am in Mountain home Arkansas and loved your photos. I have riden 18,000 on 3 different bike in the last 5 years in Northern/southern Ark/Mo. I now ride a 2005 Yamaha Venture and think that a Versys would be nice for the local roads.
Maybe will will meet on the road....... Cb
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-01-2010, 09:49 AM

In the middle of a cross country ride on my ZRX I rode from Springfield, Ill. to Eurika Springs. Nice place down there. Thanks for the pics.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode