Any 2010 Versys owners??? - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Member Rides Show off your Versys...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 27 (permalink) Old 02-20-2010, 08:20 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Any 2010 Versys owners???

Do we have ANY 2010 Versys owners here yet?

Don't be shy, say hello, post up a few pics and maybe your personal impressions...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 27 (permalink) Old 02-21-2010, 02:59 AM

Had it for three weeks. Rode it home in 17 degree weather but loved it!! Put about 100 miles on it but we've had snow and ice on the ground ever since. Pretty anxious to get some serious time on it but from first impression I'm really impressed. Brakes could use some more bite but otherwise seems to hold up to the praise I've read about it. Got some new pads and lines (EBC HH and Bremzen dual line) but waiting for good weather so I can compare the difference. Sounds like that did the trick for most people wanting a little bit more. Already added a hugger (Powebronze) due to all the salt/sand on the roads. No other real complaints except I think I may have a bit of a buzz in the guages. Waiting for better weather to mess with that too because its a bit too cold to start play with the plastic. Never rode an older one so I can't really compare the vibes with the newer mounts. I like the new headlight but the old one kind of grew on me too. The new tank is a flat blk which I'm not a great fan of. It looks great but my experience with flat paints is they show marks worse than a gloss from light scratches/scuffs etc.

Plan on doing some trips so I'll probably go with the V35 side bags and a top case but I'm not sure which one yet. Kawi is supposed to be coming out with their own heated grips. Interested to see who makes them. I wonder if they will be the same as the ones that come on the Connie. Also will probably want a bigger windsheild but none out that I'm aware of yet. Can't ride it much so I'm sitting arround thinking about what I can do to it. Hope the weather improves soon cause it's starting to get expensive just thinking about it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Versys 001 (Medium).jpg
Views:	495
Size:	68.3 KB
ID:	5560  
post #3 of 27 (permalink) Old 02-21-2010, 06:39 AM

and Congrats Juliozx7r,

Post us some pics of your new ride soon.

My V Blog:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Ride safe,

post #4 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-13-2010, 03:58 PM
vp7

Not sure if the person I saw with the 2010 Versys is on these forums but saw it today on Kearney lake road when I was riding around. Good to see more Versys' or is it Versi out there.

Moon Dust Gray Versys, with lots of farkles.

Vlast

P.S. I bought my Versys to support my photography hobby.

post #5 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-13-2010, 04:19 PM

Welcome Julio-please excuse any disparraging remarks I may have made on the '10! Welcome to the forum and hope you get to ride soon, post your state/country in your signature when you get a chance.

My Album:
post #6 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-13-2010, 06:00 PM

Well I've got a bit over 250 on it now. Really liking it so far. Got the EBC pads and SS lines on. Seems to have helped. Got some Powermadd handguards on. They aren't as large as some I've seen but seem to help a lot in the cold. Got them is silver and blk. The silver is more like grey than silver but I think the shape looks pretty good with the angular style mirrors. Added a Wolo horn in the stock location. Doesn't look too bad there (IMHO). Wow it's loud!! I could have used that on some of my old rides over the years. The new "improved" 2010 windsheild doesn't seem that great to me. I'm about 6' and there seems to be a lot of buffeting in all 3 positions at high speeds. They have a vario and a tall (1" taller than vario?) on the Kawi site but I checked and they don't actually have them available yet. I'm thinking I'll try the vario. Wish you could get something like the Madstad mount for the 2010. Maybe someone will make something like it. Eager to get some cases too. Sucks not having any storage at all. I'm missing the underseat on my ZX7. Speaking of the 7, I got it out the other day after I've been riding the Versys a lot and it felt like the fork tubes had collapsed or something. It was so uncomfortable compared to the versys I must be getting old or something. I'm afraid I'll quit ridding the 7 now that I'm spoiled by the V.
post #7 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-13-2010, 06:29 PM

I just ordered a Givi windscreen, it's 18 inches tall I believe. No doubt they will be making screens for the 10 soon. Great to see you doing mods already!

My Album:
post #8 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-13-2010, 08:28 PM

Hello,everyone.
(I am sorry when English is wrong.)

I have 2010 V.(it was delivered at last week)
In japan,2010 is only 30 to 40 imported this year,and color is black only.
(I re-paint to limegeeen already.)

Now I ride 400km,I feel very good the performance and looks.
But wind protection is not enough.
I'm about 180cm and using Arai-TourCross2 helmet,the wind hit to helmet directly,its so noisy,and lifted the visor.
I wish the release of the vario screen!
(I equip the handguard(ZETA Stingray),so hand is confortable.)
post #9 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-13-2010, 08:45 PM

Great to have you on the forum, post a pic of the green 2010 sometime.

My Album:
post #10 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-14-2010, 10:05 AM

Pics

In garage & Night parking & On the snow.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMGP1302.JPG
Views:	273
Size:	51.3 KB
ID:	5750   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMGP1303.JPG
Views:	248
Size:	44.4 KB
ID:	5751   Click image for larger version

Name:	20100314132219.jpg
Views:	268
Size:	21.0 KB
ID:	5752  
post #11 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-14-2010, 10:18 AM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Looks great! And welcome aboard!!

post #12 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-15-2010, 02:53 PM

Not to hijack the thread, but I was wondering if the 2010 Versys had the same tires as the previous years? I heard somewhere that while the size was the same, the brand or type was different? Can anyone confirm?

'I use my cigar smoke as idiot repellent'

Yeah, that’s a statistic sample size of 1, category “anecdotal evidence”, but there it is.

"You just got killed by a Daewoo Lanos motherfu#&er!!" -Red, from Pineapple Express.
post #13 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-15-2010, 03:12 PM

It's got Dunlop Sportmax D221 G's on it.
post #14 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-15-2010, 05:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by juliozx7r View Post
It's got Dunlop Sportmax D221 G's on it.
Are those the same as the stock tires on the 2008-2009 Versys?

'I use my cigar smoke as idiot repellent'

Yeah, that’s a statistic sample size of 1, category “anecdotal evidence”, but there it is.

"You just got killed by a Daewoo Lanos motherfu#&er!!" -Red, from Pineapple Express.
post #15 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-16-2010, 03:40 PM

The green one was nice... I have a weak spot for the greenies.....
post #16 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-16-2010, 04:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skeezix View Post
Are those the same as the stock tires on the 2008-2009 Versys?
Yes, if Kawasaki did read this forum, they would have known Dunlop Road Smarts are better.

My Album:
post #17 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-18-2010, 05:48 PM

Sydney Australia Black ABS

Received delivery 2 weeks ago, only done about 200kms so far. Only briefly test rode o8 model before recieving 2010 model but it appears the vibration issues have been some what rectified. There is nil vibration through feet but still a fair bit through the handle bars. There is no buz from the dash.

I felt the ABS work once through the rear wheel briefly the other day.
You still get some buffering to the helmet even with the standard screen adjusted as high/forward as it will go.

Delivery of Versys in Australia was going to be yellow but it is black or black and you have to have the ABS which is what I was waiting for. I parked next to a o8 model the other day and I am still fond of the earlier look but the 2010 looks more modern I guess.

Its a great ride, I am adding the Barkbusters Storm hand guards soon and will be looking at screen options and grip warmers (heat demons?) as we go into winter over the next couple of months, its still nice and warm here at the moment.

Why the Versys, I read the forum and pretty much concluded,
my history with riding is basically dr250 L's (2yrs), GSX750F(2yrs), 200VXR Scooter(6yrs) and now the Versys. I ended up with the scoot after selling the gsx, changing careers and my wife thinking she was going to learn to ride the scooter and I would get something else later, needless to say she didnt ride and we were stuck with the scoot which I ended up liking until now but it was time and I really need something to ride the M2(motorway)into the city.

When I first started looking at the replacement of the scoot, I had this dream of doing this great outback adventure but the more I researched the V and read the forum and about other bikes Storm, tiger, bmw etc the more I realised that the chance of getting away, to my actual ride use which was going to be commuting and the odd burn thru the twisties on the w/ends and maybe one day a few trips(fingers crossed).

I came to the conclusion that, I want highway speed, be kinda light and agile (the scooter was like a bmx bike in traffic but frightning in the twisties), be narrow and tight, good pwr to weight etc. I soon realised that after all the research as far as what would be suitable for road and odd bit of dirt(if I ever got there) was the V.

Its fuel injected 650, there was not much else that also had the geometry that also alowed for twistie work and odd bit of touring, good fuel econ etc etc. The only contender that I would have loved and if I didnt have fam and so many other toys is the BMW F800GS(which has some poor reviews). I didnt even ride one cause I might like it. Its also the BMW thing, I didnt like/want outragious service costs, the bling statis, scared to get it scratched, really complex etc etc etc. If I had a disposable income?? maybe

I am still getting used to the gears again and wow the power which I lost in the scoot, I let it open a few times and holy sh... for me anyway, this craps on the old GSX750 (carby)

The upright position was a must have for me after being so comfortable on the scoot and the old 750 even half leant over gave me the numb hand thing after a short time.

I know it sounds like I am going to change heaps but after spending so much time researching and what can be done I have taken this all in to account and no other bike had what I was looking for.

I had/have this dream of a cape york or outback trip but this is a long shot at the moment and after reading heaps on the forum I know that this bike can be upgraded to do some of that later if I want but the short falls of a KLR etc on the road meant thumpers, less power, less twisty agility etc etc.

I had a good read of Gary and Teds bikes/trips on the forum and I am now sure that later if I get there I can fit larger front wheel and/or 80/20's and do I dirt road/track extended trip. I also explored the chance of doing single track work and realised that you really need a 400cc thumper or less to keep the weight down and I wanted something more powerful so have conceeded that desert track or bush track is good enough for me.

22nd May 10
Bit of an update, I have been commuting to work and back and have decided to try and get the 44 tooth sproket for the back just to lower the revs a bit whilst on the motorway but I cant get one here in Aus and everyone seems to be out of stock in the US to.

I fitted Barkbuster Storm S4 and mounting kit last night, didnt use the counter wieghts as the store didnt tell me they are required(did not suply) so I just used a couple more nuts to space it out as required. The daily commute home was all of a sudden vibration free through the handlebars which I was surprised and my hands were warmer.

The screen is still an issue, cant seem to find any feedback yet on any of the one or two screens available but will have to do something as the buffering is driving me mad. I also installed Interphone F4 into my helmet which enables the music to divert my attention away from the buffering noise some what. Just wating for the Iphone V4 software update (June 2010) as it is suppose to fix the remote control over bluetooth AD2P protocol. At the moment you cant skip or resume music.

Will also get an engine guard either Givi, H&B or SWmotech but not sure which one, the SW is winning so far?

Also waiting on Speedy and Motoworx to get the 2010 peg lowering, stand lowering brackets sorted and will probably do that as well.

Last edited by Fuses; 05-21-2010 at 04:56 PM.
post #18 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-18-2010, 06:07 PM

Fuses ...Which Dealership did you buy the 2010 ..ive only seen the orange 2009s here in Sydney so far...and what was the rrp with ABS, might be time for me to trade.

just found out my local dealer in Sydney can get em in for $13300 on road. (bikes are way overpriced down here in Australia ...thats Supply and demand for ya)

Taking mine in Tuesday to see what i can trade her for :O

Last edited by sambamboo; 03-19-2010 at 07:38 AM.
post #19 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-24-2010, 05:41 PM

Sent you PM Sam, good luck with it mate. Im patiently waiting on the acc release hope those heated grips get on the Aus list
post #20 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-24-2010, 07:52 PM

Cheers Fuse ...Much better deal down south, Thanks for that. I still have to get the go ahead from the Cheese and Kisses (Wife) ...contemplating putting it on consignment down there. and get a bit more cash towards the new one.

After commuting in Sydney for the past year, I think the ABS will be worth its weight in Gold.

You could always get the Accessories from OS we have a decent exchange rate atm.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode