A loop today - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Member Rides Show off your Versys...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-27-2009, 05:16 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
A loop today

It started out cold with a big frost on the ground and trees. Meet up with Stanley at Coopers creek store ,I knew it was going to be a great day. Jessica was working and she has to be one of the most beautiful women in the south. Talked to her until Stanley rolled in. He was cold but after a smoke and a cup of coffee we were off. We head north on 60 and then turned right onto Dial Rd. We then took Newport Road over to Double Head Gap Rd and went right. We then turned onto Roy Rd and then onto Rackley Rd. which had tons of loose gravel. We then took Hwy 52 to Burnt Mountain Rd. This section is pretty nice not much traffic. We turned right onto Hwy 136 and went to Jone Mtn Rd. which turns into Youkon Rd. stayed on it until we got to Ellijay. WE stopped for fuel on 282 and then went on our way to Pleasant Gap Rd. ,I missed the turn off and we ended up back on 282 which we took until we got to Old Hwy 411. We then went to Chatsworth and onto Fort Mountain. Hwy 52 over to Ellijay. We the took Boardtown Rd to Blueridge. Had lunch at Arby's ,the pecan chicken is great. Then we took Aska Rd back to Newport Rd which completed the loop. The sun never really came out all day. It stayed pretty cold with the wind blowing hard. It was mostly cloudy. Seen a couple other bikes and some guys on dirtbikes at the store. Another great loop to ride.

pictures

http://fallcolorsof2009.shutterfly.com/373

Map
http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UT...a9ee0ec0d&z=10

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by mountainrider; 12-27-2009 at 05:19 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-28-2009, 02:47 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Yesterday (27th Dec) was cool here in AZ too. Met up with a friend, Eric, from Canada, on a rented H-D with his wife riding pillion, at Superstition H-D in Apache Junction at 11AM.
After a few minutes chatting we headed up the "Apache Trail", Hwy 88. I led till "Lost Dutchman State Park" where he took pictures, then had him take the lead so as to be able to stop when it suited them, for more pics.
Walked around Tortilla Flat for a few minutes to have a look at everything, then saddled up again and headed east. Five miles later the pavement ends, with 22 miles of dirt road till Roosevelt Dam and Hwy 188 ahead.
Clear blue skies with AWESOME scenery (HIS words...!) and many photo stops got us to the Dam about 2PM for more pics and a chat over some segmented oranges, where Eric opined that the Versys' suspension was probably better for the dirt washboard we'd just ridden than was the Harley's.
Back on our rides and south onto 188 to see the cliff dwellings at the Tonto National Monument , then into Globe for snacks, before continuing west on Hwy 60 through Miami and Superior. Wyatt Earp's wife Maddy is buried just west of Superior, but access is now denied by a new fence and gate so I couldn't share the site with them.
We split up at the junction with Hwy 79 (to Florence for me) and Hwy 60 which would start them to Scottsdale where they were staying, and I was home shortly after 4PM, dusty, and thankful I'd worn my electric jacket liner, and another GREAT 180 miles on my "V"!

Ed

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-28-2009, 04:47 PM Thread Starter

I love my electrics

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-04-2010, 09:08 AM

How was it in your neighborhood last weekend? I would imagine it was pretty quiet! I got out for a while testing my electrics. I am waiting on a heated jacket liner.

Steve

I bought a motorcycle because my wife said that I couldn't! Now I have two and she still says I can't have another one!
Sounds like a challenge to me!

Now I have four!

post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-04-2010, 09:46 AM Thread Starter

Had a good ride on the 1st. Left the house and went south on 60. No gravel until you get into Union county and then not much after you get into Lumpkin county. 129 had the most gravel on the north side and about half way down you run out of it. Went through Owltown and took old 76 back to Skennah Gap. Roads do not have any gravel.The wind was blowing hard. Sometimes it was hard to keep the little Versys going in the right direction. Just had to ride on New Years Day !!!!!!!!!!!!!! The D.O.T. has gotten into the habit of putting chat down for every little snow flurry. It really sucks. Just have to stay in the tire lanes of other vehicles and it will be fine. The salt really messes the bike up.

post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-05-2010, 07:50 PM

Sheesh. After reading the comment:
Quote:
Jessica was working and she has to be one of the most beautiful women in the south
I was sorta expecting at least one pic

I envy you guys who have the balls to ride in this weather.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-05-2010, 11:05 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by emur View Post
Sheesh.
I envy you guys who have the balls to ride in this weather.
Know what you mean - I put 120 miles on my "V" today. Had My Tourmaster heated jacket liner on MEDIUM for part, LOW for the rest, and winter gloves on. Don't know WHAT I would've done if it'd got colder than 65F around Casa Grande (AZ) this morning....

Ed

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode