Night ride in Ohio - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Member Rides Show off your Versys...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 08-24-2014, 07:39 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Night ride in Ohio

I rarely ride at night due to too many drunks and critters. BUT every once in a while I just gotta ride. Last night was that night.

Geared up and took off into the country. Roads were clear not much traffic, warm and dry. Now these are NOT epic ride roads just your run of the mill farm country roads. Straight and flat for the most part. BUT I know where to find better roads...down by the river! And that was my downfall. As I got into the ride I noticed that it'd started to rain. Only the sound though. The rattling, splatting sound of rain drops on the helmet and shield and loss of visibility...wait it's CLEAR! Stars all over what's going on??

You trout fishermen know what's going on I'm sure. I river, at night and a warm night, a hatch! There were millions of bugs all hatching out at the same time. It was to the point I was having to clean my face shield every 1/2 mile or so just to be able to see.

It didn't take much of this for me to pack it in and head home. Where I found my Black Versys and Hi Vis gear were both gray and fuzzy! The bugs were very small and all I had to do was spray the bike off and dust off the coat and pants. The helmet I had to wash to get clean and the small out of.

SO another reason not to ride I night...sex crazed bugs all over the place!

Or was that look THEN leap?
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2012 650 Versys
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 08-27-2014, 07:28 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Time View Post
There were millions of bugs all hatching out at the same time. It was to the point I was having to clean my face shield every 1/2 mile or so just to be able to see.
Like this?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Bugs:Visor021.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	82.1 KB
ID:	54041  
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 08-30-2014, 09:36 AM
RMS

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
During august down in the Trinity river bottom road`s, it is the May Fly breading season
those thing`s are 1 inch long with wings and when I splat them on my face shield it
makes one heck of a mess and it hurts like the dickens when they hit my body.
And yes,, I must be aware of the drunks and road kill in the lane.
And with all of that ,, I still very much enjoy the night ride`s
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode