A few lame photos from my Indy ride - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Member Rides Show off your Versys...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-14-2014, 10:22 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
A few lame photos from my Indy ride

No way this is up to my usual standards. I didn't put a lot of effort into it, honestly. But here are a few lame photos from my ride over to Indiana last weekend to go to the MotoGP round at the Speedway.

My approach to race weekend is a little different from most. I've done the Motorcycles on Meridian nightlife stuff, but what I do any more is camp somewhere away from the city for a little peace and quiet the night before my ears are bombarded with the sound of MotoGP bikes hitting 212 mph on the long Indy front straight.

Naturally, I take the road less traveled to get into Indiana.

Snapped a nice sunset shot at the lake before retiring.

No camping in a concrete-hard dirt parking lot outside the Speedway for me. Partiers doing burnouts outside my tent at 3 a.m. are not my preference.

I really didn't shoot many photos at the races. Nothing worth showing off, really. This year I mainly just sat back and enjoyed the show.

If you're a MotoGP fan, you can read my thoughts here.

Whitehorse Press is going out of business so it's time for a final sale. Signed copies of my book are now $10 with free shipping in the U.S. while they last.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-14-2014, 10:52 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage

2009 Blue Versys.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-15-2014, 07:03 AM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Garage
I was expecting some umbrella girl shots. Your slacking.

My Versys Travels:

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-15-2014, 09:49 AM

Nice. I read your thoughts and it is interesting how Marc Marquez doesn't get the love like young Rossi used to.

Ride To Live, Live To Ride....no, really!
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-15-2014, 11:02 AM

Very true about Marquez. I was one of those watching on TV and hoping the little punk would run out of gas. If Lorenzo and Rossi weren't banging bars Marquez may have taken a few more laps to get by them. The Ducati bikes looked a little stronger at Indy too.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-15-2014, 04:53 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
I enjoyed your thoughts on the races. Your no love observations reminds me of Snetterton many, many years ago when Agostoni (who surely was not a Brit) got the big cheers while the British champion (don't even remember who at the moment) only received polite cheering. Curious. Some must have that mystical quality that mere mortals, though highly skilled, don't.

I also don't understand the lesser interest in Moto2 and Moto3 races. The most exciting events during a Snetterton weekend were the 50cc races. Tiny little men who never rose up from behind the fairing and never touched the brakes and endlessly danced on a gazillion speed gearbox. Amazing stuff. And the high pitch howl of several dozen bikes could vibrate screws loose of anything within within half a mile!

And I must admit the Versys looks good in blue - and that's from a red owner! Ah yes, your mirrors are from? I don't recognize them though perhaps I should. Aprilia?

Arion

"Plan? Plan! There ain't no plan."
Pig Killer, Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome

Last edited by Arion; 08-15-2014 at 05:01 PM.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-15-2014, 05:48 PM

'15 DL1000
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-15-2014, 06:44 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arion View Post
Ah yes, your mirrors are from? I don't recognize them though perhaps I should. Aprilia?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/One-Pair-Lef...90ec81&vxp=mtr

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-16-2014, 11:24 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
I was at a Canam race at Mosport back in the early '70s. It was interesting watching Donahue go by with hardly any sound in his Porche (917?), then a bunch of big block Chevvy powered racers, SHAKING THE GROUND, a bit later. Rather - ho, hum.

Later they had a race of Minis - GREAT fun! A hole passel of cars close together, RACING...!

- -

Ed

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-16-2014, 02:56 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Thanks weljo.

Arion

"Plan? Plan! There ain't no plan."
Pig Killer, Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-16-2014, 06:11 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arion View Post
Thanks weljo.

Anytime.

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode