The Trans-America Trail- T A T - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Member Rides Show off your Versys...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-06-2009, 06:22 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
The Trans-America Trail- T A T

I have been on dualsports since late 02, been riding street since 86. My dream was to always go to Alaska on my dual-sport. I am also a new member of Adventure rider. com- last few nights I have been reading about guys riding from Tenn to Oregon on mostly dirt roads. I hear it takes about 3 weeks to complete... over 5k miles one way.

I was just wondering if any guys here have done it. I was wondering if the Versys would be the right bike for the job. I might be wishing I had the old KLR back with the knobbies.

I am completely intrigued and excited. This excites me more than a Ak ride. There is a site to buy roll charts, so all the hard work has been done as far as maps. I can't believe I have just heard about this ride..........
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-06-2009, 09:43 PM

Send a message via AIM to E-nigma
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-06-2009, 10:28 PM

Is a Verseys the right bike for that trail ........No ..........but that is part of the adventure , to challenge yourself and do what is not supposed to be done , for no other reason than to look back and say you did it.............that is what Adventure Riding is all about

** This space for rent **

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-07-2009, 12:50 AM

hahaha that about sums it up... BUT I guess it is DOABLE on a versys only cause I rode 1000 miles from fairbanks up the dalton to the arctic and back... so yeah I never heard about this either and now I am intrigued... !!! thanks

08 Versys 32+k and counting

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-08-2009, 12:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by asdf38 View Post
hahaha that about sums it up... BUT I guess it is DOABLE on a versys only cause I rode 1000 miles from fairbanks up the dalton to the arctic and back... so yeah I never heard about this either and now I am intrigued... !!! thanks
Yep , anything is "doable" in life , this guy circled the globe on an R1 so pretty sure a V would be good to try your luck on the TAT http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yjBrpN9nmZQ

** This space for rent **
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-08-2009, 02:01 AM

Highpsiguy-

Did you come across the Mobius trip thread on ADV? There is a couple that completed it on DR650s by breaking the trip up into several segments, and they did an outstanding job documenting it on their ride report.

It's both a great read and very informative as regards any questions you might have about the trail and the type of bike and gear that will work on it.

It's also got some very entertaining videos and great pics.

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=344776
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode