Arctic Circle - 10k miles in 26 days, solo. - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Member Rides Show off your Versys...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-02-2009, 03:08 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Arctic Circle - 10k miles in 26 days, solo.

Here's an my bud just finished from his solo ride waaaay up north this year. It's 24 minutes long, so pour yourself a beverage of choice and come along for the ride.

Michael
Always be wary of any helpful item that weighs less than its operating manual.
- Terry Pratchett

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-02-2009, 09:02 AM

amazing, makes me want to go.
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-02-2009, 09:35 AM

Man..what a cool inspiring video! Glad I have a computer at work...spend way to much time on this forum

if it were easy....everyone would do it!

post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-02-2009, 06:52 PM

Man, sure wish I hit a jackpot
post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-02-2009, 08:07 PM

Miguelito, thankx for sharing. Fun video.

post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-02-2009, 08:31 PM

Great ride. Great video. I don't know what's worse though, the bear or the buffalo.
post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-03-2009, 12:52 AM

Cool video , thanks , Alaska is the next big trip for me . If anyone else is heading up there a guy on my local forum has a bike shop in Smithers BC ( almost Alaska) you can have special items sent to pick up en route , or get repairs and road reports ,tire repaired etc.. here is a copy of part of his post ---
Eyecandy Custom Cycles est. 2006, is a small shop located right on the highway in Smithers, BC, Canada, four hours from Alaska. Toll free 1-877-547-4044
You are always welcome to call ahead to have specialty parts waiting for you, leave a message for a fellow traveller, ask for roadside assistance or just to find out what the road is like today. We have a pick up and a ramp if needed. We are all about the riding and what goes around comes around.

We build full custom motorcycles or can just add a heated vest to your dual sport for your northern adventure. Our goal is to make your motorcycle
"Something Sweet to Ride."

On the way to or from Alaska on Highway 16 we are the most northern multibrand shop with certified journeyman motorcycle techs. We always keep stock of tires, chains, oils and filters to keep you riding. We also stock gear and clothing to keep you warm and safe in our cooler northern climate.

** This space for rent **
post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-03-2009, 09:22 PM

Awsome trip recording. I live in Alaska I have riden the Alcan roads in car 3 sperate times.
After getting My 09 V in April over 7,000 miles all over Alaska even up to the edge of Canadian Border near Chicken AK, but not down the Alcan. YET :-)
I know the V would be a great bike for the trip, Easy on Gas Great suspionsion when a Frost heave suddenly appears. Heak in June the sun is only down for a few hours Easy to ride 18- hours. Done it twice this year. Lots and Lots of bike travel the same rode See many trekers in Tok heading North up the Haul rode or coming back down. Come on up, Let get going were burning daylight.
post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-04-2009, 12:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squier View Post
Awsome trip recording. I live in Alaska I have riden the Alcan roads in car 3 sperate times.
After getting My 09 V in April over 7,000 miles all over Alaska even up to the edge of Canadian Border near Chicken AK, but not down the Alcan. YET :-)
I know the V would be a great bike for the trip, Easy on Gas Great suspionsion when a Frost heave suddenly appears. Heak in June the sun is only down for a few hours Easy to ride 18- hours. Done it twice this year. Lots and Lots of bike travel the same rode See many trekers in Tok heading North up the Haul rode or coming back down. Come on up, Let get going were burning daylight.
Maybe some pics of Alaska would give people motivation to explore up that way ..............*hint hint

post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-04-2009, 08:50 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squier View Post
Come on up, Lets get going were burning daylight.
Tis the season for Mexico amigo! I'm heading out in about 2 weeks to head south of the border, so come on down!

Michael
- Terry Pratchett

post #11 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-04-2009, 10:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by miguelito View Post
Tis the season for Mexico amigo! I'm heading out in about 2 weeks to head south of the border, so come on down!
Why do you go there , you leave New Mexico to go to "old" Mexico ........You know your from New mexico when ........All your out-of-state friends and relatives visit in October.

Have a great trip ......

post #12 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-06-2009, 02:45 PM

You are totally crazy !!

Great ride , wonderful movie, wow !!

P.S.: what is the title of the song in the movie when you come back?
The song start after 22'22" and sounds like this: "Uh-uh uh-uh-uh, uh-uh uh-uh-uh, uh-uh, uh-uh uh-uh, uh-uh uh-uh-uh"

Piero

Nobody thinks that something is so easy like who is totally unable to do it.

Kawasaki Versys 07 Orange
Ex Aprilia Pegaso 96 Blue
Ex Suzuki DR 350 91

Last edited by duffyduck1; 12-07-2009 at 08:53 AM.
post #13 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-07-2009, 11:47 AM Thread Starter

Glad you guys enjoyed the video. Mundo is a really good guy, and his personality and intelligence really comes through in his vid.

Duffyduck1: the song is " Woo Hoo" by the "5,6,7,8's" an all girl Japanese rock band. Q Tarantino used it in Kill Bill 2. And your English is great!

Blackhammer: Old Mexico just seems to be a magnet for me this time of year. Must have something to do with the weather, but the people down south are great too.

Michael
- Terry Pratchett

post #14 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-07-2009, 12:46 PM

Great job with the video.
Makes me want to plan that trip even sooner.
post #15 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-07-2009, 06:31 PM

I really enjoyed that video!!!
post #16 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-07-2009, 10:31 PM

Artic circle? If I want to be cold I just have to get out on my driveway. Wind chill of -8F right now in Parker, CO. -15F tomorrow with more snow on the way.
post #17 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-08-2009, 02:45 AM

Quote:
... the song is " Woo Hoo" by the "5,6,7,8's" an all girl Japanese rock band. Q Tarantino used it in Kill Bill 2. And your English is great!...
Caught!!
Thank you !!
My writing English is slow and maybe passable, but I have some difficult to understand what I listen in English. When you talked in the vid, I understand 1 word every 4... but I'm learning

Piero

Ex Suzuki DR 350 91

post #18 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-08-2009, 02:17 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by duffyduck1 View Post
Caught!!
Thank you !!
My writing English is slow and maybe passable, but I have some difficult to understand what I listen in English. When you talked in the vid, I understand 1 word every 4... but I'm learning

Piero
Prego! Parleṛ lentamente, se mai si incontrano e si fa la stessa cosa per me!

Michael
- Terry Pratchett

post #19 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-09-2009, 01:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdrocks View Post
i think it's a good thing to point out the resources available at smithers, since there's not too much available on the yellowhead west of jasper, but i think you might confuse people by saying you're just 4 hours from alaska. sure, 4 hours from hyder, alaska, but otherwise riders need to look at a map. smithers is 1400 miles from fairbanks, for instance, and that's going the short way which many don't.
That is just what I copied from his post on a local forum , I have no idea how far from alaska or any destination town his shop is , Just that it's along the way ( sort of ) ........I am at he bottom of BC ( Vancouver ) he is way up top there in Smithers . It's more for emergency repair or parts etc..... not as many options up that way , I figure any info to help you get back on your way is good info .

post #20 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-09-2009, 08:45 AM

Quote:
Prego! Parleṛ lentamente, se mai si incontrano e si fa la stessa cosa per me!

Prego! Parleṛ lentamente, se mai ci incontreremo tu farai lo stesso per me!

Not at all! I'll speak slowly, if we will have a meeting you will do the same thing for me!

Ex Suzuki DR 350 91

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
alaska, arctic circle, bmw, new mexico

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode