2 Vs and a BeVVy - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Member Rides Show off your Versys...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-18-2014, 01:14 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
2 Vs and a BeVVy

Following the previous trip report, a fellow forum member here and a member of a rider forum posted that he wouldn’t mind a ride out sometime. After a few emails and texts, the 3 of us decided to hook-up for a ride out. Unfortunately my friend Luke busted is ankle playing badminton so 3 became 2.
We met at a Kawasaki shop that we are both familiar with. Colin said he was a little scared as I looked scary on the pictures on my previous report? A few people have said that but I’m just a moody barsteward until you get to know me! Then you just put up with it! After passing a few pleasantries over our bikes we headed off for breakfast and coffee which was about 40 mins away.

Nothing like a hearty breakfast at a top-notch joint!

When I was a kid I could never understand how the volume on the TV got louder or changed channels. My dad told me there was a tiny man inside the TV operating the thing. I wondered if Colin was thinking that while peering into the action camera!
After a Mc’Ds breakfast and coffee – which is healthier than the shyte you get in the US and UK (no silicone in our burgers please!), if you can call it healthy – we headed on.

Last edited by BKKPhil; 07-18-2014 at 01:18 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-18-2014, 01:17 AM Thread Starter

Thailand is hazardous at the best of times, and on a scooter where one is considered 2nd Class, you’re dicing with death on a daily basis as you will always be at fault in most cases. While a little different on a bigger bike as they are quite expensive, drivers don’t know you’re riding an expensive bike until they’ve plowed over you! Anyway, Colin experienced the typical Thai driving mentality when a cockster opened, or left his door open while trying to lane split! Good job Colin didn’t hit it as it would’ve been his fault of course!

About another 40 mins we were getting a little thirty and stopped for some refreshments. Colin also reminded me of my last venture where myself and Luke forgot to buy some water while stuck in the jungle. Anyhow, we pulled into a garage for a drink and break when Colin notice a bird had perched itself on my back.

It’s strange, because at work there’s a bird that waits every morning for me to get into my car and flies at my window side about a foot way for a few hundred yards. It’s about the size of a Blackbird.
We continued on for about an hour to Ratchburi and took a minor off road route which was about 2km long. Not sure it was Colin’s things but he’s said he’d give it a go. We hit tarmac again and took a gentle ride through Ratchburi, aiming for Kanchanaburi which is famous for “The Bridge Over the River Kwai”. It started to rain a little so we decided on an early lunch at a place with spectacular views. Like the nincompoop I am at times, I deleted the bleedin’ photos.
The rain eased a little and after some Thai fried rice we were off again taking caution due to the clay ridden, slippery road with pot-holes for good measure!

post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-18-2014, 01:21 AM Thread Starter

We eventually reached Kanchanaburi after taking in the cool scenery from the refreshing rain, and as Colin had been a few times to this place, he led the way.

We finally reached Kanchanaburi town center, passing the war cemetery on the way. Colin seemed to know where he was going so I followed. We were looking for a place to stay and although the area looked familiar from my previous venture with Luke, I wasn’t quite sure.

We stopped, thinking this was the place of stay, Colin suggested we have a drink. Feeling a little dehydrated at 2:30pm, I thought, why not? The weird thing is, I was still dehydrated at 10pm! Beer had taken over the quest to burn fuel, and with a few milfs serving with rather large boobies (Not sure I’m allowed to say that) as far as Thai ladies go, it made a refreshing change. The beer that is!

I’m a lightweight when it comes to beer. 2-3 bottles and I’m fecked, in the words of Father Jack. I was starting to feel a bit sickly after the 3rd bottle. Not wishing to look like a ponce to my new found friend, I shifted over to the Vodka, while hoping I wouldn’t feel like shyte for the morning’s next ride! It had orange in it as well!

We left at whatever time it was and headed back to our rooms. 350bht, about 8 quid for an air conditioned room wasn’t bad. More money for fuel! We rode out to a dam that crosses the river near Erawan Waterfalls. It’s a beautiful place if you ever get to go there. We stopped for a photo at the damn then rode on some more.

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-18-2014, 01:23 AM Thread Starter

After about an hour, and nearly been taken out in the rear by some TW*T overtaking on the opposite side of a bend, we topped up for gas and stopped at another coffee shop. We headed for the ‘Hell Fire Pass Memorial museum”, which has to be said was a choking experience. We didn’t get to do the walk as the rain was too heavy, but the photos and the 3 minute cinema presentation was enough to make your realize the shear hell the Australian and British prisoners of war went through. I want to return to do the walk on my next visit.

post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-18-2014, 01:26 AM Thread Starter

Not knowing where to go next, we came up with a great plan and headed back to the bar where we met some decent biker folk from the night before. A beer was needed after the shocking images still floating in my head! We met some old Harley guys and a Dutch/Norwegian guy on his Kawasaki ZX-14R sharing stories of their bikes; all in all a decent two nights on the ‘aiming fluid’. Quite a few, if not most, seemed to know Colin which suggested he frequented the Australian watering hole; a distant local you might say!

After an 8 hour drinking session and pizza and burgers, we headed for some sleep ready for the journey home. After breakfast, if you could call it that, and a crowd of noisy Thai tourists that put the French to shame, we headed home. One the way we stopped for a few pictures for the recent helmet review. While on the bit of a dirt track, I took the opportunity to try out my new Scorpion Trials, while not realizing I hit 110km with the back end fishtailing out, the Versys handled it well.

After a decent trip we both arrived home safely.
Hope for another at the end of the month!

Forward images: Drift Ghost-S Snapshots
Rear: Mobius Action Camera
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-18-2014, 01:32 AM Thread Starter

DAAAAAAAMN IT!!! Have I put this in the wrong section?
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-18-2014, 07:00 AM

Very nice BKKPhil! You know you could've included at least one pic of the waitresses.

Ride To Live, Live To Ride....no, really!
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-18-2014, 09:24 AM

Is that fender on the white Versys an accessory? I want!
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-18-2014, 10:36 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Tig View Post
Very nice BKKPhil! You know you could've included at least one pic of the waitresses.
\

Haha!

To be honest, after a few vodkas she looked pretty hot, but the photo I have tells a different story.
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-18-2014, 12:54 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BKKPhil View Post
DAAAAAAAMN IT!!! Have I put this in the wrong section?
Nope. This is WHERE it belongs.

Ed
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-18-2014, 01:02 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-18-2014, 09:12 PM

post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-19-2014, 09:27 AM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Tig View Post
Exactly what I was thinking! We all know beauty is in the eye of the beholder and... drinks add to beauty.

My Versys Travels:

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode