Central Okanagan to Mabel Lake... - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Member Rides Show off your Versys...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-18-2014, 02:50 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Central Okanagan to Mabel Lake...

Yesterday my wife told me to go riding - she had some art-work to do, and did NOT want me around, underfoot or on the computor, so at about 0900 I said "Adios! Outta here!!!" and headed north, even tho' it WAS a bit cloudy....

From here to Vernon, then another 30 to 40 kms north of there was on the twisties I've written up a few times (DELIGHTFUL as usual...), along Lake Okanagan, then up along the Otter Lake Road, followed by putting the town of Enderby into my GPS, and heading there w/ stops at EVERY garage sale sign I saw...! -- There's a 'flea market' on Hwy 97A on the south end of town, so that was a MANDATORY 30 minute stop before turning onto the "Enderby - Mabel Lake Road", east for about 28 kms (of MORE garage-sale signs...) thru some fairly mountainous terrain. Saw one mule deer doe feeding on the shoulder, but several short blasts on the WOLO BadBoy had her hopping fences away from the road.

A slide closed this highway about a week back, loads of debris and logs blocking the way, but new pavement (for about 100 feet) and piles of logs amongst the trees showed where it had been. Finally got to the town (?) of Mabel Lake, so it was time for a couple of oranges, some pics (my pics start from there), then reverse course. THIS time I photographed a bit of the slide-zone, then noticed Isobel Falls on the north-side cliffs, another photo-op!

I stopped at the flea market again, but a dealer didn't want to "deal", so I left w/ out anything extra in my bags. The lilacs are out, their 'heady' scent wafting across the roads here-and-there, so I found a bush along the shoulder and cut some for my wife to enjoy (brownie-points...!). Soon after I saw some NICE reflections in Otter Lake. Didn't realize till this morning that there are TWO float-planes parked in there...! -

All too soon I arrived back home at the appointed time (3PM), just about 300 kms (180 miles) of interesting riding behind me. I gotta get "kicked-out" MORE often!

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC03038 copy.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	25.0 KB
ID:	47754   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC03039 copy.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	54.3 KB
ID:	47762   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC03043 copy.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	93.3 KB
ID:	47770   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC03053 copy.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	100.6 KB
ID:	47778   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC03058 copy.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	57.4 KB
ID:	47786  

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC03059 copy.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	54.6 KB
ID:	47794   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC03060 copy.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	66.2 KB
ID:	47802  

Ed
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

Last edited by fasteddiecopeman; 05-18-2014 at 02:54 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-19-2014, 11:00 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Love the photos

Love the photos fasteddie. It must be nice having geat riding year round! South in the winter and North in the summer. I'm Jealous! Your a lucky man.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-19-2014, 12:26 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulgt View Post
Love the photos fasteddie. It must be nice having great riding year round! South in the winter and North in the summer. I'm Jealous! Your a lucky man.
Paul - being in Mesa, I would think you can ride year round! Just head up the Mogollon Rim, or the Colorado Plateau. Once you're up another five or six thousand feet it should cool down a "tad"....

Wanna do a ride in the fall?

Ed

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-20-2014, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fasteddiecopeman View Post
Paul - being in Mesa, I would think you can ride year round! Just head up the Mogollon Rim, or the Colorado Plateau. Once you're up another five or six thousand feet it should cool down a "tad"....

Your right, it is a great place to ride here year round. The trick to beat the heat is to leave early in the morning and head north.

Absolutely would love to go on a ride. Give a holler when you get back this way.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-20-2014, 09:31 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to Silverfox09
Quote:
Originally Posted by fasteddiecopeman View Post

Count me in

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-25-2014, 05:40 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Sounds like that makes it THREE....

Ed

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode