Headed to Flagstaff - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Member Rides Show off your Versys...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-28-2014, 11:31 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Headed to Flagstaff

I am headed to Flagstaff AZ for a few days to just do some riding and sight seeing. I will be leaving Arkansas on March 21st or 22nd, probably stay around Amarillo that night, and be in Flagstaff the following evening. From there, I will be doing some riding and hiking, making my way back on my own time.

If anyone wants to join for any part of the ride, let me know.

If you have any advice for this trip, I am all ears!

The mark of an educated mind, is in the ability to entertain a thought without accepting it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-01-2014, 05:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gteamer View Post
I am headed to Flagstaff AZ for a few days to just do some riding and sight seeing. I will be leaving Arkansas on March 21st or 22nd, probably stay around Amarillo that night, and be in Flagstaff the following evening. From there, I will be doing some riding and hiking, making my way back on my own time.

If anyone wants to join for any part of the ride, let me know.

If you have any advice for this trip, I am all ears!
http://weather.aol.com/forecast/7-da...staff/id/86001

well, I was surprised to see it will be quite warm out there next week. im guessing you already know that. wish I was headed that way. I lived in Tucson for about 26 years. that's a great area around flagstaff----I imagine its really grown a lot from the last time I was there-----
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-01-2014, 07:25 AM

I got snowed on near Flagstaff in May!

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-01-2014, 11:37 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gteamer View Post
...If you have any advice for this trip, I am all ears!
I've posted quite a few AZ rides in "MEMBERS RIDES", w/ pics. They'll give you a pretty good idea, as several were in the 'Flag' area.

One I haven't written up, is 89 and 89 ALT south from Flag via Sedona and Prescott, then further south. WICKED good!

Ed
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-01-2014, 09:33 PM

Got to go to Phoenix in April. I was going to fly, but now you've got me thinking about taking the bike. It is for business, so I'd need to take some vacation on one or both sides of the trip, but you've got my wheels turning (pun intended).
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-02-2014, 06:09 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kawdawg View Post
Got to go to Phoenix in April. I was going to fly, but now you've got me thinking about taking the bike. It is for business, so I'd need to take some vacation on one or both sides of the trip, but you've got my wheels turning (pun intended).

I say go for it! You owe it to the Versys!

The mark of an educated mind, is in the ability to entertain a thought without accepting it.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-12-2014, 11:43 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fasteddiecopeman View Post
I've posted quite a few AZ rides in "MEMBERS RIDES", w/ pics. They'll give you a pretty good idea, as several were in the 'Flag' area.

One I haven't written up, is 89 and 89 ALT south from Flag via Sedona and Prescott, then further south. WICKED good!
Nice! I am getting pretty excited for this trip, I have got most of it planned out. The only thing I am having trouble figuring out, is when am I going to sleep.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode