Julian To Borrego Springs 2/23/2014 - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Member Rides Show off your Versys...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-25-2014, 07:00 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage
Julian To Borrego Springs 2/23/2014

Hit some good road and the battery went out on the camera taking photos. So i was playing with with remote and cussing out the camera for awhile.

2009 Blue Versys.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sold
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-25-2014, 08:00 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Thanks for the ride. Been many years since I've been on those roads.

Too many.

Whitehorse Press is going out of business so it's time for a final sale. Signed copies of my book are now $10 with free shipping in the U.S. while they last.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-25-2014, 08:07 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by motociclista View Post
Thanks for the ride. Been many years since I've been on those roads.

Too many.
Well then "Come On Out" Just got back from Malibu :yeah smile: Videos to come...

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-25-2014, 10:47 PM

Dude! Wow, Julian to Borrego and up Montezuma Road, that is my old stomping grounds. Those roads look the same as they were 50 years ago. I travelled so much on those roads and my dad used to hit the dips fast to give us kids a thrill. I see the dips are still the same! Thanks for the ride! I may have to plan a trip to do it on me Goldwing.....
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-25-2014, 11:22 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silasman View Post
Dude! Wow, Julian to Borrego and up Montezuma Road, that is my old stomping grounds. Those roads look the same as they were 50 years ago. I travelled so much on those roads and my dad used to hit the dips fast to give us kids a thrill. I see the dips are still the same! Thanks for the ride! I may have to plan a trip to do it on me Goldwing.....
I've been to Julian a bunch. This was the first time to Borrego Springs. Great Road but in the summer it'll be as hot as hell.

I'm from Ft.Worth. What part of town are you in?

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-26-2014, 04:31 PM

Live in Rendon. You may not recognize my changed alias. Used to be Bill Camxxxxx. Did not know when signed on this forum in 2009 that it was asking for an alias, not my real name! You and I have discussed the SC seat recently.
Yep, it does get hot in Borrego. I actually lived there the first 4 or 5 years of my life. My older sisters went to grammar school in Borrego, then to high school in Julian, before we moved to San Marcos. I went most of my school life to San Marcos schools. We lived in Borrego less than a mile from the old Duvall store. Not sure it is even there anymore! The travelling between Borrego and Escondido was every weekend for groceries, then after we moved to San Marcos, my dad still kept bees on the Borrego property, so we went down there often to get honey and hang out at the old place.
When I was young, I knew every curve that was coming up before we got there. It was great fun seeing that same road again, and recognizing lots of it. Just like ole times!
Oh yeah, you got me started now. I also fondly remember going to Chuck's shoe store in Ramona to buy shoes. Bet that store is long gone!
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-26-2014, 04:49 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silasman View Post
Live in Rendon. You may not recognize my changed alias. Used to be Bill Camxxxxx. Did not know when signed on this forum in 2009 that it was asking for an alias, not my real name! You and I have discussed the SC seat recently.
Yep, it does get hot in Borrego. I actually lived there the first 4 or 5 years of my life. My older sisters went to grammar school in Borrego, then to high school in Julian, before we moved to San Marcos. I went most of my school life to San Marcos schools. We lived in Borrego less than a mile from the old Duvall store. Not sure it is even there anymore! The travelling between Borrego and Escondido was every weekend for groceries, then after we moved to San Marcos, my dad still kept bees on the Borrego property, so we went down there often to get honey and hang out at the old place.
When I was young, I knew every curve that was coming up before we got there. It was great fun seeing that same road again, and recognizing lots of it. Just like ole times!
Oh yeah, you got me started now. I also fondly remember going to Chuck's shoe store in Ramona to buy shoes. Bet that store is long gone!

Yea its out in the middle of nowhere but a cool little place. There was a gas station I think it was called Gringos. What was weird you actually pumped your gas before you paid and they had a guy working the pumps too. Had a flashback to the late sixties early seventies when i saw that.

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-28-2014, 07:22 PM

Weljo, Here is something for you to look for next time you pass thru Borrego..... Have you ever seen "Old Indian Face"? I think that is what they called it. If you look sort of towards the Monteczuma Road from the Christmas circle of "downtown" Borrego, you can see what looks like the face of an Indian, looking up at the sky, along the ridge of the mountains where they meet the sky. I remember staring at those mountains from our family place out in the desert and wondering what else there was in the world besides this hot desert, mesquite trees, rattlesnakes and rats! Not that is was all bad. My folks and sisters remember it as pretty much camping out, that is, no electricity, water from a well, and an outhouse. They remember it as being quite a fun experience for the 10 years they were living there, from about 1944 to 1954. (I was born in 1950).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode