Member Rides Show off your Versys...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-21-2014, 04:59 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Will you support my channel? ***UPDATED VIDEOS***

Hi all,

Not sure where I should post this, but I wanted to plug my YouTube channel:
http://www.youtube.com/user/zordflea
I've only recently been making POV motorcycle riding videos, and was hoping that I could getů

1) Your support by subscribing to my channel.
2) Feedback on how I can make it better.

This is just a fun thing for me to do since I ride all the time. There are a few road trips planned this year (BC Interior, Vancouver Island, West Coast to San Francisco), so I hope to have lots to show. Also, I have some farkles coming from Twisted Throttle (Stebel horn, SW-Motech crash bars, and Leo Vince exhaust) so I will make installation vids too!

Thanks for your time guys.

Last edited by zordflea; 04-14-2014 at 05:01 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-21-2014, 10:47 PM
MTS

Is the camara clipped to your chest?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
( RIDE FREE BE SAFE )
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-22-2014, 02:20 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTS View Post
Is the camara clipped to your chest?
The GoPro is on a chest harness, yes. Earlier videos saw the camera suction mounted to the gas tank, and on the top of my helmet. I think the chest view gives the best results IMO.

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-22-2014, 07:56 AM

I wish the United States would go to the Metric system ( a far superior system of measurements, IMHO) and join the rest of the World. That way, I'd know what your speeds were.
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-22-2014, 10:50 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclesarge View Post
I wish the United States would go to the Metric system ( a far superior system of measurements, IMHO) and join the rest of the World. That way, I'd know what your speeds were.
I prefer the metric system too,band I grew up with it. But here in Canada there are many instances where you will find both imperial and metric used side by side. It's kinda dumb but kinda Canadian...
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-22-2014, 11:14 AM

Wouldn't it be easier for the rest of the world to switch to the imperial system? Do they even have speedometers in the rest of the world?
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-22-2014, 01:33 PM

I'm not sure it's wise to be posting videos of you doing 155kph (96mph) online.

Very few people are going to be interested in watching 25 minutes of you ride around your neighborhood. It might be a fun ride but it's not a great video. Sorry. How many 25 minute raw videos of others have you watched?

My advice would be to make videos that you will still watch in 6 months time. Great roads help, other riders in shot help, shots from off the bike help, more angles from on the bike....basically spice it up as much as you can.

Good luck!
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-22-2014, 01:42 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by waltermitty View Post
Wouldn't it be easier for the rest of the world to switch to the imperial system? Do they even have speedometers in the rest of the world?
WTF???

Actually, America made some changes to the Imperial system too. Liquid measure (gallons & quarts are different) for example, but there must be more?

Canada switched to metric when I was a teen, so I am comfortable with both, and some things didn't change: lumber dimensions are in inches, people usually quote their height in feet/inches, their weight in pounds. Temperature
and liquid measure are metric.

As stated, we are different in Canada. Better at hockey and curling too!

Whoops, sorry to hijack your thread.
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-22-2014, 02:15 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Garage
You asked for feedback. I don't want to sound negative, but..

I think that you should edit your footage. The ride out of town could be shortened considerably.

Sound> can you baffle the wind noise or filter it out with software?

I would like to see a higher viewpoint, the view through screen is annoying due to it being dead centre.

Keep at it, good things take a lot of time. I hope that you find this constructive.
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-22-2014, 08:24 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by alba View Post
I'm not sure it's wise to be posting videos of you doing 155kph (96mph) online.

Very few people are going to be interested in watching 25 minutes of you ride around your neighborhood. It might be a fun ride but it's not a great video. Sorry. How many 25 minute raw videos of others have you watched?

My advice would be to make videos that you will still watch in 6 months time. Great roads help, other riders in shot help, shots from off the bike help, more angles from on the bike....basically spice it up as much as you can.

Good luck!
Thanks for the feedback! As you can tell I'm still very new at this. I only have one GoPro so I still have to play around with different mounting positions.
post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-22-2014, 08:28 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiley View Post
You asked for feedback. I don't want to sound negative, but..

I think that you should edit your footage. The ride out of town could be shortened considerably.

Sound> can you baffle the wind noise or filter it out with software?

I would like to see a higher viewpoint, the view through screen is annoying due to it being dead centre.

Keep at it, good things take a lot of time. I hope that you find this constructive.
Thanks for the feedback!
Yeah, I have a hard time cutting up my footage, but hopefully this little hobby will yield better videos every time. The wind noise is an issue, I use the non-waterproof door and stuff foam inside the case to try and reduce the noise.

Perhaps I could try the chin mounted camera position next?
post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-23-2014, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zordflea View Post
Thanks for the feedback! As you can tell I'm still very new at this. I only have one GoPro so I still have to play around with different mounting positions.
I've been making videos for about 3 years now and really enjoy it. It's a great way to pass the cold winter months while waiting for dry sunny roads!

I've found there are many different ways you can try and make your vids, but I gravitate towards a 4 minute pop type video. Most of my videos I would say are boring but occasionally I think I get it right. The hard thing is when you are making it you have no clue how good or bad it is. Only after some time has passed can I tell. I liked your camera angle and the video quality was excellent, but maybe not as the sole point of view for a whole video. Cameras mounted on the bike give a great impression of speed and lean where a helmet cam captures more scenery, as it sees what you see and not just a slab of road. Riding with friends with cameras also helps change up the views and it means you get to be in the video too!
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-14-2014, 04:57 PM Thread Starter

Check out my latest video attempt.

Last edited by zordflea; 04-14-2014 at 05:00 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode