Twisted Sister - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Member Rides Show off your Versys...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-16-2009, 01:48 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Twisted Sister

TWT has posted a get together to ride the 3 Sisters in Texas on October 24th. Details are still being worked out (meeting places, eating places, etc...).
By then the oppressive Texas heat should have gone down to a less than fatal range. The wife and I plan on being there all weekend and will probably camp at Garner SP.
Anybody here planning on attending? Bear?
Probably be a bit too early to catch the leaves turning at Lost Maples, but there might be a chance. Anything else worth checking out in the area? Will that motorcycle museum be open, or is it a seasonal thing?

Back Off! I'm Already Riding Way Beyond My Abilities.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-16-2009, 02:50 PM
Super Moderator

I'm thinking about it, however I'm not to keen on riding in groups, especially big groups, and even more especially riding the 3 sisters in a big group (how's that for grade school sentencing!). As far as the museum, it is seasonal, but I'm not sure when they close, & I can't seem to find it on their site.

http://lonestarmotorcyclemuseum.com/index.html

Hill Country web site:

http://www.hillcountrycruising.com/

post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-16-2009, 06:34 PM

Maybe a Mid-Texas Versys get together some time Oct/Nov.

Dallas/Houston/Austin/San Antonio - lets pick a spot in the middle. Some place to eat. I figure on eating/talking then turning back home.

What do you say Texans?

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-16-2009, 07:14 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrCrappieKiller View Post
Dallas/Houston/Austin/San Antonio - lets pick a spot in the middle. Some place to eat. I figure on eating/talking then turning back home.
What do you say Texans?
Did you have a place in mind? There's a pie run on the 29th of this month to Sam's in Fairfield. That's about in the middle of things. Don't know if I'll make that one or not. I don't think there's a whole lot of worthwhile roads in the entire state and don't know of anything in the middle of us all.
3 Sisters would be a pretty stinkin long haul for a day trip from Dallas. I wouldn't want to make that a day trip from Houston either. Not too bad from Austin or San Antonio though.

post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-16-2009, 08:00 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:

What do you say Texans?

Yeah, I'd do that.

post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-16-2009, 08:12 PM

I'm in....if y'all let a Ducati guy ride with you. As with BEAR, I'm not big on group rides, but I would like to meet fellow Versys riders to talk with them. Bryan/College Station might be a good area if you're talking a mid-Texas ride.

'I use my cigar smoke as idiot repellent'

Yeah, that’s a statistic sample size of 1, category “anecdotal evidence”, but there it is.

"You just got killed by a Daewoo Lanos motherfu#&er!!" -Red, from Pineapple Express.
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-17-2009, 03:21 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to jovial73
Quote:
Bryan/College Station? Just make sure the Aggies are out of town.

Edit: Bryan/College Station might be a good area if you're talking a mid-Texas ride.

I missed that one, so I second the B/CS idea.
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-17-2009, 04:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jovial73 View Post
Bryan/College Station? Just make sure the Aggies are out of town.

Edit: Bryan/College Station might be a good area if you're talking a mid-Texas ride.

I missed that one, so I second the B/CS idea.
I was thinking Bryan/College Station also - but i don't know the area at all. Maybe some folks have an idea where a good place to meet here.

I hear ya on the Aggie's. I'll be wearing my Longhorns shirt for sure.

potus2012 - most roads suck around here, unless you like flat-Hot.

post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-17-2009, 05:24 PM

if your planning to stay at garner state park , check on getting a camp site ,they are booked up year round . we were there on saturday they wouldnt let us drive throught the park it was so full. and yes it was hot, 105

Last edited by bultaco; 08-17-2009 at 05:35 PM.
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-17-2009, 05:50 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
potus2012 - most roads suck around here, unless you like flat-Hot.
I know. Careful though you might anger the Bear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bultaco View Post
if your planning to stay at garner state park , check on getting a camp site ,they are booked up year round . we were there on saturday they wouldnt let us drive throught the park it was so full. and yes it was hot, 105
Already made my reservation. There are still plenty of campsites and screened shelters available for that weekend.

post #11 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-17-2009, 06:06 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by potus2012 View Post
I know. Careful though you might anger the Bear.

...er, uh, I mean

It's not my fault you guys live in the flat boring part of Texas....

post #12 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-17-2009, 06:42 PM
Super Moderator

Ok, funny Hill Country story. This past Saturday, on my way home from riding out that way, I stopped in the town of Medina to take a leak. I go inside the gas station/store/eatery & head for the men's room. I open the door & note the extensive amount of scribbling on the walls.

I step up to the urinal & read a few lines as I'm doin' my business, & I can't believe what I'm reading. One line said something about voting liberal. Someone scratched through it & wrote "you mean libertarian". Right next to that were a few nasty words directed toward the previous phrases & saying to vote conservative. There were many lines like this, even a few about Hillary Clinton doin' nasty things to someone, or something like that.

I couldn't help but think "What has this country come to? Even our bathroom graffiti has turned political..."

I took a few pictures with my phone, but they're really crappy.

(no pun intended...)

post #13 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-17-2009, 08:45 PM Thread Starter

It was a good pun, intend it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bear on a bicycle View Post

...er, uh, I mean

It's not my fault you guys live in the flat boring part of Texas....
It's ALL flat and boring. The so called "Hill Country" is just a mirage seen by many people suffering delirium from the oppressive heat.
OK, that might not be entirely correct. There may be some "hills" where the otherwise flat land buckled and warped in the heat...

post #14 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-22-2009, 03:23 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by potus2012 View Post
It's ALL flat and boring. The so called "Hill Country" is just a mirage seen by many people suffering delirium from the oppressive heat.
OK, that might not be entirely correct. There may be some "hills" where the otherwise flat land buckled and warped in the heat...

Yep, you are correct, the so called "Hill Country" is nothing more than elaborate delusions from the heat...

No curves here...

or here...

or here...

But there are a few wrinkles from the heat, though...

It took me a couple of hours & one helluva bacon cheeseburger to find the above examples, but it was well worth it. By the way, it was 90 degrees @ 10 am on this morning's ride. When I got home @ 2 pm, it was 97, heading for a high of 101. So yeah, there may be some truth to that theory of yours....

P.S. This is 337 between Leakey & Camp Wood.

Last edited by Bear on a bicycle; 08-23-2009 at 10:11 AM.
post #15 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-25-2009, 06:28 AM

Hello all, dont normally post up but beware I am always lurking around the site...lol great site .. I have had my V for 3 months and looking for somewhere to go. Get together sounds fun . let me know where and when. Mel in Corpus Christi,Texas
post #16 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-06-2009, 09:51 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwanjura View Post
just ordered seat yesterday. Customer service was excellent will give a full ride report when i receive it. Heading to the motorcycle museum on friday where you at bear?
Spotted another Versys on 337 today, on my way to Leakey. Was it you kwanjura?? Anybody here??

Oh, & the weather was SO nice today!

Last edited by Bear on a bicycle; 09-06-2009 at 09:54 PM.
post #17 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-07-2009, 10:18 PM

hey bear did 400 mile friday. Last 15 in rain. Rode 337 between vanderpool and leakey then went to the lone star motorcycle museum. Last hundred miles rear started to get numb , should get baldwin seat tuesday morning. Hopefully will be able to give a ride report soon as I also ride to work as weather permits. can not wait to get back up there to ride all of the three sisters.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode