Butt Pucker Moment - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Member Rides Show off your Versys...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 22 (permalink) Old 12-28-2013, 08:55 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage
Butt Pucker Moment

One of the Harley Guys On The Ride Today Had A Butt Pucker Moment. Good Thing He Was Wearing Leather Pants,They'll Be Easier To Clean The Crap Out Of Them...

2009 Blue Versys.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sold
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 (permalink) Old 12-28-2013, 09:09 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
I couldn't make out what he hit....what was it?
post #3 of 22 (permalink) Old 12-28-2013, 09:19 PM

It almost looks like he super overreacted to the tree shadow on the ground.

2012 Kawasaki Versys 650 - 20,500 miles
2000 Volvo V70XC 2.4T - 258,000 miles

post #4 of 22 (permalink) Old 12-28-2013, 09:29 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sykes View Post
It almost looks like he super overreacted to the tree shadow on the ground.

Heres what he posted on the group forum:

I got distracted when looking at gas gauge. Have to emergency break because I was going a lil fast while something on the middle of road. Damn that pseudo-crash-butt-shakin*g-thingy scared me.

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

Last edited by weljo2001; 12-28-2013 at 10:45 PM.
post #5 of 22 (permalink) Old 12-28-2013, 09:37 PM
MTS

HOLY [email protected]#!

So weljo do you think he was checking his gas level, looked up and saw the tree shadow and tried to lock up the brakes?

The shadow was dark looking!

( RIDE FREE BE SAFE )
post #6 of 22 (permalink) Old 12-28-2013, 10:00 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTS View Post
HOLY [email protected]#!

So weljo do you think he was checking his gas level, looked up and saw the tree shadow and tried to lock up the brakes?

The shadow was dark looking!

Thats what it looked like to me. He said he saw something in the road but i was right behind him and the only thing i saw was the shadow too.

There was a lot of sand and gravel farther up ahead.

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #7 of 22 (permalink) Old 12-28-2013, 10:31 PM

At least he held it together, that could've turned out a lot worse.

Good thing there was nothing coming the other way!

Lovin every minute of it!
post #8 of 22 (permalink) Old 12-29-2013, 05:59 AM

Show how effective the rear brake is.
post #9 of 22 (permalink) Old 12-29-2013, 11:08 AM
Banned

Exclamation

I commented after seeing one of your other ride-out vids that I don't like to ride in groups because you are continually having to adjust to other people's (bad) riding & I know that guy is one of your regular riding buddies but if I were you (IMHO) I would take up the lead position in future because being the rear gunner is going to slap you on the butt some time soon......

.......................Just sayin'.................
post #10 of 22 (permalink) Old 12-29-2013, 11:12 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to kiwi 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by Britmick View Post
I would take up the lead position in future because being the rear gunner is going to slap you on the butt some time soon......

Being lead may have issues to, when a HD slides into your rear end!
post #11 of 22 (permalink) Old 12-29-2013, 01:54 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Britmick View Post
I commented after seeing one of your other ride-out vids that I don't like to ride in groups because you are continually having to adjust to other people's (bad) riding & I know that guy is one of your regular riding buddies but if I were you (IMHO) I would take up the lead position in future because being the rear gunner is going to slap you on the butt some time soon......

Never rode with this guy or a lot of the others that day. Thats why i usually stay to the back or leave enough of a gap to avoid a problem. My 2 riding buddies have never been on a ride with this group.

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #12 of 22 (permalink) Old 12-29-2013, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by weljo2001 View Post
Never rode with this guy or a lot of the others that day. Thats why i usually stay to the back or leave enough of a gap to avoid a problem. My 2 riding buddies have never been on a ride with this group.
One reason I hate riding in a large group.

He was very lucky no one was coming. I saw a rider almost taken out doing something like that. He was lucky too. The oncoming driver saw what was going on a layed on HIS brakes and ran off the road to save the biker.

While I love to ride Hocking Hill in Ohio, where this happened, it can be a bit risky at time, lots of blind corners.

Or was that look THEN leap?

2012 650 Versys

Last edited by Time; 12-30-2013 at 08:44 AM.
post #13 of 22 (permalink) Old 12-29-2013, 04:03 PM
Banned

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwi 41 View Post
Being lead may have issues to, when a HD slides into your rear end!
post #14 of 22 (permalink) Old 12-30-2013, 08:18 AM

Harley guys love me some rear brake. LOL. I have a Harley buddy who doesn't use his front brakes because he has twin disks up front and actually told me he uses only the rear because it's cheaper to replace only one set of pads. True story. I've seen him slide out of control skidding the rear brake. He smashed up his bike once, bent forks and all because of it. Still has the original front pads though .
post #15 of 22 (permalink) Old 12-30-2013, 08:44 AM
MTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by blipco View Post
Harley guys love me some rear brake. LOL. I have a Harley buddy who doesn't use his front brakes because he has twin disks up front and actually told me he uses only the rear because it's cheaper to replace only one set of pads. True story. I've seen him slide out of control skidding the rear brake. He smashed up his bike once, bent forks and all because of it. Still has the original front pads though .
Thats funny! You got me laughing, funny post! Good Lord! How do people come up with this stuff!

( RIDE FREE BE SAFE )
post #16 of 22 (permalink) Old 12-30-2013, 08:50 AM

Quote:
That is priceless. Has he tried to tell you how to lay your V down if you have to stop suddenly?

Ride To Live, Live To Ride....no, really!
post #17 of 22 (permalink) Old 12-30-2013, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Tig View Post
That is priceless. Has he tried to tell you how to lay your V down if you have to stop suddenly?
No, but with 50,000 on his bike he said it was time for a fork rebuild anyway. Plus, even though there was nothing wrong with the lower section of his forks (he slid into the rear bumper of a car, hit it with his wheel and bent both fork tubes slightly at the lower tree, had to replace lower tree also) he used this oppertunity to change his brushed alluminum lowers with chromed ones. True Harley guy. Still doesn't cover the front brake while riding, not comfortable he says.
post #18 of 22 (permalink) Old 12-31-2013, 11:17 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTS View Post
Thats funny! You got me laughing, funny post! Good Lord! How do people come up with this stuff!
A woman I know has some scars on her chin under her lower lip. The other day she was telling me how (it happened riding a Harley...) LUCKY she was that she wasn't wearing a full-face helmet, as she'd have broken her neck...!

I agree - WHERE do they come up w/ this crap...?

Ed

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

post #19 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-02-2014, 05:03 PM

Imagine a mass group ride of Harley's. The noise, the close proximity of the bikes. You would need to have confidence in your fellow riders. The Sturgess gathering must be "unreal" to attend.
post #20 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-03-2014, 09:11 AM

Don't ride with Hardley riders, they will get you killed.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode