Lake Cuyamaca Ride 12/15/2013 - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Member Rides Show off your Versys...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-17-2013, 10:41 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage
Lake Cuyamaca Ride 12/15/2013

Went out Sunday with my 2 riding buddies and rode with a group we used to ride with out to Lake Cuyamaca. Its just out past Julian. Weather started off cold once off the Ortega Hwy in Lake Elsinore it was time to take off any extra clothes because the weather was perfect. Then getting close to julian the temperature dropped big time. Glad i had the heated grips. Its was a really good ride with some good folks and food but the pie was below average. Leaving Julian it got really windy blowing people all over the road.

Photo Montage... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O2UNwPkNoWM

Drift Camera Photos.. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WlNgAvwI-ts

Ride to Lake Cuyamaca.. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PuAvDPrr2IM

Leaving Lake Cuyamaca.. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tF3BEIadrM4

2009 Blue Versys.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sold
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-17-2013, 12:31 PM
rlj

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Only have time to catch the first video and saw you had the new seat on, what are your initial impressions? Took me a few rides before it felt right however I did like it a lot......

13 Yamaha FJR 1300
09 Kawasaki KLX 250S
05 HD Sportster Roadster 1200
02 Malaguti F12 Phantom 49cc Italian Scooter
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-17-2013, 12:58 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by rlj View Post
Only have time to catch the first video and saw you had the new seat on, what are your initial impressions? Took me a few rides before it felt right however I did like it a lot......

Did just over 300 miles that day. When i bought the seat i thought i wouldn't like it too much. That it would be just a little better than stock but that would be it. But wanted to try one out to add to the list of other seats i've had. Went to throw the leg over the seat and remembered one of the reasons i got the flat seat makes it easier for me to get my bad leg over. But it wasn't an issue just have to re-adjust to it and it has plenty of padding for a passenger. Sitting on the bike and the first thing i noticed is that it gets rid of the forward slide completely,better than any seat i've had so far. Sitting on it reminded me of my Baldwin Tall Saddle which is a good thing. The ride was very nice no butt pain what so ever wish i could slide back farther on it like my flat seat but the pillion area i used as a back rest for my lower back. So far i'm very impressed with it.

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-17-2013, 02:25 PM
Banned

Question

I'm surprised there wasn't much "helmet comments" going on when you arrived at the Lake café with all the dithering about your chopper buddies were doing while deciding where to park!!!

Nice ride all the same, & about the same pace l go at when I go riding with the missus at weekends.......(S l o w !!!)
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-17-2013, 03:10 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Britmick View Post
I'm surprised there wasn't much "helmet comments" going on when you arrived at the Lake café with all the dithering about your chopper buddies were doing while deciding where to park!!!

Nice ride all the same, & about the same pace l go at when I go riding with the missus at weekends.......(S l o w !!!)
I was the sweep and my 2 buddies always ride in front of me. We stay to the back to stay away from harms way..They guy on the chopper was really having a bad day in the corners and almost caused a pile up early on and had to stop all the time to gas up or pee. Thats why we took off on our own coming back. The group was going to hit freeway coming home but we took all back roads.

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-17-2013, 03:44 PM
Banned

Red face

I know it's good to have other 'bikers (or even regular folks! ) at a café stop or view point to chat with & talk the talk, but other than a weekly (weather permitting) bimble out with the missus on her Shadow I much prefer to ride alone & just enjoy the scenery, or demolish a few bends, or just sit & have a packed lunch looking over some beauty spot while the 'bike 'ticks' while contracting in the background.
I think my last "group" ride was pre 2006 (when I emigrated to the USA) & I got my wrists slapped for not waiting for the tortoises in the group on our annual VFR weekend in Wales. (I did actually wait at the turn-off for 20 minutes & just gave up on them, & b4 anyone else has a go at me, we all had cell phones & there were 3 x 2up bikes in the s l o w group!)
& anyway,the slow & unprogressive riding of most of the group really screwed up the whole riding experience for me!

(Oh wait, I just remembered I did group ride in the off-road areas of Las Vegas with some 'bikers who really could ride, but even though l didn't have the desert/rock/gravel experience they did, I pushed myself & did keep up with them because I wouldn't want to slow anyone down or I just wouldn't have gone out with them anymore)

But, at the end of the day, it's a case of To Each His Own.

Last edited by Britmick; 12-17-2013 at 03:50 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode