Guzzi Rally - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Member Rides Show off your Versys...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-02-2009, 06:14 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Guzzi Rally

Al asked me on Friday if I wanted to ride up to Cruso N.C. to Blueridge Campground for a Guzzi rally. Of course I am all about going for a ride. Got up at 5am on Sat. grabbed a cup of coffee and off I went. It was foggy and really cool. Could not see more then 50 foot at times. The deer were out in full force. Just getting to Blairsville was a drain. Meet up with Al at Mulky Gap road and we headed to N.C. and it was foggy damn near the whole way to Franklin. We were damp and cold but enjoyed every minute of it. We got to the campgound about 9am or so. Walked around looking at bikes and then had some gravy and biscuit and another cup of coffee. The campground is in a great location on hwy 276 just a few miles from the Blue Ridge Parkway. 276 is a nice road a little bumpy but nothing you cannot live with. We hung around for a while and headed to Hendersonville to an open house at Moto Nexus motorsports. A small dealership but very nice people. Had a free lunch and headed back towards Ga. ,Al had never been on hwy 107 and really enjoyed it. It was another great ride that was somewhere around 350 miles. We went through three climate changes during the day ,from cold and damp to hot and sunny and then spring like showers in the evening. The Versys and Vstrom make great bikes for these kind of rides. We did have a little fun avoiding a ticket on 180. We met an unmarked car near Vogel and he slammed on his brakes and tried to turn around by that time we were gone. Al can haul ass on 180 so it was all I could to keep him from running over me. He has to be the best rider that I know. I would call Sat. a perfect 10.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-02-2009, 09:40 AM

Great pics looks like you had great weather and lotsa guzzis of course

post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-02-2009, 01:40 PM

Looked like a great ride. Wish i was still healthy enough to make the Guzzi ralleys. Great people and low key. Guzzi was the best and most trouble free bikes i have ever owned. Traveled all over on them. Just the dealership network is so small and far between. Went to the Versys for the lighter weight and works great for my short 100 mile rides now. Glad you had a good ride and avoided a ticket.

Yamaha Secca II
1600 Classic-sold
08 Verseys
1986 Corvette

Life is not a practice run. Enjoy each and every day.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-04-2009, 05:40 PM Thread Starter

I wish I could afford two bikes ,I would have me one of those Grisos. It will be a long time before that will ever happen.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode