Big Trip 2013 - Back to BC - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Member Rides Show off your Versys...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 29 (permalink) Old 12-04-2013, 07:27 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Big Trip 2013 - Back to BC

Well it's that time of year again (maybe even a bit later than normal) and I've started on the Big Trip videos. This year we welcomed (Kawaskiversys.com's own) Kiffer along, who took a TON of video. Due to some time constraints we didn't make it much further than BC/WA, but we put on some KMs, drank some rum, and had a lot of fun. Here's Day 1, hope you like it.

No Video

Whitey Jr
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 29 (permalink) Old 12-04-2013, 12:25 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Jeff - GREAT having BT2013 started! Glad Chris joined in (he keeps threatening to head down to AZ...), and looking forward to the rest of your trip!

Ed
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

post #3 of 29 (permalink) Old 12-04-2013, 01:35 PM

So cool, i watch your channel on YouTube like a tv show big fan

People are more violently opposed to fur than leather because it's safer to harass rich women than motorcycle gangs.

post #4 of 29 (permalink) Old 12-04-2013, 10:41 PM

Well...I'm hooked! Subscribed on YouTube!
post #5 of 29 (permalink) Old 12-05-2013, 09:53 AM

Thought you had forgot about us who live vicariously through your exploits. Thanks for posting and keep em coming.
post #6 of 29 (permalink) Old 12-07-2013, 10:58 PM

Quote:
(he keeps threatening to head down to AZ...)
Eddie, I'd be there in a heartbeat if I could get the time away from the family, but it's tough when the kids are little. At some point I will get down there and get you to show me all the best backroads in the area. Since it's -38 with wind chill here right now I'm really wishing I was in AZ.

Whitey, great job as usual. You even made me seem not too Jar-Jar-like! I'm already looking forward to Episode 2 - and I was there!

Chris
2017 Versys X
1991 TS200R

post #7 of 29 (permalink) Old 12-07-2013, 11:12 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
post #8 of 29 (permalink) Old 12-08-2013, 10:13 AM

Nice to see the first vid of BT13. Looking forward to more. This time of year when the bike's parked we can live vicariously through your video ....thanks man!

Lovin every minute of it!
post #9 of 29 (permalink) Old 01-09-2014, 07:17 AM Thread Starter

Now that the holiday craziness is over, I finally got Day 2 finished. This was a really fun day, full of ups and downs (figuratively and literally). Hope you like it!

No Video

-Whitey Jr
post #10 of 29 (permalink) Old 01-09-2014, 09:02 AM

I liked it - both the video and the actual ride!

Nice work Whitey!

Chris
2017 Versys X
1991 TS200R

post #11 of 29 (permalink) Old 01-09-2014, 09:53 AM
Banned

Thumbs up

Good job on the vid; production guys!!!
I can't wait for next month's DAY 3 premier!!

PS,Whitey, are Triumphs not supposed to leak, they all did when I was a snotty kid (as opposed to now being a snotty adult!) back in England!!!
post #12 of 29 (permalink) Old 01-09-2014, 10:34 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Britmick View Post
Good job on the vid; production guys!!!
I can't wait for next month's DAY 3 premier!!

PS,Whitey, are Triumphs not supposed to leak, they all did when I was a snotty kid (as opposed to now being a snotty adult!) back in England!!!
Firstly - I'm really glad that Hammy had a good "dump" at Lake Louise....

Regarding your oil leak Jeff - at D2D one of the guys there on a Triumph had to forgo some riding while waiting for a part to be FedExed in (sorry, can't remember WHAT part it was) to fix an oil leak. Once it had been repaired SOMEBODY poured a small amount under the engine to 'get his attention'....

Gotta do that Hwy 31A this spring.

Ed

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC

post #13 of 29 (permalink) Old 02-09-2014, 11:44 AM Thread Starter

Finally got Day 3 done. A lot happened this day, so this one is close to 20 mins. Enjoy!

No Video

Whitey Jr
post #14 of 29 (permalink) Old 02-09-2014, 01:25 PM
Super Moderator

I thought that 31A was the BEST BC road, but you say 3A to New Denver. Which one IS...?

(Good ride report Jeff, but don't be surprised when oil leaks from a Triumph....)

Ed

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC

post #15 of 29 (permalink) Old 02-25-2014, 04:03 PM

Fast Eddie, it depends on who is doing the ranking and when they did it. 31A was excellent, as was 3A. If I had to rate them myself I'd probably put 31A ahead of 3A because of the lower traffic volume and the fact that the north half of 3A has a 60 km/h speed limit.

If you want a great stretch of twisties the 23 miles from Oxbow OR to the Hell's Canyon Dam in ID is probably the best and lowest traffic stretch I've ever ridden. It's the 3A without the reduced speed limit, the development along the road, and the traffic. Oh, and desert scenery instead of pine forest.

Good work again Whitey! Day 3 was sure a blast after you found out your bike didn't have cancer - just a small cyst that was easily removed...

Chris
2017 Versys X
1991 TS200R

post #16 of 29 (permalink) Old 02-26-2014, 02:41 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiffernathan View Post
Fast Eddie, it depends on who is doing the ranking and when they did it. 31A was excellent, as was 3A. If I had to rate them myself I'd probably put 31A ahead of 3A because of the lower traffic volume and the fact that the north half of 3A has a 60 km/h speed limit.

If you want a great stretch of twisties the 23 miles from Oxbow OR to the Hell's Canyon Dam in ID is probably the best and lowest traffic stretch I've ever ridden. It's the 3A without the reduced speed limit, the development along the road, and the traffic. Oh, and desert scenery instead of pine forest.

Good work again Whitey! Day 3 was sure a blast after you found out your bike didn't have cancer - just a small cyst that was easily removed...
Chris - IF you ever get down here during the "season", I'll show you some even TWISTIER roads, w/ very little traffic. As for the one you mentioned in OR to ID... when we return to BC each year I'm just about OUT of days to visit the US....

Ed

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC

post #17 of 29 (permalink) Old 03-24-2014, 07:46 PM

Garage
Part four anytime soon?
post #18 of 29 (permalink) Old 03-25-2014, 11:45 AM Thread Starter

Sorry for the delay.....I'm just off of 3-weeks of night shifts (no time to edit), also STILL waiting on some files from Hammy. I already have about half the episode done, so hopefully will be done and posted within the next week.

Whitey Jr
post #19 of 29 (permalink) Old 03-28-2014, 07:27 AM Thread Starter

OK...sorry for the delay (still meeting my goal of posting at least one a month though). Here is Day 4. Another beautiful sunny day of riding great roads, and hanging out with great friends.

No Video

Whitey Jr
post #20 of 29 (permalink) Old 03-28-2014, 08:12 AM

Nice! Thanks for posting. That area is my favorite place to ride!

Lovin every minute of it!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode