Birthday adventure - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Member Rides Show off your Versys...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 07-20-2009, 04:56 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Birthday adventure

Since the 17th was my 58th birthday I will call this three day ride my birthday ride. I left the house at 6:15 am on Friday morning. It was a gloomy start. Clouds and humid and I thought it would be a rainy day. The first photo was on Skeenah Gap shortly after leaving the house. Looks pretty sad. Met up with Stanley at Blairsville at 7am and we headed to Haysville N.C. to meet up with JC. Had breakfast and headed off for the Blue Ridge Parkway. We took hwy 28 out of Franklin N.C. just for the fun of it. A tricky road to ride and will put a smile on your face. From there we go to Cherokee N.C. for the start of the Blue Ridge Parkway. The weather changed in a hurry. It was windy ,damp and foggy. The higher we went the colder it got. It did not take long to zip the air vents up. As you can see in the pictures it looked rough. We made it to Pisgah Inn for lunch. It was nice to rest and have a good lunch. Traffic was light and we made good time. Hit one shower in the Ashville area but it did not last long. The rear wheel bearing went out on JC's Uly so we had to come up with a plan. Found a Harley dealer in Hickory N.C. that would fix it on Sat. morning. We made it to Little Switzerland with out any problems but I was worried that the bearing might lock up. Never did and things went okay. They have a motorcycle resort and it was very nice. Got settled in ,met up with Fred and had a cold beer. Talked and ate then us being the old men we are went to bed. JC got up and headed to Hickory to get his bike. We headed to Linville Falls for some breakfast. We ate at Louise's Rock House cafe and the breakfast was great. While waiting for JC we decided to loop back around to the lodge. We took 221 until we got to 226a, 226A is a fun road and a must ride. JC called and everything went smooth. The dealership fixed the Uly and we met up at Blowing Rock N.C. and went onto to Boone for some lunch. We decided to go north and loop into Tn. and then back south to the lodge. Had a nice ride. Traffic was heavy no matter where you were at. 194 was a rough road. It was a real work out. Curves and rough pavement are not what I am used to. Made it back to the lodge and rested up for the ride back home on Sunday. We rode south on Hwy 9 and this is one fun road. Stanley and I looped around N.C. S.C. and back into Ga. ,JC and Fred went back down the parkway. It was a great way to start off another year.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 07-20-2009, 04:56 PM Thread Starter

Map of the ride

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?hl=en...cb7d4fb73a&z=8

post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 07-20-2009, 04:57 PM Thread Starter

Pictures

http://s43.photobucket.com/albums/e3...y%20adventure/

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode