Coast to coast - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Member Rides Show off your Versys...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-03-2009, 06:44 AM Thread Starter
rbl

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Coast to coast

Arrived in New Brunswick last night after 5800 kms in the last seven days. Left Squamish on the 26th and rode to Creston bc the first day via highway three. Day two dropped into Idaho and picked up route two through Montana. Stayed at the park at Fort Peck. Day three took me to North Dakota. Weather was awesome aside from crosswinds. On through in Michigan and into rain so into hotel in Marquette. Back into Canada at the Sault on day five and spent the night in Sudbury. On into more rain along highway seventeen. Dropped back into the USA at Malone NY (no idea the border was closed at Cornwall). Rain, hail, thunder!! It got interesting. Cleared up in the evening for a nice ride down through Lake Champlain. Final day along route two through torrential rain and continuous construction! Route nine from Bangor to Calais and the sun came out and traffic disappeared.

V ran great!! The new Roadsmarts wore well and handled nicely. The saddle sucks . I saw Harleys beyond counting, hundreds of BMWs, lots of sport tourers and Vstroms but not a single other Versys!!

No drama! Nearly hit one small deer and a low flying duck is all. The heated jacket liner is the best investment I have ever made!

Off to Iceland on Thursday and when I get back in August I will have a more leisurely ride back to BC.

Last edited by rbl; 07-03-2009 at 07:52 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-03-2009, 08:22 AM
Super Moderator

post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-03-2009, 09:23 AM

Wow, I admire your fortitude. I just got back from the Kootenays myself. The Salmo pass is a good ride on a motorcycle.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-28-2009, 12:54 PM Thread Starter
rbl

Home again home again. I took the long way home, 8,000 kms down through New England, across through West Virginia west into Colorado and north through Idaho into Washington. The versys ran flawlessly. The Dunlop Roadsmarts now have over 15,000 kms on them - much of it flat roads and very hot weather and the rear is just to the wearbars, they still handled the run across route 20 in the North Cascades perfectly.

After taking 800+ photos while in Iceland (I'll post a link once I upload them if anyone is interested) I was burnt out and did not take many on the way home. In Iceland I rented a Vstrom for a day and did some very entertaining riding two up with luggage and some marginal roads, including being lost in the middle of nowhere at 3am. I was worried after riding the Vstrom I might have picked the wrong bike, but the Versys is still much better!

Weird to be back home after over two months of travel.

RBL

07 Versys, orange.
givi e21's & pelican 1550
warm&safe dual heattroller
fender extender (unknown brand)
rear hugger
madstad bracket
vario windscreen
handguards (dr650?)
klr front and rear signals
hb crashbars
flatfoot
lowering pegs
ctech fuse panel
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-28-2009, 03:51 PM
Super Moderator

Glad you made it through ok!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode