Need help planning a route......... - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Member Rides Show off your Versys...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-03-2013, 11:22 AM Thread Starter
Banned

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Question Need help planning a route.........

I have maybe 5 days/4 nights of time available to travel from my home in Branson,MO (near to Springfield,MO) to wherever!!!

I don't really want to travel West as l've "been there,done that!" so should l go due East & hit places like Louisville Kentucky then try for the Appalachians or should l go south thro' Arkansas & Louisiana & head for the coast.
either way l would like to include Memphis on the trip.
It's not the destination that matters, but the journey!(ie;I don't want to travel 2 days of boring road so l can see the Appalations or New Orleans!)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-03-2013, 12:28 PM

Arkansas has some incredible twisties. East Texas many gently swaying roads through the pine trees.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-03-2013, 01:05 PM

The triangle of North Georgia, North Carolina and Tennessee has some of the best motorcycle roads. Lots of motorcycle friendly places to stay overnight too. If you head this way, pm me I'll give you plenty route idea.

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-03-2013, 02:36 PM Thread Starter
Banned

OK...how does this sound,(& please tell me if there's any monumentaly boring roads between suggested cities)

Branson MO- Little Rock Arkansas-Memphis Tennesee-Knoxville-Colombia Georgia-Atlanta-Montgomery Alabama-Mobile-Baton Rouge or New Orleans then home via Shrevport & Arkansas???
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-03-2013, 03:06 PM

I live on the Texas coast, near the Louisiana border. For those that have never been to the Gulf coast, it would probably be a wonderful sight. To those of us that live here, well, meh.
In a couple of weeks, I'm heading north to Broken Bow, Ok. on a Friday, spending the night, then up to the Talimena Parkway, east to Mena, then Glenwood, Ar., and south to Murfreesboro, Ar. The following day, I'll be at Crater of Diamonds State Park, getting my hands dirty. Will ride back home after I've struck it rich...lol. About 1000 miles for the weekend but, not a hurried pace. Plus, I'm off for the few days following so, the plans/route may change mid-trip. I don't like being on a tight schedule.
I've ridden most of northern Arkansas (mostly between Eureka Springs and Push Mountain) and there are plenty of great roads. All these years, I've driven by or through all these other places on my way there, and decided to stop and smell the proverbial roses this time around.

2012 Versys
2007 Honda VTX 1800C
Sold everything else
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-03-2013, 03:56 PM

Drop down from Mongomery, AL to Troy, AL on US 231... to Enterprise, AL on AL 167/FL 79... to Panama City, FL... spend a night with us then head west to Mobile, AL and pick up your route from there.

GeneHil - Mount Dora, FL
2011 Kawasaki Versys
Viet Nam: Dec67-Dec68 & Jul69-Dec72
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-03-2013, 08:13 PM Thread Starter
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by genehil View Post
Drop down from Mongomery, AL to Troy, AL on US 231... to Enterprise, AL on AL 167/FL 79... to Panama City, FL... spend a night with us then head west to Mobile, AL and pick up your route from there.
Thankya most kindly sir...................l'll check out the miles etc tomorrow when l'm not so full on cheap Aldi's Merlot 'n' see if it's an option.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-04-2013, 05:46 PM Thread Starter
Banned

Hey genehil, it looks like l could manage to visit you as long as the weather passes by you before Tuesday/Wednesday.

http://news.yahoo.com/gulf-coast-bra...204654093.html

PS, my sister is called Karen!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode