Close Call - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Member Rides Show off your Versys...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-15-2013, 08:53 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage
Close Call

Guys up front make a quick turn. I'm checking my mirror to see if i can clear the car on my left. I'm still on the gas to pass the car on the left. The guy in front of me slows to let the car pass and drifts a little to the right. Camera Drift Ghost

2009 Blue Versys.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sold
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-15-2013, 09:10 AM
Banned

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Seems like the lead rider wasn't taking into consideration what was happening with his posse......that's one of the reasons I don't like riding in groups!

Also, great resolution from the camera Joe, & what did you edit out of the sequence????
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-15-2013, 11:14 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Britmick View Post
Seems like the lead rider wasn't taking into consideration what was happening with his posse......that's one of the reasons I don't like riding in groups!

Also, great resolution from the camera Joe, & what did you edit out of the sequence????

Yea the lead guy has a habit of making quick maneuvers. The guy on the red bike is a pretty new rider and very cautious so i should have known he would slow down instead of speed up to get by the car on the left. I usually leave enough space when following most people i just didn't expect him to drift to the right. I didn't edit out anything i just did a freeze frame to show how close we got at that point. The only thing i said during that was "Damn" But if i would have hit him it would have been my fault because your suppose to follow at a safe distance not matter what the circumstance.

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-15-2013, 12:33 PM Thread Starter

Garage
The guy on the red bike was feeling really bad about what almost happened and was blaming himself. So heres a e-mail i sent him letting him know he did nothing wrong. I don't want to discourage a new rider especially when he wasn't at fault.

Hey Frank,

Posted up a video of our close call yesterday. You didn't do anything wrong the lead should never make quick maneuvers like that. It puts the people behind them in a bad situation. I was expecting you to speed up to get around the truck in the left lane instead of slowing down. So that was my fault for guessing what i thought you would do. I always leave enough space when following someone for events like yesterday. So you didn't do anything wrong you were just between two others who made bad decisions.
Joseph

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-15-2013, 02:53 PM

Garage
Nice yellow gloves
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-15-2013, 03:18 PM
MTS

Holy sh#$! That could have been bad! Glad you guys are ok! Lesson learned!

What kind of gloves and jacket do you have weljo? They look awesome! Hi-Vis!

( RIDE FREE BE SAFE )
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-15-2013, 03:19 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaverickAus View Post
Nice yellow gloves
http://www.amazon.com/Mechanix-Wear-SMG-91-010-Original-Hi-Viz/dp/B001GS6NQA/ref=pd_sim_hi_8

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-15-2013, 03:32 PM

What happen to the horn???
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-15-2013, 03:33 PM

Better close than contact! Nice escape.
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-15-2013, 03:39 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by King.Versys View Post
What happen to the horn???

It was evade or honk.

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #11 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-15-2013, 03:46 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTS View Post

Heres the jacket..http://www.amazon.com/Speed-Strength-Trial-Fire-Jacket/dp/B007BKQRQI Everyone seems to have the same price on this jacket.

I posted the gloves earlier... They are just the Mechanix gloves in Hi-viz. Not much use in a crash but they are light and cool in the heat and people can really see if you have to flip them off.

I was looking at this jacket but they didn't have my size in the Hi-Viz...Now they have no size in the Hi-Viz..http://www.motorcyclegear.com/street...le_jacket.html

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #12 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-15-2013, 04:25 PM
Banned

All well that ends well

Good thing or your insurance would be paying for his medical and bike repairs

"Who is liable in a rear-end collision?

Rear-end collisions are one of the most prevalent auto accident types.
If a driver's vehicle is struck from behind by another vehicle, the
resulting accident is nearly always the striking driver's fault.
This holds true regardless of the reason for the first driver's stop or slow down. Why?

Because
basic traffic laws mandate a driver must be able to come to a safe stop if the vehicle(s) ahead stops or slows down.
Incidentally, this traffic rule also governs sudden stops.
If the subsequent driver
cannot come to a safe stop, chances are he or she is not driving in a safe manner
and probably not as safely as the driver in front of him or her."

Last edited by Seeya; 09-15-2013 at 04:56 PM.
post #13 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-15-2013, 04:51 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seeya View Post
All well that ends well
Good thing or your insurance would be paying for his medical and bike repairs

"Who is liable in a rear-end collision?

Rear-end collisions are one of the most prevalent auto accident types.
If a driver's vehicle is struck from behind by another vehicle, the
resulting accident is nearly always the striking driver's fault.
This holds true regardless of the reason for the first driver's stop or slow down. Why?

Because
basic traffic laws mandate a driver must be able to come to a safe stop if the vehicle(s) ahead stops or slows down.
Incidentally, this traffic rule also governs sudden stops.
If the subsequent driver
cannot come to a safe stop, chances are he or she is not driving in a safe manner
and probably not as safely as the driver in front of him or her."

Yes. Please read above posts. I believe i covered that. But glad you posted it for those that don't know.

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

Last edited by weljo2001; 09-15-2013 at 04:55 PM.
post #14 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-25-2013, 10:54 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:

Now the jacket is on sale......http://www.motorcyclegear.com/street...m_medium=email

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #15 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-02-2013, 09:37 AM

Gustiest move I ever saw Mav.

Nothing's too cruel if it's funny enough.
post #16 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-02-2013, 10:39 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by G19Tony View Post
Gustiest move I ever saw Mav.

Heres a video without the freeze frame....

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #17 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-02-2013, 10:42 AM
MTS

That's a pucker close to a tucker!

Glad you are both ok!

( RIDE FREE BE SAFE )
post #18 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-02-2013, 10:47 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
That's a pucker close to a tucker!

Glad you are both ok!

Yea the sphincter was eating cotton that day.

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode