Great ride in the tri-state area - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Member Rides Show off your Versys...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-26-2009, 07:56 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Great ride in the tri-state area

It was almost summer weather today so we hit some great roads that I know. It was around 240 miles and it worn my used up body out. We had a great rid eand still got home in time to watch all the racing. Could not be much better.

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?hl=en...,0.219727&z=12

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-27-2009, 07:05 PM

Killer route! I will have to pick your brain some on the details as I think I will do this ride soon. I wish I was with you instead of the Cherohala Skyway ride I did. And what is the deal with the age thing? I turn 43 last week and all nagging pain hell breaks loose!

I remember a few years ago I used to do that ride and it was all fun fun. After yesterday I about died from all the aches and pains! 427 miles never hurt so much! But the weather was perfect and the roads were great. Glad you had a good ride and let me know the next time you are doing a different route like that. I'd love to join you.

"When It Rains, Get Wet"

Last edited by antman325; 04-27-2009 at 07:18 PM.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-28-2009, 06:37 AM Thread Starter

It was a lot of fun. Got behind 6 Harley riders on 28 that could not ride. They were so bad I was scared to even pass them. Both sides of the road was no problem for them. LOL!!! We followed them until we got to Warwoman and the last one almost dropped his bike making the turn. His woman had to jump off so he could hold the bike up. It was funny. People in the states buy bikes and have no clue on how to ride them.

Last edited by mountainrider; 04-28-2009 at 06:40 AM.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-28-2009, 10:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainrider View Post
It was a lot of fun. Got behind 6 Harley riders on 28 that could not ride. They were so bad I was scared to even pass them. Both sides of the road was no problem for them. LOL!!! We followed them until we got to Warwoman and the last one almost dropped his bike making the turn. His woman had to jump off so he could hold the bike up. It was funny. People in the states buy bikes and have no clue on how to ride them.
Yikes, if he had trouble with the turnoff to Warwoman, I shudder to think how the group handled that decreasing radius turn further in. Even with warnings from our ride leaders before the ride, hand signals on approach, and a fair amount of experience with a similar corner here in Colorado, I ended up standing up my Hawk and coming to a stop just before crossing the yellow my first time through there. I have Much Respect for that particular turn.

Val Gregory
AMA 466527, DoD 1258
'90 Hawk GT
'08 Versys

Tell the truth, explain to me, how you got this need for speed?
She laughed and said, "It might just be the next best thing to love."
- David Wilcox, "Eye of the Hurricane"
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-28-2009, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Val Gregory View Post
Yikes, if he had trouble with the turnoff to Warwoman, I shudder to think how the group handled that decreasing radius turn further in. Even with warnings from our ride leaders before the ride, hand signals on approach, and a fair amount of experience with a similar corner here in Colorado, I ended up standing up my Hawk and coming to a stop just before crossing the yellow my first time through there. I have Much Respect for that particular turn.

I know the turn you speak of well. Its a decreasing radius right hander (if your heading North) and if youre in there too hot, your bike ends up stuck under the gaurdrail (if youre lucky). Heres my SV650 in that very turn back in 04. The direction the GSXR is facing is the direction we were travelling. I was in full gear and got up to walk away. I took the picture as a matter of fact. That turn is no joke!

"When It Rains, Get Wet"
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-28-2009, 04:12 PM

On the Hawk List, that turn's referred to as "Keener/Cheng corner", for a couple of list members who also ended up under the guardrail. Full gear rocks; they were able to walk away and tell stories that night, too.

Val Gregory
AMA 466527, DoD 1258
'90 Hawk GT
'08 Versys

Tell the truth, explain to me, how you got this need for speed?
She laughed and said, "It might just be the next best thing to love."
- David Wilcox, "Eye of the Hurricane"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode