first ride this year - Squamish to Pemberton and farkle photos - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Member Rides Show off your Versys...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-05-2009, 08:32 PM Thread Starter
rbl

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
first ride this year - Squamish to Pemberton and farkle photos

Finally a day where the weather was good, the bike is insured and this month long cold and sniffles gave me some respite. I left home at noon, stopped at the lookout north of Squamish for some photos and to enjoy the view. (Sorry some of the photos are poor, the camera I borrowed from work is a little old).

Stopped a couple times on the way out of town to adjust the madstad and vario combination and they seem about right to get the air over the beak on my arai xd.

Traffic northbound was light, construction zones are not bad and there was minimal sand on the road up to whistler. Stopped to stretch and admire (frozen) green lake.

There was a bit more sand on the road north of whistler, but almost no traffic. I saw numerous bikes on the way to whistler but not another bike between whistler and pemberton and back. Stopped at the pony espresso for a hot chocolate and to admire the views.
One of my favorite views:

And another nice view by turning my head 45 degrees right:

On a whim on the way back I turned up the road the olympic park just south of whistler, and was very happy I did. There is something I love about riding between snowbanks! 9 kms of nice new pavement and spectacular mountain views (but some odd looks from the people in the cross country ski area parking lot).

Saw this olympic symbol....

And the ski jump, the picture doesn't do it justice...

Great views of black tusk on the way back down.

Coming through the canyon north of squamish a bww and a gray versys with a vario windscreen caught up to me, if you are a forum member HELLO! Sorry I didn't stop to talk but I wanted to get off the highway and out of the whistler traffic.

All the new farkles work! Happy with the madstad and the vario. Don't even notice the givi e21's and rack. The clear klr signals just look right on the bike, and eliminate having to use the givi signal extenders. Happy trails skidplate fits, looks ok and doesn't seem to cause any extra vibration. It was warm enough I didn't even try my new warm&safe dual heat-troller and heated gloves and liner. About all that is left to add is a tail bag for longer trips and a set of highway pegs.

Of course the bike ran flawlessly. Over the winter I go through the "maybe this isn't the right bike for me" thoughts, especially at the bike show. All it takes is a few km's of corners to remind me how much I love this bike!

RBL

07 Versys, orange.
givi e21's & pelican 1550
warm&safe dual heattroller
fender extender (unknown brand)
rear hugger
madstad bracket
vario windscreen
handguards (dr650?)
klr front and rear signals
hb crashbars
flatfoot
lowering pegs
ctech fuse panel
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-06-2009, 12:39 AM

Nice pics! Gotta love BC. How bad was the corner gravel that way?
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-06-2009, 09:16 AM Thread Starter
rbl

Quote:
Originally Posted by splitmind View Post
Nice pics! Gotta love BC. How bad was the corner gravel that way?
Gravel was not bad really, better than expected. Some sand here and there but never any danger if the line was right. The big corner south of Pemberton was the worst part.

RBL

07 Versys, orange.
givi e21's & pelican 1550
warm&safe dual heattroller
fender extender (unknown brand)
rear hugger
madstad bracket
vario windscreen
handguards (dr650?)
klr front and rear signals
hb crashbars
flatfoot
lowering pegs
ctech fuse panel
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode