St. Paddy's Day ride in peach country - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Member Rides Show off your Versys...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-17-2009, 12:45 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
St. Paddy's Day ride in peach country

Man, it's warm, it's dry, and it's sunny! I sneaked off the mountain this morning and dropped down through the Greenville Watershed to circle through the South Carolina foothills and peach country. The orchards are just beginning to bloom now, with trees on the south sides of the hills in full blossom. I had planned to ride on over towards Lake Adger, but it was so nice near Hogback Mtn. that I spent the entire morning shooting the orchards and horse farms in the region. Maybe tomorrow I'll go to Green River, but it's really nice down in the Foothills now. I may wait and follow springtime up the mountain as it climbs up into apple country.

Looking east towards Tryon, NC, this side of the ridge is in full bloom. This is one of the prettiest peach orchards in the southeast. Hint: Keep your visor down while riding the orchards - the bees are out in full force and really resent it when you scoop 'em up in your Arai...

The shot above was taken on the Belue Cemetery Road, a small side road north of Hwy. 11 on the Oak Grove Road.

It's also horse country, with miles of white picket fences lining the roads.

Friendly horses come a-runnin' when you shut off the bike - they're probably used to handouts. Shoulda took an apple with me...

One last shot from the Foothills before heading back up the mountain through Tryon, NC and Warrior Mtn.
By the way, something that I've learned to do when shooting in rural areas is to ride by a potential location slowly to see what runs out. Have you ever noticed that the more run-down a property is, the more likely it will be that it will have a half dozen in-bred pit bulls protecting the old sofas and upturned cars that litter the site? I'm becoming an expert at rapid exits...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-17-2009, 01:23 PM

Beautiful, looks like you had a great ride.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-17-2009, 05:21 PM
Super Moderator

I agree! Nice pics!!

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-25-2009, 01:48 PM

Millions of peaches...

mmm... mm... mmm...

Those are some great shots too!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode