South Park! - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Member Rides Show off your Versys...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-17-2013, 10:59 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Garage
South Park!

I decided to take some time off of work today and go up to our weekend home in the mountains to check on some contractors. Seemed like a good day to grab the Versys and take off.

First stop - the Kenosha Cafe near Grant, Colorado. When I was a kid, this place was a Mexican restaurant, which then turned into a private residence before being resurrected into a nice little breakfast cafe (with Lunch, too!).

Next stop was 10 minutes later in Jefferson, CO for some gas. Jefferson is a wide spot in the road with a gas station/grocery store (homemade fudge!), real estate office and the "Pony Expresso" Coffee shop (you can see it in the background). It's also where I turn off to get to our place.

No pics of the Versys at the mountain home, but here's a shot of what we get to see out the windows (Webster Pass and Redcone Pass, with a telephoto lens).

After checking on the contractors, I took a quick poser shot just up the road, with a better background view:

No hurry on getting back home, so I took some time for a few more shots while heading back to the highway 285:

And one more, from the top of Kenosha Pass. One of the best parts of driving up is getting to this point and seeing all of South Park laid out in front of you (except in the wintertime,when the winds are howling and blowing fresh snow all around, visibility is near zero):

Also at the top of Kenosha Pass is the turnoff for the Colorado Trail, and the Twin Cone trail (4x4). It's been a few years since I've been up there wheeling with the family, so I thought I'd take a sidetrip and drive up a few miles of the road. As expected, it was wet and muddy, and there was still one small snow drift to navigate - i stuck to the downward side of the drift at a crawl speed, which worked out okay except for the 6 - 8 inches of gravel that I had to work through). My Distanza's worked pretty well through all of it. I decided to call it a day when I reached the true start of the trail, no sense heading up there all by myself.

Back down the trail, headed for the highway again. Time for one more shot with mountain snow in the background:

That's about it for the trip, except for the obligatory hydration stop at the largest hot dog in Colorado :

Overall, it was a good day, certainly better than sitting at the office all day long, watching the price of gold and company stocks slowly sinking.

'18 Versys V1K
'09 Versys 650
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-17-2013, 11:57 PM

Very nice, . Thanks for sharing.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-20-2013, 05:29 PM

Nice pics!

Deb
CO

So many bikes, so little dinero

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-21-2013, 06:27 AM

Very scenic! Thanks for sharing

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode