2009 8th Annual Eastern Rendezvous - May 15-17 Newport, TN - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Member Rides Show off your Versys...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 03-08-2009, 08:42 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
2009 8th Annual Eastern Rendezvous - May 15-17 Newport, TN

Hey Gang. Thought I'd put the word out on this board about a must-do upcoming rally in TN. If you're on ADVrider.com as well, you most likely have heard about it. This will be my first year going...looking at the stories of years past...it's right down my alley.

Here's the info linky:
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=399647

Here's the sign up linky:
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=399881

Lowdown: Meadow Creek Mountain Resort is a few minutes north of Newport, TN on 321. I'd say somewhere near the middle between Asheville and Knoxville. This is an awesome private resort with lots of ameneties.They have a store ,a restaurant/bar, a pool , and Lots of cabins. Tent camping galore with nearby bath houses. Some private trails on the mountain behind the resort. And is located in the middle of some of the best riding in the tn/nc border area. Years past it's been held in Hot Springs, NC but the campground owners got a bit too nazi on the curfews and alcohol, so the Party Boss said F'em and took his 200+ riders to TN. Good on him.

$50 pp gets you in the event, dinner and kegs both nights, live band Sat night, a pimp rally tshirt, beverage mug, and reflective sticker. Camping fees are additional. Can't beat that. Pretty sure they're looking at 200 or so riders. All the cabins are reserved, so it'd be tent'n only. Roadies, lots of dual sports, and hopefully we can get a Versys bunch there. I've got 10 coming from Asheville, 5 V's that I know of. April 15th is the cutoff. If you don't preregister you won't get in. Check out the link. Make it happen!

cheers.
/neil
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 03-12-2009, 11:43 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Gonna be a good one

It's a good time of year, and a great location. I hoped to make it over to check out the site last weekend, but succumbed to the call of the Dragon instead. Maybe it'll warm up enough next week to make a return trip - always looking for a reason to ride.
If nothing happens, I'll be there, along with several of my riding buddies.
Did somebody say, "Cold Beer!""
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode