Will there be any other Vs at the Greenville Motorcycle show - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Member Rides Show off your Versys...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-08-2009, 06:12 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Will there be any other Vs at the Greenville Motorcycle show

I am planning to hit the Greenville Motorcycle show on 2/21 and was wondering if there would be any other Vs there.
http://www.motorcycleshows.com/motor....jsp?id=359197

Steve

I bought a motorcycle because my wife said that I couldn't! Now I have two and she still says I can't have another one!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sounds like a challenge to me!

Now I have four!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-08-2009, 07:08 PM

Greenville SC

I'm in Charleston, thinking about attending on my bike if the weather cooperates.

a2ronm
post #3 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-08-2009, 07:33 PM Thread Starter

Same here. The rest of my family lives in Greenville so I will be there weather cooperating or not, but I hope to ride up Saturday morning.

Steve

I bought a motorcycle because my wife said that I couldn't! Now I have two and she still says I can't have another one!

Now I have four!

post #4 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-12-2009, 06:54 PM

Nope, going to the Supercross with my Goddaughter.

Bill

Versys
F650GSD
FLSTSCI
XR650L
Tri Scrambler
XR50
SRX600
Zuma 125
T100R
Aero 50
EZ90
PA50
States by MC

post #5 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-13-2009, 12:41 AM

Send a message via AIM to andyhewitt3 Send a message via Skype™ to andyhewitt3
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharrison56 View Post
I am planning to hit the Greenville Motorcycle show on 2/21 and was wondering if there would be any other Vs there.
http://www.motorcycleshows.com/motor....jsp?id=359197
I'll be there. Don't know if I'll ride though.
post #6 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-20-2009, 12:00 PM

Talking

I'll be there for sure on Saturday but haven't decided yet about Sunday - I'd like to get in at least one good day of hiking this weekend. It's gonna be chilly if we ride and stay late, so I may drive down. On the other hand, if I ride, I'll be less apt to buy a bunch of stuff on impulse...

I noticed that the Versys is one of the bikes that will be available for test rides. That's good - letting folks hit the saddle on the VeeSaki is probably the best way to win new owners.

The missing fender? Left it at home while the epoxy dried on a fender extender - gotta keep the priorities in order.
post #7 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-20-2009, 02:01 PM

VeeSaki funny!

That crossover brake line can't flex enough
to hit the front tire, can it?

What fender extender did you get? Linky?
post #8 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-20-2009, 11:02 PM

Secret techie fix

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvaChava View Post
VeeSaki funny!

That crossover brake line can't flex enough
to hit the front tire, can it?

What fender extender did you get? Linky?
I relied on my buddy Al's vast knowledge of mechanical issues and watched as he used electrical ties to pull the brake line out of the way of the tire. It worked great for the short haul while we waited for the epoxy to dry.

I ordered the Pyramid Fender Extender from Adventure Motostuff in Carson City, Nevada.
http://www.amotostuff.com/thestore/prods/053420.html
It was on my doorstep two days later - very good service!

I ordered the rear hugger, unpainted, from Frog Specialties in Torrance, California. The website isn't ready for online ordering yet, but they take orders over the phone. Again, the service was excellent. They only had the brushed aluminum and unpainted versions on-hand at the time, but the unpainted was what I wanted anyway. The guy at the shop told me that the Candy Plasma Blue and the Candy Plasma Green will be available by the middle of March. I'll probably go with flat black or maybe the truck bed liner stuff.
http://www.frogspecialties.com/index.php?categoryid=26

I wish that I could get a fender extender for the hugger - the salt on the roads here following the snow storms has really been bad.
post #9 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-21-2009, 01:50 AM Thread Starter

HB9400 and I will be there Sunday, but I am planning on driving.

Steve

Now I have four!

post #10 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-21-2009, 05:55 AM

Thanks VeeWNC; Didn't intend the hijack
but at my age you have to jump on things
when you see them! Maybe someone will
post a report on the show with some pics?
post #11 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-21-2009, 03:08 PM

Send a message via AIM to andyhewitt3 Send a message via Skype™ to andyhewitt3
Greenville Motorcycle Show

the show was great. I took a lot of pics, some not so good. the new green V looks awesome.
heres my pics....I'm not in any of them.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/andyhew...7614185000973/

Last edited by andyhewitt3; 02-21-2009 at 03:13 PM.
post #12 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-24-2009, 07:39 PM

I saw another V in the parking lot Saturday, had sheepskin seat pad, mirror extenders, tailpack and GPS. So I wasn't the only V rider there .................

A2ron
Charleston, SC
post #13 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-03-2009, 10:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by A2RON View Post
I saw another V in the parking lot Saturday, had sheepskin seat pad, mirror extenders, tailpack and GPS. So I wasn't the only V rider there .................
Yeah that was my bike. I wish I could swap for the black wheels and forks from the new colors. I went to get custom fitted for an Arai which arrived yesterday and is perfect; no more red forehead after rides!
post #14 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-04-2009, 08:44 PM

I came close to an Arai purchase myself, the Vector, the rep was doing a good job with his stock. But it looks like my pennies are going to go to the Trax 37l side cases that Twisted Throttle was showing.

How do you like your seat pad?

A2ron
Charleston, SC
post #15 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-04-2009, 09:29 PM

I think the sheepskin pad is ugly as hell but it does make a big difference on longer trips (you don't really notice it around town). I'd put it second to my Polar Buff for biggest improvement in comfort. If I lost mine I'd buy another one.

I was surprised to find the Arai factory reps actually weren't affiliated with that Arai dealer next to them (though I did buy from them anyway). I truthfully wasn't too sure about spending $550 on a helmet, but after so many years of headaches I can't believe I waited this long to get a proper one. Given the crowd waiting to get measured, I guess it's a common problem.

I tried to get the guy at the Givi booth to show me some V35s (I actually wanted to buy a set then and there) but after about 20 minutes I gave up trying to get his attention. I'm also kind of regretting not getting some of those custom earphones/earplugs made while I was there; I'm hoping there will be vendors at the AMA Superbike race next month at Road Atlanta.
post #16 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-05-2009, 06:56 AM Thread Starter

We noticed the same thing at the Givi booth...those guys couldn't have cared less about the people visiting the booth. They totally ignored us.

Steve

Now I have four!

post #17 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-05-2009, 07:07 AM

I guess they don't Givi that stuff away...
(or Givi a crap about the consumer?)

I haven't been to Road Atlanta since '78
and then it was for SCCA auto racing.

What's up with that? Big bike show/race?
post #18 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-05-2009, 07:52 AM

I'm going primarily to watch the American Superbike (used to be called AMA Superbike) races, but there are several series racing over three days for the Suzuki Superbike Showdown (kind of a goofy name).

The American Superbike series starts tomorrow night at the Daytona 200 (on Speed at 8:30PM EST). It'll be the first time they've had that series race at night. Thankfully this series is cheap enough that none of the factories have pulled out, like Kawasaki did from MotoGP.

You know, the Pair-a-Nines team raced a Versys in a Moto-ST endurance event once.
post #19 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-05-2009, 12:55 PM Thread Starter

I plan to be there too. Barber has an AMA race May 1-3. http://www.barbermotorsports.com/2009-superbike.php

Steve

Now I have four!

post #20 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-05-2009, 01:44 PM

I've been to the front of the Barber Museum
but didn't enter because we didn't have
enough time to do it justice. Maybe we'll
plan a trip up that first weekend in May...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode