On the road again...Sorry Willy - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Member Rides Show off your Versys...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-05-2013, 05:28 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
On the road again...Sorry Willy

Couldn't help that.

I did 175 miles today. it was in the mid 50s and I had my cold weather gear along with more stuff, I remember the Mall Trip! BUT this time it got warmer, a little anyway, and I was OK. Had a good time and hit some of my favorite roads and stops. Even better NO Interstates at all and only about 10 miles of 4 lane. Stopped at Vista Kawasaki to see about getting new tires mounted up. Then to the local use record store, Got 6 for 16 bucks! Good stuff to.

Going to be even warmer tomorrow So I may ride over the Iron Pony to look at some of the jackets and then the BWM dealer as he carries the Olympia.

Nice to be back out after the long winter. Gotta find me a job back home in Florida!

Or was that look THEN leap?
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2012 650 Versys
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-05-2013, 06:03 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Time View Post
Couldn't help that.

I did 175 miles today. it was in the mid 50s and I had my cold weather gear along with more stuff, I remember the Mall Trip! BUT this time it got warmer, a little anyway, and I was OK. Had a good time and hit some of my favorite roads and stops. Even better NO Interstates at all and only about 10 miles of 4 lane. Stopped at Vista Kawasaki to see about getting new tires mounted up. Then to the local use record store, Got 6 for 16 bucks! Good stuff to.

Going to be even warmer tomorrow So I may ride over the Iron Pony to look at some of the jackets and then the BWM dealer as he carries the Olympia.

Nice to be back out after the long winter. Gotta find me a job back home in Florida!

Sounds like a great day... but the roads "Suck" in florida.

2009 Blue Versys.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

“The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits.” – Albert Einstein
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-05-2013, 06:25 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by weljo2001 View Post
Sounds like a great day... but the roads "Suck" in florida.
I grew up there and you just have to know where the good roads are. Anyway this part on Ohio in almost as flat and roads almost as strait in in Jacksonville.

2012 650 Versys

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-05-2013, 06:31 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
Quote:
I grew up there and you just have to know where the good roads are. Anyway this part on Ohio in almost as flat and roads almost as strait in in Jacksonville.

Well one good thing is they have Cracker Barrel Restaurants there..

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

“The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits.” – Albert Einstein
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-05-2013, 06:40 PM Thread Starter

On come on! That'd be like going to Bonanza when Jake's Steaks is right next door. There's lots better food to be had. Bono's Bar-B-Q is some of the best you will ever taste. And it you like Seafood then the Seafood Kitchen of Atlantic Blvd at the beach is the place to hit, The Captains plater is just the ticket! Home cooking? The Homestead on Beach Blvd been then for years.

Oh Heck I'm making myself hungry now!

2012 650 Versys
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-05-2013, 06:53 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
Quote:
On come on! That'd be like going to Bonanza when Jake's Steaks is right next door. There's lots better food to be had. Bono's Bar-B-Q is some of the best you will ever taste. And it you like Seafood then the Seafood Kitchen of Atlantic Blvd at the beach is the place to hit, The Captains plater is just the ticket! Home cooking? The Homestead on Beach Blvd been then for years.

Oh Heck I'm making myself hungry now!

I can eat breakfast at anytime of day. Hate seafood and being from Texas i'm not sure i could trust eating BBQ from a state thats been overrun by "Yankees"

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-05-2013, 07:10 PM Thread Starter

Now the Yankees are all down south, Jacksonville's more like "Lower Georgia" And any way Bono's been there from 1949 and they have a real pit in each restaurant AND a Pittman that knows what he's about. One of the founders was a Pittman in the first Bono's and retired after over 50 years. I think he knew a thing or two.

Ya don't like seafood? Well that means more for me!

Well enough fooling around I gotta go change oil, filter and air filter on the KLR tonight so I can go and fetch those tires tomorrow, gotta love looking like a hillbilly hauling everything ya can on a KLR! Somewhere I have a photo of a local guy with a 8 point tied across the rear of his KLR.

2012 650 Versys
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode