Monthly club ride - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Member Rides Show off your Versys...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-10-2013, 05:16 AM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to kiwi 41
Monthly club ride

My local bike club had its montly ride but was a bit cold today so not many bikes on our afternoon run to Moeraki http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moeraki_Boulders

A member of the club has just brought a brand new 2011 versys so we now have 3 versys in a small club so pretty cool if we got them all out at same time but i was using my ninja 1000 today as giving it most of rides lately as it coming off the road in a month for probably about 4 to 5 months and my mighty orange V 08 will be doing all the riding over the cooler months.

Team ready to go.

At Moeraki beach

At fleurs restaurant http://www.fleursplace.com/

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-10-2013, 06:33 AM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Riding out of the sea side restuarant down the very narrow bumpy road to the main highway.

No Video

Riding back into my home town of Timaru

No Video
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-10-2013, 06:44 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Garage
Looks like a good event, nice variety of bikes, cool

Ride while you can

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-10-2013, 06:58 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Looks like fun! You are getting ready to begin the cold, I am ready to begin the warm!
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-10-2013, 07:54 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Garage
Rough looking group.

2009 Blue Versys.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sold
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

“The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits.” – Albert Einstein
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-10-2013, 03:51 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capn Kirk View Post
Looks like fun! You are getting ready to begin the cold, I am ready to begin the warm!
Yep i noticed it getting colder and day light savings ends in a month so all clocks go back one hour boohoo so evening close in real fast from then on. You can ride in the winter here okay but just a lot shorter days and in my area you can get big frosts in morn which makes it dangerous/cold on a bike but that usually means a clear still day and great for riding between 11am to 4pm at peak of winter.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-10-2013, 04:46 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Short detour around the coast on way home.
No Video
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-11-2013, 11:34 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwi 41 View Post
Yep i noticed it getting colder and day light savings ends in a month so all clocks go back one hour boohoo so evening close in real fast from then on. You can ride in the winter here okay but just a lot shorter days and in my area you can get big frosts in morn which makes it dangerous/cold on a bike but that usually means a clear still day and great for riding between 11am to 4pm at peak of winter.
Phil - since I got my heated Tourmaster jacket liner I ride comfortably in a LOT more temps. On the last - 31 day - Alaska trip (linked under my signature line), I rode with it on NEARLY every day, and selected ON (for at least SOME of the day) probably over 50% of the days....

Ed

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-11-2013, 03:22 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by fasteddiecopeman View Post
Phil - since I got my heated Tourmaster jacket liner I ride comfortably in a LOT more temps. On the last - 31 day - Alaska trip (linked under my signature line), I rode with it on NEARLY every day, and selected ON (for at least SOME of the day) probably over 50% of the days....

ED- Not that many riders I know here use heated gear, NZ being NZ its not a huge place so you do not really get caught out hundreds of miles with not a soul in sight, we do have the odd 4 seasons in one day and weather bombs but seriuos snow storms are rear and coldest day when going to work in middle of winter would be a - 7 c frost but usually winter morns start from any where from -2 to 6 c but i do take my car to work more because roads can be a bit tricky and they also put grit on some black spots.

Our climate down here is a temperate one, top of NZ is warmer but wetter in say Auckland and has higher humidity, where i live central south island east coast we get cooler temps, harder frosts but when its hot its pretty much a lower humidity heat, a couple of years ago my town of Timaru got a couple points under a nz record with 40 c but i was at work and it did not feel that bad as it was a beautiful dry heat.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode