Stuck in Lodi - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Member Rides Show off your Versys...

Like Tree28Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 28 (permalink) Old 02-21-2020, 10:26 AM Thread Starter
Member
 
hawkerjet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Fresno aka Shake & Bake California
Posts: 1,185
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Stuck in Lodi

It had to happen sometime. Stuck in Lodi...well actually Ojai. My trusty Versys turned into a Ford this week. Found On Road Dead.

Monday I launched from Fresno on a 3 day ride. The plan was to stay with my buddy Dave in Goleta for a couple of days of riding in the area. Day one was to head to Santa Barbara via 41 south to interstate 5 south and connect with state route 33 and up over the coast range into Ojai, then on to Santa Barbara and Goleta. All was good on day one. Snapped a few pics starting at the Ozena Fire Station at the base of the 33. Snagged a few more pics at the top of the 33 looking North. Then going down the south side looking south towards the ocean.

The pics of the little creek was the major area of the terrible flood/mudslide in Montecito of a few years ago. Prior to the mudslide that entire area was full of trees and vegetation so you could not even see the creek. Now it is about a 50 yard wide area that was scoured out down to bed rock. Many houses and lives were lost. Really sad.

Tuesday day 2 was a fun run south on the 101 to ride all the cool canyon roads in the Malibu area, including the world famous "Snake." We stopped at the old Paramount Ranch to see if it had been rebuilt after the 2018 Woolsey fire. Unfortunately it had not been rebuilt yet. The little white church was the only structure that survived...hum perhaps God really was looking down on one of his houses?

After lunch in the Bu we headed north on the 1 to Latigo Canyon. One of my favorite roads in the area. So many turns it will make you dizzy. Dave and I both got passed by a hot rod Camero that was really putting down some lap times. We headed north winding our way thru the Simi Valley thru Santa Paula and then took the back way into Ojai via the 150. This is where the trouble began. The BIG RED light on the dash suddenly came on for an oh crap moment. Stopped for a quick assessment. Oil and water levels were ok. Nothing was overly hot or noisey so off we go into Ojai where she totally quit running. See pic of my F O R D in front of the Home Kitchen.

Shot down by the....wait for it... drum roll please... the good o'l STATOR failure. She ran till the battery went flat. Discovered that you are good for about 10 miles on battery power only when the charging system goes off line. Thank God it happened in Ojai cuz my buddy Chris (the guy working on my bike in the pic. I told him to smile but instead he grabbed his torch and puts on his attitude face) owns the local motorcycle shop in Goleta and lives in Ojai. I call Chris and he comes to my rescue with his truck. He has his commuter bike in the back, so we unload his bike and load up mine. He goes home and I take the truck and my bike to Dave's for the night. The next morning at Chris's shop we determine that the stator had failed. So instead of ordering the parts and waiting a couple of days, Chris steals the stator off a bike on the show room floor and I am up and running is a couple of hours. Boy howdy let me tell you it's not what you know but who you know. I told him he is very lucky he is not a girl cuz I would give you a big kiss!

After taking him to lunch, on my dime of course, me and Dave did a short shake down ride up on East Camino where we shot some pics of the views and of us sitting on couch rock. I discovered the rock back when I lived in the area. It's just like a big couch with a foot stool rock in front. It looks down on Santa Barbara and the Channel islands to the south and north you see the Santa Ynez mountains and valley. On a super clear off shore wind day you can see south almost all the way to Catalina Island. It's super quiet up there with views to die for. I used to go up there to think and pray and chill.

Thursday was the ride home. Total miles for 4 days was 720. And I am happy to report my old tired decrepit broken down back did just fine the entire time.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200217_123040.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	111.5 KB
ID:	167403   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200217_123059.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	109.9 KB
ID:	167405   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200217_124733.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	70.7 KB
ID:	167407   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200217_124708.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	102.2 KB
ID:	167409   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200217_130525.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	93.1 KB
ID:	167411  

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200217_130532.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	83.7 KB
ID:	167413   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200217_130555.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	75.2 KB
ID:	167415   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200217_161115.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	139.3 KB
ID:	167417   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200217_161118.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	126.2 KB
ID:	167419   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200218_120430.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	84.4 KB
ID:	167421  

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200218_120540.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	93.9 KB
ID:	167423   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200218_121133.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	74.7 KB
ID:	167425   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200218_171240.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	60.9 KB
ID:	167427   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200219_111241.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	103.7 KB
ID:	167429   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200219_140248.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	85.4 KB
ID:	167431  

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200219_140341.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	75.7 KB
ID:	167433   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200219_140803.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	83.0 KB
ID:	167435   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200219_141439.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	72.7 KB
ID:	167437   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200219_141453.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	78.9 KB
ID:	167439   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200219_141457.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	93.5 KB
ID:	167441  

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200219_141821.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	58.6 KB
ID:	167443   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200219_141949.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	75.1 KB
ID:	167445   Click image for larger version

Name:	VID_20200219_141936.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	50.8 KB
ID:	167447  

Cookin Wid Gas

2015 V-650 of course it's green...it's a Kazawalski.

Last edited by hawkerjet; 02-21-2020 at 10:36 AM.
hawkerjet is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 28 (permalink) Old 02-21-2020, 11:34 AM
Member
 
Fly-Sig's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Salt Lake City
Posts: 1,086
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
It is better to be lucky than good!

I fly into SBA frequently, and admire the views coming in. Also into BUR and ONT. Lots of fantastic looking roads down there! I am looking forward to retirement so I can enjoy it on 2 wheels instead of 2 wings.
onewizard and hawkerjet like this.
Fly-Sig is offline  
post #3 of 28 (permalink) Old 02-21-2020, 01:35 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
hawkerjet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Fresno aka Shake & Bake California
Posts: 1,185
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fly-Sig View Post
It is better to be lucky than good!

I fly into SBA frequently, and admire the views coming in. Also into BUR and ONT. Lots of fantastic looking roads down there! I am looking forward to retirement so I can enjoy it on 2 wheels instead of 2 wings.
I was based in SBA for Fidelity. Flew the G-200 and Beechjet. The arrival from the east was the tool box 1 arrival. Cross Palmdale at 240 then flight idle and 4000 fpm (coming down like a tool box) to finally connect with a 3 degree profile to the runway.

Definitely a magical place to live and fly out of.

And yes rather be lucky than good....and I would add "Will probably never be good so might as well be lucky!"

Cookin Wid Gas

2015 V-650 of course it's green...it's a Kazawalski.
hawkerjet is offline  
 
post #4 of 28 (permalink) Old 02-21-2020, 03:08 PM
Super Moderator
 
weljo2001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Norwalk CA
Posts: 15,850
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Garage
Your break down was better than my last vacation.....
hawkerjet likes this.

2009 Blue Versys.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sold
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Farkles...
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
...
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Video Channel
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Photos...
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

“The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits.” – Albert Einstein
weljo2001 is offline  
post #5 of 28 (permalink) Old 02-21-2020, 03:38 PM
Super Moderator
 
fasteddiecopeman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Kelowna, BC - summer; Florence, AZ - winter
Posts: 18,414
Mentioned: 35 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkerjet View Post
...The arrival from the east was the tool box 1 arrival. Cross Palmdale at 240 then flight idle and 4000 fpm (coming down like a tool box) to finally connect with a 3 degree profile to the runway....
I KNOW it's NOT the same, but I did a "practice emergency descent" from FL410 into Edmonton (CYEG) [in a B727-200 on a 'ferry-flight'] around 1990. We timed the descent to 'leveled at 10,000ASL' at 1 minute 25 seconds.

The ground comes UP mighty quickly...!

Fly-Sig likes this.

Ed
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
fasteddiecopeman is offline  
post #6 of 28 (permalink) Old 02-21-2020, 04:12 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Hot Springs, SD
Posts: 948
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Temps are supposed to be near 60 tomorrow......maybe I can get in a ride.
Duffy is offline  
post #7 of 28 (permalink) Old 02-21-2020, 06:44 PM
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Kitchener Ontario
Posts: 7,957
Mentioned: 47 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkerjet View Post
It had to happen sometime. Stuck in Lodi...well actually Ojai. My trusty Versys turned into a Ford this week. Found On Road Dead.

Monday I launched from Fresno on a 3 day ride. The plan was to stay with my buddy Dave in Goleta for a couple of days of riding in the area. Day one was to head to Santa Barbara via 41 south to interstate 5 south and connect with state route 33 and up over the coast range into Ojai, then on to Santa Barbara and Goleta. All was good on day one. Snapped a few pics starting at the Ozena Fire Station at the base of the 33. Snagged a few more pics at the top of the 33 looking North. Then going down the south side looking south towards the ocean.

The pics of the little creek was the major area of the terrible flood/mudslide in Montecito of a few years ago. Prior to the mudslide that entire area was full of trees and vegetation so you could not even see the creek. Now it is about a 50 yard wide area that was scoured out down to bed rock. Many houses and lives were lost. Really sad.

Tuesday day 2 was a fun run south on the 101 to ride all the cool canyon roads in the Malibu area, including the world famous "Snake." We stopped at the old Paramount Ranch to see if it had been rebuilt after the 2018 Woolsey fire. Unfortunately it had not been rebuilt yet. The little white church was the only structure that survived...hum perhaps God really was looking down on one of his houses?

After lunch in the Bu we headed north on the 1 to Latigo Canyon. One of my favorite roads in the area. So many turns it will make you dizzy. Dave and I both got passed by a hot rod Camero that was really putting down some lap times. We headed north winding our way thru the Simi Valley thru Santa Paula and then took the back way into Ojai via the 150. This is where the trouble began. The BIG RED light on the dash suddenly came on for an oh crap moment. Stopped for a quick assessment. Oil and water levels were ok. Nothing was overly hot or noisey so off we go into Ojai where she totally quit running. See pic of my F O R D in front of the Home Kitchen.

Shot down by the....wait for it... drum roll please... the good o'l STATOR failure. She ran till the battery went flat. Discovered that you are good for about 10 miles on battery power only when the charging system goes off line. Thank God it happened in Ojai cuz my buddy Chris (the guy working on my bike in the pic. I told him to smile but instead he grabbed his torch and puts on his attitude face) owns the local motorcycle shop in Goleta and lives in Ojai. I call Chris and he comes to my rescue with his truck. He has his commuter bike in the back, so we unload his bike and load up mine. He goes home and I take the truck and my bike to Dave's for the night. The next morning at Chris's shop we determine that the stator had failed. So instead of ordering the parts and waiting a couple of days, Chris steals the stator off a bike on the show room floor and I am up and running is a couple of hours. Boy howdy let me tell you it's not what you know but who you know. I told him he is very lucky he is not a girl cuz I would give you a big kiss!

After taking him to lunch, on my dime of course, me and Dave did a short shake down ride up on East Camino where we shot some pics of the views and of us sitting on couch rock. I discovered the rock back when I lived in the area. It's just like a big couch with a foot stool rock in front. It looks down on Santa Barbara and the Channel islands to the south and north you see the Santa Ynez mountains and valley. On a super clear off shore wind day you can see south almost all the way to Catalina Island. It's super quiet up there with views to die for. I used to go up there to think and pray and chill.

Thursday was the ride home. Total miles for 4 days was 720. And I am happy to report my old tired decrepit broken down back did just fine the entire time.
Wow, a 2015 with stator failure. I had a few set backs over the last week, but have 3 Polaris regulators ( 4012941) I intend to post For Sale Saturday or Sunday, one is already spoken for. This will be my last at selling these,I now recommend buying directly from Polaris using the 4016868 Polaris which works best on the MK-3 due to a larger footprint, one member posted installing one on a MK-2. I will have more detail in the For Sale
onewizard is offline  
post #8 of 28 (permalink) Old 02-21-2020, 07:56 PM
Super Moderator
 
Fastoman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Ipoh.Perak.Malaysia
Posts: 7,335
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
just gone through FORD early this month. The old Sator gave way and yes , its all about who you know.
onewizard likes this.
Fastoman is offline  
post #9 of 28 (permalink) Old 02-21-2020, 10:25 PM
Member
 
jaaklucas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Vancouver B.C.
Posts: 469
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkerjet View Post

Shot down by the....wait for it... drum roll please... the good o'l STATOR failure.
Superman had kryptonite and us Versys folks have crappy voltage regulators. Other than that the system appears to be trouble-free. Scared me enough to put in the series-style regulator. Onewizard sentences you to 25 push-ups and one Polaris!
onewizard and Fastoman like this.

Last edited by fasteddiecopeman; 02-22-2020 at 11:48 AM.
jaaklucas is offline  
post #10 of 28 (permalink) Old 02-22-2020, 09:48 AM
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Kitchener Ontario
Posts: 7,957
Mentioned: 47 Post(s)
Series regulator Why Bother

I am going to ask again, anyone with a 2017 or newer V1000 contact me, I suspect Kawasaki has a series regulator but need someone to prove it for me, the hardest part is getting at the 3 phase plug, in my 2015 Versys 650, it is near impossible to access, better to take the plastic off and go to the regulator.
What is needed is a voltmeter that can measure volts AC . The regulator should have two plugs and look similar to the Polaris

https://www.shindengen.com/products/...otorcycle/reg/
quexpress likes this.
onewizard is offline  
post #11 of 28 (permalink) Old 02-22-2020, 10:02 AM
Member
 
twowheeladdict's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 4,426
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Garage
Beautiful roads. I don't know if I could get used to the lack of lush green we get here in the east.

How is the back doing?

My Versys Travels:


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
twowheeladdict is offline  
post #12 of 28 (permalink) Old 02-22-2020, 04:25 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Roseville, Ca.
Posts: 468
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by twowheeladdict View Post
Beautiful roads. I don't know if I could get used to the lack of lush green we get here in the east....
Lush green requires lots of water and we go for months with little to no rain. Which also means you can ride pretty much year round.

It will green up considerably over the next few months as we get our seasonal rains. Throughout the warm summer months the green rolling hills turn golden again.
onewizard and twowheeladdict like this.

Last edited by fasteddiecopeman; 02-23-2020 at 10:42 AM.
Buffalo_Bob is offline  
post #13 of 28 (permalink) Old 02-22-2020, 06:55 PM
Member
 
dadsafrantic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: The Hood, SF Bay Area Ca. USA
Posts: 230
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by onewizard View Post
Wow, a 2015 with stator failure. I had a few set backs over the last week, but have 3 Polaris regulators ( 4012941) I intend to post For Sale Saturday or Sunday, one is already spoken for. This will be my last at selling these,I now recommend buying directly from Polaris using the 4016868 Polaris which works best on the MK-3 due to a larger footprint, one member posted installing one on a MK-2. I will have more detail in the For Sale
would it be worth getting one just to have as a back up?
and is this it? https://www.amazon.com/Voltage-Regul...2419028&sr=8-2

Dadsafrantic

2018 versys 650 lt
0 miles- 8/15/19


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
dadsafrantic is offline  
post #14 of 28 (permalink) Old 02-23-2020, 12:49 AM
Member
 
jaaklucas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Vancouver B.C.
Posts: 469
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dadsafrantic View Post
would it be worth getting one just to have as a back up?
and is this it? https://www.amazon.com/Voltage-Regul...2419028&sr=8-2
The number looks right, 4016868, but better PM Onewizard. The point of getting a series regulator to replace the basic shunt OEM is to keep your stator from overworking and dying in an awkward situation. So if you buy it install it, not that hard but a bit of wiring retrofit. Many of us have done it...
onewizard, Smiley and quexpress like this.
jaaklucas is offline  
post #15 of 28 (permalink) Old 02-23-2020, 07:05 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: mid Flowriduh
Posts: 702
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dadsafrantic View Post
would it be worth getting one just to have as a back up?
and is this it? https://www.amazon.com/Voltage-Regul...2419028&sr=8-2
I'm pretty sure that is not a series regulator. I bought similar thinking I found a deal. It's now in a landfil, too late to return.

Yeah, if you want true ram air tuning, you better be willing to ram some air! (SteveinSunnyFlorida)

'15 KLE650LT
'99 Concours(with 234,xxx miles on it), sold
'98 KLR650


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


And most of Canada too, eh?
SteveJ is offline  
post #16 of 28 (permalink) Old 02-23-2020, 10:05 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Posts: 99
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
I am not completely uneducated on the stator problem on the versys BUT I have not educated myself enough on the subject.I own a 2008, Love the bike and am preparing things for a week or two ride from Washington state to arizona then back across to California and up the 101 to Wash.My bike has 16000 miles on it and thus far have had no problem.At what mileage does it seem that stator failure seems to occur or is it just random.Should I pack one and take it with me?I would like to upgrade to a polaris but would not feel comfortable doing it myself.Any advise? I am 68 years old in great health and I figure if I am ever going to take this long of a ride I better do it NOW.Should I be concerned?Thank you,
onewizard likes this.

Smooth is fast.
foxpro is offline  
post #17 of 28 (permalink) Old 02-23-2020, 10:10 AM
jpd
Member
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Gloucester, VA. & Manassas VA.
Posts: 189
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Garage
For us east coasters CA seasons are wrong. Green in the winter spring and brown (golden) in the summer fall. The lack of rain and moderate temps. do make for a long riding season.

Riding in CA and be a tale of two days. 1987 I left the bay area at 0 dark thirty and froze my butt off on the way to Reno. In Sac I stopped for breakfast and thought OK the sun is coming up it will be warmer. Nope as you go up in elevation the temp went down. And this was in August. Day 2 coming back from Reno down the mountains into the central valley. The temp keeps going up as I come down. It was the hottest I had ever ridden in. I didn't have enough clothing to put on the first day and couldn't take enough off on day two.

Great pic by the way, and good to have friends to help.

Jeff

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
jpd is offline  
post #18 of 28 (permalink) Old 02-23-2020, 10:56 AM
Super Moderator
 
fasteddiecopeman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Kelowna, BC - summer; Florence, AZ - winter
Posts: 18,414
Mentioned: 35 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dadsafrantic View Post
would it be worth getting one just to have as a back up?...
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaaklucas View Post
The number looks right, 4016868, but better PM Onewizard. The point of getting a series regulator to replace the basic shunt OEM is to keep your stator from overworking and dying in an awkward situation. So if you buy it install it, not that hard but a bit of wiring retrofit. Many of us have done it...
Get one, and INSTALL IT ASAP! The stator in my '08 died at 68,680 miles, even tho' I had replaced the regulator w/ a POLARIS R/R at 65,383 miles as obviously the stator was ALREADY damaged from the 65,383 miles ridden w/ that POS OEM SHUNT REGULATOR in it!

I replaced the R/R in my '15 V650 [which is in BC, 1,700 miles N of AZ] (w/ another POLARIS R/R, but I can't remember the mileage at which I did it, but I'm VERY happy that I DID change it!

onewizard and quexpress like this.

Ed
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
fasteddiecopeman is offline  
post #19 of 28 (permalink) Old 02-23-2020, 12:40 PM
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Kitchener Ontario
Posts: 7,957
Mentioned: 47 Post(s)
Polaris / 4012941 Fakes/ 4016868 No Proof

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadsafrantic View Post
would it be worth getting one just to have as a back up?
and is this it? https://www.amazon.com/Voltage-Regul...2419028&sr=8-2
I have posted for years to verify the 4012941 by the numbers printed opposite the sockets, SH775BA and 4012941 both appear. When on Ebay the first fake indicator is if it is under $150 USD listed as NEW. The second indicator is if there are numerous photos, but none showing the side with the printing on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaaklucas View Post
The number looks right, 4016868, but better PM Onewizard. The point of getting a series regulator to replace the basic shunt OEM is to keep your stator from overworking and dying in an awkward situation. So if you buy it install it, not that hard but a bit of wiring retrofit. Many of us have done it...
Yes I have stepped back from buying and selling the 4012941 ,when what I have are gone , that will be it, shipping is ridiculous and it has become a bit overwhelming with my last purchase, PayPal screwed me around and went and used my credit card, even though money was in the bank, this happened over Christmas so it took 3 weeks to sort out.Our dollar dropped and they tried to hit me with a $$ increase over the original purchase, over 5 phone calls and 2 supervisors, mid January I finally got my account with PayPal working again.
As to the newer Polaris the 4016868, the only way I would purchase that is from a Polaris dealer, I paid $128 Canadian ( $15 of that was tax)in July 2018.
I say the only way from a Dealer , because there is no markings or other way to prove it isn't a fake.So the days of buying used on Ebay, are gone unless you are buying from a wrecker and it is out of a sled . Most of these wreckers are selling these at 60% to 75% of new, is it really worth it saving $$ when shipping needs to be added into the equation?

I am trying to get all the photos together and post in For Sale tonight.
onewizard is offline  
post #20 of 28 (permalink) Old 02-23-2020, 12:51 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
hawkerjet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Fresno aka Shake & Bake California
Posts: 1,185
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Do the Polaris regulators fit the plug on the bike or do you have do do modifications?

Cookin Wid Gas

2015 V-650 of course it's green...it's a Kazawalski.
hawkerjet is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in













Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome